Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
"Russian imperial right." What do you mean by that?
If desire to subjugate Ukrainians, you're wrong.
If desire to prevent the coming to power of neo-Nazis, to rewrite history, you're right.
A Russian nazi is concerned about neo nazis in Ukraine? It is a strange concern considering striking parallels between modern Russia and Nazi Germany, Stalinism was a fascist ideology too, and Stalin is a newly rediscovered Russian hero.

A well known Russian translator Illya Frank (including translation of Goebbels speeches) leaves Russia because nazism of modern Russia reminds him 1930s Germany too much, he claims that Russian propaganda simply fills up German templates with current content.
http://www.svoboda.mobi/a/27150010.html
Nazism+fascism+Stalinism+cccorruption+mafioso-fsb-bureucracy complex. Does it concern you in the least, or you benefit too much of it to be concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 05:08 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,928 times
More important is how happy belarusian people is under Lukashenko's rule. I think they are quite happy. Lukashenko isn't a dictator, he is like a good and kind father for belarusian people.

Alexander Lukashenko and Gerard Depardieu

Is Belarus a dictatorship?-2015-07-23t132233z_334826401_gf10000167716_rtrmadp_3_belarus-politics.jpg

Жерар Депардье покосил траву с Лукашенко - ЕВÐ*ОПА - RFI

Depardieu said:

- I see that people here are happy and peaceful. I suppose it's nicely enough to live in this country.

(- Я вижу, что люди там счастливы, они спокойны. В этой стране, должно быть, приятно жить.)

Old 07-28-2015, 05:15 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,239,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
A Russian nazi is concerned about neo nazis in Ukraine?
Yes, because the Nazis gained power in Ukraine.

Quote:
It is a strange concern considering striking parallels between modern Russia and Nazi Germany, Stalinism was a fascist ideology too, and Stalin is a newly rediscovered Russian hero.
US builds roads. It is a parallel with Nazi Germany! United States has a strong army, and monitor people. This parallel with Stalinism! US residents are patriots. It is a manifestation of fascism! And United States celebrated the victory in World War II, and acknowledged that Stalin was among the winners of the war! Oh, US is very dangerous...

Old 07-28-2015, 05:33 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,239,218 times
Quote:
it is not the point. The point is that being conquered by the same raiders is not a proof of being similar in any other way.
My English is not very good. I was not able to correctly translate this phrase.

Quote:
Much like Solntsevo racketeer gangs united various businesses under its control back in the days.
Yes, but Ruriks did not stop there. They have created a new state and a new nation.

Quote:
Nation is an18th century concept. 10th century saw various tribes united by paying tribute to the same gangs. It is a long way from there to a nation.
You are wrong. Chronicle (eg, "The Lay of Igor") show that the union of tribes called themselves "Rus" before the Mongol invasion. The process of merging the separate tribes into one common completed by that time. Throughout the state was single language, single religion, single ruling dynasty.

Quote:
How can you restore borders of something without restoring that something? Only Russian imperial mythology allows for that.
This is not a mythology. It is a fact. Russian Empire regained the territory of ancient Rus. Currently, Belarus, and Ukraine came out from Russia, it is the choice of people living there. But to say that is a different country - it is a mistake. This is fragments of a large and old country.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, because the Nazis gained power in Ukraine.
Nazism is not just a demonization label Russian nazi propaganda privatized to destroy Ukraine.
Behind Russia's 'Neo-Nazi' Propaganda Campaign in Ukraine - US News
Nazism has define features, Illya Frank knows a lot about nazism to compare Russia with Nazi Germany. That link in my previous message outlines all the parallels, assuming www.svoboda.org is accessible in Russia.

Divided nation, restoring traditions, national unity, strong leader, extreme xenophobia, revanchism, militarism, homophobia, etc., etc. historic parallels are astounding just like similarities between Putin and Hitler's annexation speeches. You steal Goebbels ideas (a talented man as Putin has put it) shamelessly. Here is another link outlining the similarities.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile...ps/496059.html

AND another
Beck Highlights Alarming Parallels Between Present-Day Russia and Germany Pre-World War II | Video | TheBlaze.com

AND another
What are the parallels between 1930s Germany and present-day Russia? - Quora

Except Russian propaganda and imagination, Ukrainian neo nazis in power dont exist. You are a nazi, comrade, just face it and celebrate it.

Last edited by RememberMee; 07-28-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
US builds roads. It is a parallel with Nazi Germany! United States has a strong army, and monitor people. This parallel with Stalinism! US residents are patriots. It is a manifestation of fascism! And United States celebrated the victory in World War II, and acknowledged that Stalin was among the winners of the war! Oh, US is very dangerous...
That is a cheap reduction to absurd. Fascism has distinct features, I discussed those in full details in my previous messages. Modern Russia, and its stalinist daddy, are bonafide fascist regimes, whatever definition you take. You can call USA anything but fascist, and yet in the convoluted ways USA enabled the bestial crimes of the Soviet regime.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Yes, basically we are a dictatorship! Does it matter? Well yes I think so. But to be honest I don't bother too much about this) just somehow I can live with it. It's not so scary, if you are not an active opposition member))
obviously it always matter far more to people who have absolutely nothing to do with the country than those who actually live in them.

What's the rush? The US became a full democracy only in 1965, only 50 years.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, but Ruriks did not stop there. They have created a new state and a new nation.
Rurik' lineage vanished before the concepts of nation and state grabbed hold on the minds.

Quote:
You are wrong. Chronicle (eg, "The Lay of Igor") show that the union of tribes called themselves "Rus" before the Mongol invasion.
tribes were illiterate busy surving a day. Greek monks writing chronicles on the behalf of the princes feeding them were the original propagandists. Naturally, 200 years of mayhem to control and unite the tribes and rulers refusing to unite required some ideological foundations as revealed in chronicles. And yet, before Golden Horde injected Muscovites with treachery and blood lust, all the attempts at unification failed.

Quote:
The process of merging the separate tribes into one common completed by that time. Throughout the state was single language, single religion, single ruling dynasty.
OUutrageous BS. It took nothing short of the modern state, mass literacy, mass education, mass media, etc., etc. to impose unity like that.

Quote:
This is not a mythology. It is a fact. Russian Empire regained the territory of ancient Rus. Currently, Belarus, and Ukraine came out from Russia, it is the choice of people living there. But to say that is a different country - it is a mistake. This is fragments of a large and old country.
Muscovy, later to be branded Russian Empire, grabbed the lands of the former Kievan Rus and exterminated almost all authentic cultures that developed there to culminate in two crazy Belarus women getting berserk at the sounds of the Belorussian language. There is no way no how, Ukraine is a derivative of Muscovy.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:44 AM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Rurik' lineage vanished before the concepts of nation and state grabbed hold on the minds.
Not that I can go through all your nonsense on a constant bases, but did you edit Wikipedia? All of it? I guess not yet.
Since you missed your opportunity, here it is -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_III_of_Russia

This was the making of Russian state. The dude was Rurikid. He was the one who finished off his son by the way, so as you can see that Russian rulers were not only fratricidal - they've had more in storage )))

Oh, and this is on Rurik dynasty)))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurik_dynasty

( Fix it all, quick, while it's not too late)))

Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times
I wish I hadn't started this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe