Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 11:57 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times

Advertisements

No, but seriously, troops are surrounding Moscow. Some giant tent things and portable buildings have been built right outside Moscow, everyone suspects they are hospitals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 12:43 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Quote:
Ходор постит видос с колонной бэтээров, внося свой посильный вклад в распространение паники и многозначительно поясняя: «Без комментариев». Действительно, чего тут комментировать. Для особо тугих, слабоумных, просто, извините, ебанутых Минобороны давно все пояснило.

Подготовка к параду Победы идет по плану. Войска периодически проводят совместные репетиции, а телепортационные порталы еще не изобрели. Вот и приходится технике ездить по дорогам общего пользования. На радость тупорылым фейкометам. Не будьте, как Михал Борисыч, комментируйте. Не рефлексируйте, как говорится, распространяйте.
(c)A. Kotz
t.me/sashakots/12959

Short translation: preparatory work is underway for the May 9 Victory parade. This has not yet been canceled.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:42 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Lol, Occam's Razor.

No no, better for it to be something dramatic, it is Russia after all, must say it.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:10 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
With the UK PM now with positive test and including the PM of Canada or Prince Charles already or Prince Albert you can see a weird trend here...especially with Trump, Putin, Biden, Sanders all over 60 years old. One can see where this is heading...no need to eli5.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Here's something on the vaccine. It's not going to be ready for months though.

https://tass.com/society/1136863

Old 03-27-2020, 06:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Something occurred to me. What are 145 million Russians who have been cooped up in their apartments for months going to do when spring comes? Springtime is the Russian mating season ffs!!! If this continues for any length of time there's going to be chaos.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:43 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Something occurred to me. What are 145 million Russians who have been cooped up in their apartments for months going to do when spring comes? Springtime is the Russian mating season ffs!!! If this continues for any length of time there's going to be chaos.

It's OK, they will be mating on FB for now.

I have a better question here - jeez, are they going to blow the whole of Italy away with these machines or what?

I don't know what's that "Putin discussed with Macron" there, but is France next on the list to be super sprayed like that or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIdish-HY38

Old 03-28-2020, 07:29 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
(c)A. Kotz
t.me/sashakots/12959

Short translation: preparatory work is underway for the May 9 Victory parade. This has not yet been canceled.
This is most likely in Kazakhstan. The license plate on the cars are Kazakh.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:54 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is most likely in Kazakhstan. The license plate on the cars are Kazakh.

This was my initial question too - if someone on the internet puts the caption "Just saw it from my car window in Moscow," how the heck do I know that it's from Moscow location?

Old 03-28-2020, 08:58 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering where they're getting such a large number of test kits, if they're testing everyone who presents with "pneumonia", first of all. Secondly, I'm concerned for all the medical staff involved in this testing. I doubt they have the type of protective gear some hospital staff in the West have, and even many doctors/nurses the West don't have the necessary gear, not to mention--sufficient ventilators on ICU wards. Are some of the medical staff who administer the tests getting sick?

To answer an earlier question of yours, possibly one reason Russia started out a bit late (in spite of a long border with China), is that Russians don't travel abroad as much as Westerners do? Many of the cases in the US involve people who returned from India, of course--China, Italy, and other countries that were ahead of everyone else in the development of cases.

Also, the cities in the US, that were the main gateways for international flights, especially from the Far East, as well as Italy and India, became disease centers too, so that other states started seeing cases involving people who had picked up the bug on a visit to NYC, Seattle, San Francisco and perhaps LA. Russia doesn't have the volume of international traffic from its own citizens (visiting foreigners is another matter) that North American and Western Europe do. Its main international hub is Moscow. I guess Vladivostok and Khabarovsk could have been entry-points for the virus from China, Korea and Japan early on, before borders were closed. We don't have any idea what's going on locally over there, but I have friends over there, and they have't mentioned anything unusual. They seem unconcerned.
Ruth, you surprise me.. I thought you had no prejudices about backwardness in Russia.. The "Vector" center of virusology has already released 1 MILLION tests for coronavirus. They are even rumored to be testing trial types of coronavirus vaccine. As for medical support, hospitals in all major cities are provided with everything necessary. Yes, small regional cities may not have everything they need, but there are only a few cases in the regions, and some do not have them at all. I just got back from Vladivostok yesterday. It would seem that China is almost across the road, but there is no hysteria and panic, people live an ordinary life. In the United States, by the way, it also seems that everything is not so smooth, if nurses in New York wear garbage bags for protection.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe