Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 01:41 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post

The biggest irony is that you don't live in the EU, not even in Europe (not Norway, Switzerland...) so the likelihood for your country (America) to be part of the EU is zero yet you're the one who is pushing for european politics, somewhat similar to how 80+ years old vote and decide the future for the ones who are 16 and 17...

And since when is this a problem solely about Bulgaria? It apparently shrinked from a "former warsaw pact", to "bulgaria and romania" and now "bulgaria" only. Obviously the EU wants to sacrifice as little as possible, hell it may even be Tseloniki, Greece only. Goes to show what is important to them and what not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 02:51 PM

6,786 posts, read 4,224,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
The biggest irony is that you don't live in the EU, not even in Europe (not Norway, Switzerland...) so the likelihood for your country (America) to be part of the EU is zero yet you're the one who is pushing for european politics, somewhat similar to how 80+ years old vote and decide the future for the ones who are 16 and 17...

I'm a EU citizen and can and have voted in European and national elections, so I can talk about it as much as I want. I'm a resident of the United States, but that doesn't make me American.

Quote:
And since when is this a problem solely about Bulgaria? It apparently shrinked from a "former warsaw pact", to "bulgaria and romania" and now "bulgaria" only. Obviously the EU wants to sacrifice as little as possible, hell it may even be Tseloniki, Greece only. Goes to show what is important to them and what not.

What problem are you talking about? You are Bulgarian, hence I mention Bulgaria when replying to you. If you were Polish I'd mention Poland. You see an attack on Bulgaria everywhere you look..even when no-one has a problem with Bulgaria as a country.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:27 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
Quote:
I'm a EU citizen and can and have voted in European and national elections, so I can talk about it as much as I want. I'm a resident of the United States, but that doesn't make me American.

What problem are you talking about? You are Bulgarian, hence I mention Bulgaria when replying to you. If you were Polish I'd mention Poland. You see an attack on Bulgaria everywhere you look..even when no-one has a problem with Bulgaria as a country.

I think he's russian

Old 06-02-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think he's russian

I think you're British, given how Americans use english...too suspicious if you ask me. Also: last time I checked I was Chinese and Asian according to you...

Old 06-02-2020, 08:21 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
The UK is a special case to some extent because of their history of staying distanced from the continent and very successfully 'doing their own thing'.
The UK has closer relations with the other Anglo countries. In the future, there might be a CANZUK agreement between them.

Quote:
In continental Europe many people are enamored with the idea of European unity for very different reasons. Given that the only parties opposed to further EU integration are left and right populist groups that get very bad press and are seen as 'problematic', I don't see how the process could be stopped per se. See, I know the former Warsaw Pact states don't really want to be part of a European superstate, but at the same time they do also want to be more Westernized in economic terms. That's what keeps them in the EU and makes it unlikely they leave in the near future.
They be enamored with the idea of the EU as a powerful economic bloc and are supportive of policies like Schengen, but ask them if they'd be willing to give up their language and culture and you'll be getting a different answer. At the end of the day, while European countries do share a lot of similar traits, they've also shed a ton of blood throughout history to truly want to unify such manner. There's already a perception in many of the smaller nations, that the EU is dominated by France and Germany, which would be correct as those are the economic powerhouses of the region, especially now that the UK is out of the picture.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:30 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I think you're British, given how Americans use english...too suspicious if you ask me. Also: last time I checked I was Chinese and Asian according to you...

I refuse to live under a monarchy but I do want a London condo as investment.

You could be russian or chinese. same thing.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The UK has closer relations with the other Anglo countries. In the future, there might be a CANZUK agreement between them.

This is true but I'm also curious what sort of excuse is Veritas Vincit going to use if one of the eastern european countries leave the EU: because for now the eucrats love to say how the UK isn't europe...because islands...and how the EU is good for the poor countries (Croatia, Poland, Bulgaria...) because "they saved them from drowning" or what not.

I guess if say Croatia or Czechia leave the new narrative will be: "the EU doesn't work for the continent or the rich and proor countries: it only works for Portugal because they can dance!".

Obviously the eu will try to never allow another country to leave as this cements the end of it (Italy should be careful now).

Old 06-03-2020, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

You could be russian or chinese.

Aren't we all.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:30 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Honestly Russia is just European with some Asiatic colonies.

Imagine a super-state stretching from Portugal to Siberia.

The power, the money, the wealth, it would all be for the taking. Embrace your future Europeans, your leaders are moving forward with this plan.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:04 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who would run it?......

OP would probably volunteer. He'd be a good choice since he is the one who knows what is best for everyone and is willing to impose it upon them whether they want it or not.

Last edited by elnina; 12-15-2020 at 06:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe