Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 11:15 AM

401 posts, read 649,549 times

Advertisements

never gonna happen at this point, it could've happened 200 years ago maybe if Napoleon tried to consolidate what he had at his peak in Europe instead of trying to fight Russia.
The major issue is people don't speak the same language, don't share the same history, culture etc, what would be the capital city ? Official language ? no it won't happen not even in 200 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 11:16 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,346 times
never if I can vote

Old 01-16-2016, 12:36 PM

749 posts, read 855,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Firstly the people (the masses) don't always know what they want until they get it. That in any case is a fact they aren't supposed to know, they are supposed to want peace and prosperity and progress.

In the long run sovereign nations can't co-exist because we are all humans and separating us into fractions is unstable, overall the end goal will be a single united world.

Once again strong national identity is the problem, and if you accuse the EU of not representing all member states fairly then I can only say that is because the EU never went all the way with one representative body working to improve the education and infrastructure of all EU states

History is an illusion that can be overcome.

As for the fact I am American then I will say I have been to Europe on multiple occasions and if I was only interested in Supporting American interests then I would be against a united Europe for that would be a powerful economic bloc making the EU the largest economy in the world that can truly represent it's people when it came to free trade and many other issues. Complaining that people don't want it because they are too stubborn to move on is what the problem is

Would you support a fusion of Canada-USA-Mexico into a super North-American state? Cultural and language differences are minimal to non-existent and that would be an enormous power on many levels.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:42 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Would you support a fusion of Canada-USA-Mexico into a super North-American state? Cultural and language differences are minimal to non-existent and that would be an enormous power on many levels.
yes actually

Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 PM

Europeans need to stop voting/supporting things against there own interests.

No one can explain to me one major problem that can't be foxed with a United Europe and laugh at the concept of peace.

Reaching these goals are easy, ne just has to try

Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
yes actually
So you would be ok with the end of the United States of America?

Old 01-16-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
So you would be ok with the end of the United States of America?
The United states of North America would be great. Individual states like right now (Texas, California, Indiana, Michigan, etc.) would be able to keep their own identity while also being part of a stronger more helpful country with unity between all three of our countries which would help aid border disputes and create greater equality and success all around

Old 01-16-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The United states of North America would be great. Individual states like right now (Texas, California, Indiana, Michigan, etc.) would be able to keep their own identity while also being part of a stronger more helpful country with unity between all three of our countries which would help aid border disputes and create greater equality and success all around
The "United State of North America" sounds more like the USA absorbing Canada and Mexico rather than a fusion, and therefore I can understand why you would support such a project. But I doubt many Canadians and Mexicans (no matter how much Canadian and AMerican English identical is, or if half the Mexican population already lives in US) would agree to see their countries becoming regions of the "USNA".

But then while we're at it why not push that union concept to the extreme and create a global super state (eg The United States of the Planet Earth)? Since there would be no one to fight against there would be no more wars, no trade tariffs, we would be pretty much all in the same boat.
It is interesting to note that liberalism, and communism have ultimately the same goal, to gain monopoly on everything by getting rid of nations.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
The "United State of North America" sounds more like the USA absorbing Canada and Mexico rather than a fusion, and therefore I can understand why you would support such a project. But I doubt many Canadians and Mexicans (no matter how much Canadian and AMerican English identical is, or if half the Mexican population already lives in US) would agree to see their countries becoming regions of the "USNA".

But then while we're at it why not push that union concept to the extreme and create a global super state (eg The United States of the Planet Earth)? Since there would be no one to fight against there would be no more wars, no trade tariffs, we would be pretty much all in the same boat.
It is interesting to note that liberalism, and communism have ultimately the same goal, to gain monopoly on everything by getting rid of nations.
Like I said before, that is the end goal. You can complain about US influence but in that case an EU country would be a good counter balance to that. No creativity, a world government is not only the future but a great one at that. Unity, something Europe needs even if the people are too stubborn to accept it. I trust EU leaders (especially the German ones) to do what is best for the people but not always the most popular choice

Old 01-16-2016, 03:27 PM

Also I would support Russia being a member state being as the vast majority of their population lives in the European continent and all tensions between Russia and Europe are fake being as Russia (no matter what they say) is a European nation. It will also help clean up their corrupt government system to a clean European one and keep extremists like Le pen and Hungary (the country) at bay for they would have no rallying cry as everyone would be working together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe