Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 01:43 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I'm not sure, but I can guess. Special troops show solidarity. Kneeling is a sign of solidarity. But I will tell you my point of view, which is not connected with Putin and a non-democratic society (as I believe).
1. Solidarity must be mutual. If a knee bows only one side, it is not solidarity. This is knee worship in front of the crowd.
2. Special forces should not show solidarity. This is not their business. If you want to show solidarity - take off your uniform and go protest. But you have no right to do this in the service and in front of the crowd.

Let me ask you something else about *kneeling*
Do you know anything about him?
If yes, share your thoughts please.

(This is a bit more about Kaepernik in Russian)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 05:43 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
The fact that people were dissatisfied with the political system is not a reason, but rather one of the secondary reasons.But it was much deeper.People stopped believing in themselves and their country for a while.And everything else is secondary. And Trains began to Rob, at the beginning of the mess, which I wrote about.Of course, in the US, everything happens in its own way and with its own characteristics. But Max, history is spiraling , it's always been that way.Guess where the loop is now in America?
Very deep and good answer, I can't rep enough.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:44 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Let me ask you something else about *kneeling*
Do you know anything about him?
If yes, share your thoughts please.

(This is a bit more about Kaepernik in Russian)
I read that the current kneeling came from sports, but I did not know the details, thanks.

I think this is a difficult question. What is a state - is it a hired organization, or something more, that gives you cultural values ​​and upbringing (extra parent)? If this is a hired organization, then abandonment of anthem approach is fully understood. If an organization does its job poorly, then I can sit while anthem playing, I can burn flag, etc. I can say that I am not a patriot, and don't make me laugh with these stupid things. But if I consider myself a patriot, if state is a cultural superstructure of society that forms a nation, then this approach is unacceptable. It is not a state violates the law, it is specific people violate the law. And specific persons makes decisions. I may be dissatisfied with their actions, protest against it, but flag, anthem, coat of arms, etc. have nothing to do with it. If a patriot refuses anthem, then he/she is unhappy with cultural code of society, he wants to rebuild nation. I think that this behavior is the first step to a Civil War.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:54 AM

And, by the way, the States are very lucky that provocateurs do not act on their territory. As the practice of Ukraine shows, a couple of snipers on roofs of houses can turn any agressive rally into a bloody massacre.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
The fact that people were dissatisfied with the political system is not a reason, but rather one of the secondary reasons.But it was much deeper.People stopped believing in themselves and their country for a while.And everything else is secondary. And Trains began to Rob, at the beginning of the mess, which I wrote about.Of course, in the US, everything happens in its own way and with its own characteristics. But Max, history is spiraling , it's always been that way.Guess where the loop is now in America?
Interestingly, have they their Egor Letov?..

https://youtu.be/vBdiuFMScc4

It would be interesting to listen to the American version.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I just laugh under the table. How your head is filled with the s**t of Western propaganda. All this" independence "of Americans and their "rights" is a fiction and a bluff. America is a police state where a step to the left, a step to the right is punishable by shots. Russians have a thousand times more rights and freedoms than the average American. And as for the current so-called "protests", it could only be called protests in the first days or even hours, until the first broken shops windows, Then everything began to descend into chaos and anarchy, where the authorities gradually began to lose control of the situation and all these protests turned into banal looting and pogroms. Which is exactly what happens in America in any mess.

But who really became have a slave mentality, so it is the Ukrainians. In any case, they fall on their knees before all sorts of idiots, like slaves before their masters.

I think any Russian will never voluntarily kneel before anyone.

Those are pictures of Ukrainians showing respect to their soldiers fallen in battle. They actually care about their men fighting off Russians who thought they could force their way into how Ukrainians want to govern themselves. You're right, Russians won't kneel to respect their dead because they don't value life. My congratulations for making my point.

All you angry Russians on here upset that protests can bring about political changes, its funny because I believe this is how you really feel. This has been hammered into you since birth to give reverence to your almighty state. Its a fundamental difference between your mentality and the West's that we can and do change our government policies through events like this. Good point for bringing Ukraine into it, because they had a revolution also spurred on by police brutality (in that case the Berkut). Certainly Ukrainians too believe they should control their government instead of the other way around.

All you naysayers who can't believe this protest movement can bring change don't realize that its already happening across local governments in the USA. We aren't beholden to the president even here and times like these make me glad to be an American.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Interestingly, have they their Egor Letov?..

https://youtu.be/vBdiuFMScc4

It would be interesting to listen to the American version.

You won't find American equivalent in this respect Maxim ( may be the closest what comes to it is the whole "Vietnam war" and the 70ies scene. ("Credence Clearwater Revival" and sometimes Bob Dylan come to mind.)
But OVERALL Russia and America are VERY DIFFERENT COUNTRIES in their essence. ( And that's why you won't find the equivalent reflected in music by the way.

The similarities (both are big and multi-national) are very superficial, but a lot of Russians I've noticed perceive it on a much deeper level lately, which is a MISTAKE, even keeping in mind how much Russia has been americanized since the nineties.
When I realized that even Olshansky makes this mistake ( he is a deep thinker and he actually lived in America,) I can only imagine what Russians are PROJECTING right now, looking at what's going on in the US.
And then, of course, there are Russian youtubers ( like that cop whose video you've posted,) who currently live in America and report their observations based on their own life experience.
This is yet another source of information for Russians, ( other than official TV channels of course. )
And speaking of the "official channels" - I just watched yesterday's 60 minutes, and it was a hit to me - VERY interesting how the "officialdom" (embodied mostly by Evgeniy Popov ) is perceiving the whole situation.
Abzalov ( that Asian-looking guy just in case you don't know who he is there,) is as brilliant as ever.
His mind reminds me of some kind of computer that's downloaded with all kind of valuable detailed information, and then spits out the analysis and projections thousand words per minute)))
When the conclusions and projections ( that I find pretty accurate) that he keeps on shooting become *inconvenient,* Popov usually gives him *a look,* and they switch to commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyw7bULGQzg

P.S. But hang on, I hope I'll be able to comment on your post on "state, patriotism" and all.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Those are pictures of Ukrainians showing respect to their soldiers fallen in battle. They actually care about their men fighting off Russians who thought they could force their way into how Ukrainians want to govern themselves. You're right, Russians won't kneel to respect their dead because they don't value life. My congratulations for making my point.

Stop your usual nonsense DKM - Russians just bow their heads in silence when honoring their dead.

They don't kneel.

They are the "northerners" and thus less theatrical, while Ukrainians are a Southern version and thus are more expressive.

Quote:
All you angry Russians on here upset that protests can bring about political changes, its funny because I believe this is how you really feel. This has been hammered into you since birth to give reverence to your almighty state. Its a fundamental difference between your mentality and the West's that we can and do change our government policies through events like this. Good point for bringing Ukraine into it, because they had a revolution also spurred on by police brutality (in that case the Berkut). Certainly Ukrainians too believe they should control their government instead of the other way around.
Except for they don't control their government any longer.
They became a colony, a banana republic that's run by foreign powers and it's already official.

They were actually more independent and more in control of their own country with Berkut in place, which is ironic.

Quote:
All you naysayers who can't believe this protest movement can bring change don't realize that its already happening across local governments in the USA. We aren't beholden to the president even here and times like these make me glad to be an American.
I have no idea what "changes" you are talking about.

I lived in the US long enough to see the root of the problems that's hidden in the very foundation of this country, so I have no idea how it can be resolved at this point in time.
As I've said - I wouldn't want the job of the US president, even if it's handed to me on a plate.

In Russia - no problem.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I read that the current kneeling came from sports, but I did not know the details, thanks.

I think this is a difficult question. What is a state - is it a hired organization, or something more, that gives you cultural values ​​and upbringing (extra parent)? If this is a hired organization, then abandonment of anthem approach is fully understood. If an organization does its job poorly, then I can sit while anthem playing, I can burn flag, etc. I can say that I am not a patriot, and don't make me laugh with these stupid things.

Well, let me make your ( and mine) job even more difficult at this point, more challenging.
Say you consider "state" - i.e. political structure that dominates your life unacceptable.

Then ( by definition) when you show disrespect to its attributes (anthem, banner) - with other words a contempt for the POLITICAL system of your country, ( i.e. if you could change things the way you see it fit, you'd be still happy to live in your country, since it's the POLITICAL SYSTEM that you dislike, but you still like the place where you were born, you still like the people/culture of your country.)
In this case you most likely deal with potential revolutionaries.

OR: Since you see the political system that you don't like as the inseparable reflection/manifestation of the CULTURAL TRAITS of your country ( i.e. you simply don't believe in possibility of any viable changes, the kind that would be acceptable for you,) then we are already dealing with a different kind of rejection.

In first case scenario we are still dealing with patriots ( I guess.)

In second case scenario we are dealing with different possible outcomes; the most common of them - future immigration.

Agree? Disagree?

Thoughts?

Quote:
But if I consider myself a patriot, if state is a cultural superstructure of society that forms a nation, then this approach is unacceptable.
If the political system serves your interests, and cultural values of your country reflect your own, you would obviously find contempt/rejection of anthem/coat of arms etc manifesting your values unacceptable.

Quote:
It is not a state violates the law, it is specific people violate the law. And specific persons makes decisions. I may be dissatisfied with their actions, protest against it, but flag, anthem, coat of arms, etc. have nothing to do with it.
Sorry, I've lost you here.

Quote:
If a patriot refuses anthem, then he/she is unhappy with cultural code of society, he wants to rebuild nation. I think that this behavior is the first step to a Civil War.

OK, THIS I think refers to my first part of comments.
Except for I split hairs even further.

I divide the insubordinate group into two different parts - the future revolutionaries ( and thus a first step towards the Civil War as you rightfully mentioned,) and potential immigrants.

Thoughts?

Last edited by erasure; 06-05-2020 at 07:30 PM..

Old 06-05-2020, 07:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
.....in the meantime more Nordstream 2 sanctions are announced....it really baffles me why the US wants to be humiliated on the international stage when these actions are not going to stop it, there are already contingency plans in place for insurance and service logistics to make sure the pipeline is completed.
The only way to actually trying to stop it is to sanctions eventual end users, a nuclear options that is going to make a lot of enemies (Germany in primis) for the US in Europe and few weak friends.
And yet here we are in the summer and it still sits in port, nowhere to go.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=8770261

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe