Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 04:24 PM

26,797 posts, read 22,584,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West71 View Post
Какая война???? Ты сам то где живешь? Путин развязал войну против всего мира. Я знаю что говорю Я живу в России и я вижу!!!
What war ???? You yourself then where do you live? Putin launched a war against the whole world. I know what I'm saying I live in Russia and I see !!!

I apologize for my bad English
Just because you "live in Russia," that doesn't mean that you see "everything."
So I'll simply reiterate you Maxim's question;
If not Putin, who/what is the alternative for the time being?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 04:48 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,216,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So I'll simply reiterate you Maxim's question;
If not Putin, who/what is the alternative for the time being?
I dont understand this question....Do you think that Putin lives for ever?
Soon or later Russia needs new president, what you gonna do then?
In Finland prime minister walks if he/she is doing something wrong or foolish and nobody is asking that can he/she go because we dont know who will be next prime minister.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:01 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,263,958 times
Quote:
Says who?
Of course it was justifiable, at least to make an attempt to prevent all this from happening;
( I usually save this kind of material for History forum, but since we are talking history, here it goes)
Says me.

Its not justifiable for a country to bomb the cities of an innocent country because its supposedly afraid of a third country. After all France was afraid of Hitler too but you did not see them invading Belgium and Luxembourg to seize forts and territory.

The fact of the matter is that Stalin invaded the Baltic States, Finland and Romania as part of the land grab of the Nazi-Soviet Pact. He was no different then Hitler or Mussolini. People need to stop making weak excuses for Stalin decisions.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:15 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,028,291 times
"Какая война???? Ты сам то где живешь? Путин развязал войну против всего мира. Я знаю что говорю Я живу в России и я вижу!!!"

I understood this one perfectly and my language is bulgarian by the way not russian, BUT let me try (sorry too lazy to use Cyrillic now):

Putin predlojil im miliardui evro, a oni net i net. Zachem oni nujnui Eu? Eto poddelka demokracia.
Zapad est zlo! i ne tolko Kanye West, a vse "west", vse "zapadnoe" lol.

i am sure my russian can be better though , putin will probably fine me...

Old 12-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
I dont understand this question....Do you think that Putin lives for ever?
Soon or later Russia needs new president, what you gonna do then?
OK, I'll try to explain to you the situation; currently, there is no viable alternative figure\party on Russian political arena whom enough of people would trust and follow, even though quite few Russians are disillusioned with him, ( even in the light of the latest Ukrainian events.) So only part of Putin's constituents are his "die hard" supporters; however many vote for him as they see no one else they can trust. Therefore they consider voting for him as the "lesser evil" comparably to "offered alternatives."

Quote:
In Finland prime minister walks if he/she is doing something wrong or foolish and nobody is asking that can he/she go because we dont know who will be next prime minister.
But Finland has multi-party system, with viable alternatives when it comes to programs and politicians.
Russia doesn't have it ( courtesy of the nineties. )

Last edited by erasure; 12-01-2014 at 06:47 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Says me.
Then you probably need to learn a bit more, before making presumptuous statements.

Quote:
Its not justifiable for a country to bomb the cities of an innocent country because its supposedly afraid of a third country. After all France was afraid of Hitler too but you did not see them invading Belgium and Luxembourg to seize forts and territory.
Have you ever heard about Hitler's racial theories?
The French were never targeted for extermination according to his theories; the RUSSIANS were. This was not the Napoleonic kind of war - this invasion was far more sinister in its nature.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that Stalin invaded the Baltic States, Finland and Romania as part of the land grab of the Nazi-Soviet Pact. He was no different then Hitler or Mussolini. People need to stop making weak excuses for Stalin decisions.
Before you come up with more pompous announcements, why don't you go back to History forum and re-read everything that NJ Goat wrote on a subject; he did an excellent job, since he obviously did a research. Educate yourself please.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:44 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,489,733 times
David Cameron compares Russia to Nazi Germany on eve of Putin meeting - Telegraph

Seems to be an accurate statement

Old 12-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Yawn.

Teacher to 6th-graders: Compare Hitler, George W. Bush

Old 12-01-2014, 08:14 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,263,958 times
Quote:
Then you probably need to learn a bit more, before making presumptuous statements.

Have you ever heard about Hitler's racial theories?
The French were never targeted for extermination according to his theories; the RUSSIANS were. This was not the Napoleonic kind of war - this invasion was far more sinister in its nature.

Before you come up with more pompous announcements, why don't you go back to History forum and re-read everything that NJ Goat wrote on a subject; he did an excellent job, since he obviously did a research. Educate yourself please.
You can make all the excuses you want but France felt just as threatened by the rise of Hitler as the Soviets did. But at least France did not use Hitler as an excuse to invade Belgium or Switzerland in the name of security.

The truth is that France and Britain decided to oppose Hitler while Stalin decided to ally with Hitler to get his share of the loot. No Soviet-era propaganda excuses you are going to come up with this is going to change that.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
You can make all the excuses you want but France felt just as threatened by the rise of Hitler as the Soviets did. But at least France did not use Hitler as an excuse to invade Belgium or Switzerland in the name of security.

The truth is that France and Britain decided to oppose Hitler while Stalin decided to ally with Hitler to get his share of the loot. No Soviet-era propaganda excuses you are going to come up with this is going to change that.
It's not called an "excuse" but reasonable explanation. You don't have any, yet you keep on pushing your agenda, based on obvious lack of knowledge. Not only that, but interestingly enough you present it as "truth is."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe