Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 08:54 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times

Advertisements

"Kill two birds with one stone", thought the islamist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 08:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
You could always start more threads about hair color of Europeans and skin tone. You can never have too many threads about hair color.
Please answer my questions instead of being evasive.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-16-2016 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 01-16-2016, 09:34 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
I'll tell you a story instead. Do you know why there's no cobble-stone streets in Paris? Because protesters carved them up and threw them aginst police during the 1968 riots. After that all streets were paved.

Stones and stone-blocks used as pavement were frequently used also during Euromaidan for example.

Muslims didn't "bring" stoning to Europe. This was one isolated incident where stones were used as weapons. Unlike the Jerusalem Post article, it was not an 'execution' attempt, or sanctioned by any Islamic community. The persons using stones were 16 and 17 year old boys, all three caught having a long history of violent crime despite their young age. Sexual minorities can walk perfectly safe on the German streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The Jerusalem Post

The downward spiral continues. If they feel justified to openly do this in Germany, what are they going to do during gay pride or sex related festivals/events?
Nothing. They are common criminals with whom the police will deal with. Sexual minorities in Western Europe are safe. Unlike in Russia for example.

The sole reason for opening this thread is fearmongering by US conservatives. They have a clear agenda to dehumanise especially Muslims, and ultimately using it for domestic reasons. You aren't worried about Europe. You're worried about Mexicans. The train of thought goes: "look what happens with Europe according to this and this site. It will happen here if we let in too many Mexicans".

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-16-2016 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 01-16-2016, 09:43 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times
It reads like a 'story' too. Are you telling us that all Paris cobblestones have gone or been thrown out? For I'm sure that I drove over some several times, about eighteen months ago

Last edited by OldChina; 01-16-2016 at 10:01 AM..

Old 01-16-2016, 09:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Here's another stoning incident in Germany, from October.

Four-year-old boy beaten by migrant after 'kicking his football' | World | News | Daily Express

Boy the mainstream media loves to cover these stories up.
Are you serious????

When I was growing up in suburban Connecticut, I distinctively remember if some kids got angry, they threw rocks at others (these were your basic white suburban kids). One little thing--nobody was ridiculous enough to call it stoning!

However, if you read the history of strictly religious christian sects, such as those in Salem--there were stonings as a punishment. There are many who claim it is condoned in the bible.

This should be filed under 'give me a break!'

Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Are you serious????

When I was growing up in suburban Connecticut, I distinctively remember if some kids got angry, they threw rocks at others (these were your basic white suburban kids). One little thing--nobody was ridiculous enough to call it stoning!

However, if you read the history of strictly religious christian sects, such as those in Salem--there were stonings as a punishment. There are many who claim it is condoned in the bible.

This should be filed under 'give me a break!'
Some people have critical thinking skills and have evolved beyond the literal interpretation of some book.

Others (and their victims) aren't so fortunate.

Your analogy misses the mark. School children behaving badly is not in the same category of people from a culture who were taught that throwing stones at people is acceptable behavior or suitable punishment.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:13 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times
I think that in America, the throwing of rocks generates little more kinetic energy than flicking pebbles.
But stoning, which the Bible &c does encourage, may be as potent as the work of a cricket fast-bowler or discus thrower

Old 01-16-2016, 10:15 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Some people have critical thinking skills and have evolved beyond the literal interpretation of some book.

Others (and their victims) aren't so fortunate.

Your analogy misses the mark. School children behaving badly is not in the same category of people from a culture who were taught that throwing stones at people is acceptable behavior or suitable punishment.
Your condescending comment notwithstanding, a kid throwing a rock is not termed "stoning."

Anyone that thinks so certainly lacks those "critical thinking skills" you speak of.

Analogy? what analogy? Stoning by christian sects is an historical fact.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:18 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your condescending comment notwithstanding, a kid throwing a rock is not termed "stoning."

Anyone that thinks so certainly lacks those "critical thinking skills" you speak of.

Analogy? what analogy? Stoning by christian sects is an historical fact.
How far do you want to go back in history to draw comparisons with what's taking place today?

again, some people have evolved beyond Conan the barbarian era, and some have not. There is nothing condescending about it.

why do you defend these people? do they really seem like victims to you? like some sort of underdog?

Old 01-16-2016, 11:16 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times
I have read that it were only small stones that were thrown at the transvestites and that one of the two transvestites was Arab themself (I suppose so since it was able to speak Arab). Interestings times we are living in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I agree. Can't we have any other topics on the Europe forum than regarding refugees?
I think this is not your decision, the refugee crisis is the predominant topic in German media, the people are in turmoil, if Germany f***s up this has consequences for all Europe, so why not discuss it?

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Bashing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe