Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 08:51 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
**** you mean the don't come swimming aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way through?...
And here I was, suspecting the refugees were mermaids... I wanted them to bite my neck so I, too, could become a mermaid.

Yeah don't worry Bigpaul, I read the news too (SHOCKING I KNOW!). Some days ago people from Spain were arrested for helping them out of one of those boats.
I was joking because KuuKulgur is rather absurd.
Nothing absurd here, as Greece is a drive/swim/walk through alley. Funny to think that the NATO and EU border is leaking like a sieve...

And, leave the mermaids out of this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 09:10 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,654,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
why do some many regions in Europe want to break up into smaller parts, do they have too thick heads to think logically
Basques have told me without any hint of embarrassment that they want to separate from Spain primarily because they are wealthier than the country as a whole, as opposed to for cultural/political reasons. Lots of Old Europe thinking still permeates Old Europe.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,654,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
also very stupid. this idea of free movement between member states is what has led to the migrant crisis(I refuse to call them refugees because most of them obviously aren't), until they sort out the crisis you can forget about any "united states of Europe", which incidentally is the very reason we fought a world war to stop one country lording it over another, the same country that is now running Europe.
That's funny!
Remind me again how exactly the British Empire came into existence?
Are there any countries of the current British Commonwealth who were not previously British colonies?

The term "British Commonwealth" is itself revealing of a particular mindset. Lectures by British people on that issue are particularly hypocritical. Britain was still [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]"lording it"[/color] over several countries long after WWII ended. Yemen in the 1980's springs to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom

Old 01-20-2016, 03:52 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
I guess it will happen now that the UK parliament is becoming more pro-EU as Camerons influence fades

Old 01-21-2016, 02:19 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,147 times
The only way Europe can work is a true federation of nations, not otherwise.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times
I think the so called "migrant crisis" will be the straw that breaks the camels back, so to speak.
if they cannot keep the Shengen agreement then the whole EU "project" could collapse.
especially if we get more cases like what happened in Cologne and elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,928 times
It will happen if EU stops to ruin economy of new memebers of EU.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:26 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
Default it's the opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
why do some many regions in Europe want to break up into smaller parts, do they have too thick heads to think logically

I don't see how Europe can "unite" if many european countries break into smaller parts. That means "divide" , not "unite"!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:11 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
OP what ever your theory might happen. But at the time those things will happen we all might rest in peace and many trees grown on our grave yards too. People can propose things but take it to an action take many years. It is possible at the USA civilians vote or will wont count but here in the EU they do. If there is such a proposal they will call a vote from Civilians. What I am not wishing to happen. Well lets see if that will happen in my life time. Cheers OP Try to work it out for us will ya.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:36 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
OP what ever your theory might happen. But at the time those things will happen we all might rest in peace and many trees grown on our grave yards too. People can propose things but take it to an action take many years. It is possible at the USA civilians vote or will wont count but here in the EU they do. If there is such a proposal they will call a vote from Civilians. What I am not wishing to happen. Well lets see if that will happen in my life time. Cheers OP Try to work it out for us will ya.
Well, best of luck making it happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe