Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times

Advertisements

You flatter me, nograviti, in musing that I may be a surgeon. But, as the girls will tell you, I don't have the pulling power of onesuch, though (at the age of nearly sixtynine), I do okay, you know. Alas, though eminently unemployable, I'm of financial rather than dental extraction. Mind you, I'm trying to find work as a poët

Last edited by OldChina; 01-17-2016 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 09:26 AM

106 posts, read 75,901 times
The migrants flooding Europe are nearly all muslim young men, and, further, many, if not most, live with an ideology that inculcates violence, hatred and the demeaning of the human spirit. Vast numbers of these migrants BELIEVE they have an obligation to cut down Everyone Else. They possess a primitive tribal set of principles that will not be set aside after a few weeks of European orientation. They raise their children to harbor inner hatred and a seething goal of religious/cult dominance...not integration or assimilation. There are some among them who secretly want to escape this oppressive world but will suffer at the hands of the majority's brutal ways. How do you weed out the good with the bad?

I BELIEVE people have the right to a safe and fair-minded society, and if that means keeping masses of scheming, violent, zealots away from civilized people then so be it.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:28 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Probably a bad joke but imagine: "Muslims get stoned with lsd" in Germany...

Old 01-17-2016, 09:41 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'll tell you a story instead. Do you know why there's no cobble-stone streets in Paris? Because protesters carved them up and threw them aginst police during the 1968 riots. After that all streets were paved.

Stones and stone-blocks used as pavement were frequently used also during Euromaidan for example.

Muslims didn't "bring" stoning to Europe. This was one isolated incident where stones were used as weapons. Unlike the Jerusalem Post article, it was not an 'execution' attempt, or sanctioned by any Islamic community. The persons using stones were 16 and 17 year old boys, all three caught having a long history of violent crime despite their young age. Sexual minorities can walk perfectly safe on the German streets.

Nothing. They are common criminals with whom the police will deal with. Sexual minorities in Western Europe are safe. Unlike in Russia for example.

The sole reason for opening this thread is fearmongering by US conservatives. They have a clear agenda to dehumanise especially Muslims, and ultimately using it for domestic reasons. You aren't worried about Europe. You're worried about Mexicans. The train of thought goes: "look what happens with Europe according to this and this site. It will happen here if we let in too many Mexicans".
Exactly, Ariete!

Old 01-17-2016, 09:58 AM

13,487 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChina View Post
The Daily Mail is about the best source of news that I know of. It's accessible, accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date and free-of-charge. And though I'll use it every day, I am wary of it too. I know more than a little of some things that it's reluctant to discuss. And that was confirmed when I had a chat with one of its staff-members. She admitted openly that they have (daily?) meetings at which it is decided on whether to portray a certain party in a good light or unfavourably &c. Even so, it's better for me than the politically-correct, too-clever-for-its-good BBC. And the Daily Mail is so popular in the U S A and so-much the preferred source of news for a large and increasing number of Americans that one certainly can't dismiss it just as a tabloid
The Daily Mail, accurate & comprehensive?!? Thanks for giving me the best laugh I have had in a while

This rag is renowned for being full of inaccurate, gossipy, sensationalist, over the top, exaggerated, alarmist, biased, agenda driven, scaremongering rubbish! Most people in the UK wouldn't even use it to line the bottom of their Budgies cage lol

But yes you keep on using it for a source of "accurate & unbiased" news

Old 01-17-2016, 10:01 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times
I don't see many of us relying on a Maltese newspaper, of even those printed in English

Old 01-17-2016, 10:04 AM

13,487 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Quote:
I don't see many of us relying on Maltese newspapers, even those printed in English
What does that have to do with anything??

Old 01-17-2016, 10:05 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Quote:
I don't see many of us relying on Maltese newspapers, even those printed in English
Someone (not me :-) should make a thread about the lesser known Europe: Malta, Greenland, Gibraltar.
Most of us know nothing of these countries other than the fact that Malta and Gibraltar speak English.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,981 times
Quote:
People like, who play the race card wherever possible, never tire to equate muslims=race, which is utter BS of course, as muslims come in all colours.
So do black people! Your argument is utter BS. It is not 'the race card', it is what it is.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:20 AM

106 posts, read 75,901 times
This story has not earned it's due coverage by Swedish Press:

A school murder in Sweden, where a Lithuanian pupil was allegedly stabbed by a Syrian migrant classmate, is stoking racial tensions. Families of the victim and the alleged killer are trading accusations, but police are staying silent.
The killing took place on the first day of the new semester, January 11, at the Göinge School in Broby, Skåne County.

A 15-year-old Lithuanian-born boy, Arminas Pileckas, was murdered in the school by a 14-year-old classmate, reportedly from a family of Syrian refugees. Arminas was killed with a single stab into heart inflicted from behind with a kitchen knife, his family says.

The boys had an argument either in November or December that was videoed by classmates, but the tragic climax of the story took place January 11.

Sweden’s Aftonbladet newspaper interviewed the father of the alleged killer, who said that his son had been bullied by the victim “for a long time.”

“The school did nothing to help him and establish his honor. Instead, my son had to meet this 15-year-old every day. It made him very upset,” he told Aftonbladet.

Sweden’s Arab language Al Kompis media outlet, identified the father as Mustafa al Haj.

The father of the dead boy told Lithuanian media that Swedish media never contacted him. On the contrary, Aftonbladet maintains it tried to reach Arminas’ relatives, but they declined to participate.

The parents of Arminas are from Lithuania and were working and living in Sweden temporarily.

Arminas’ father gave interview to Lithuanian newspaper lrytas, revealing his vision of the tragic event.

He claimed the conflict between the boys occurred because the Syrian teenager was sexually harassing a girl from their class and Arminas came to the defense of the classmate, which ended up in a short scuffle that made the Syrian teenager flee the scene.

According to Arminas’s father, the disgrace of being rebuffed made the Syrian boy swear revenge on Arminas, an intention he declared publicly.

“He even told this to the school officials (after the initial conflict took place),” Pileckas senior said.

The man also denied a possibility of bullying, since anything that happens in school is immediately reported to school authorities and the parents.

“The school can never hide anything. Even if the pupils are late getting to class, the parents are informed. If Arminas had been bullying anybody, we, the teachers, and the police would have known about it,” the father said.

In an interview to Lithuania’s Delfi media outlet, Arminas’ father said the situation with refugees in Sweden was “getting out of control,” mentioning an attempted rape of a Lithuanian women by refugees. The men were not jailed but ordered to wear tracking bracelets.

“The Swedes are afraid to talk about what’s going on. We Lithuanians do things differently, and we talk about everything in public. But here in Sweden, everything is being kept hidden and concealed,” the father said, stressing that even the parents of the girl who Arminas helped to defend do not dare to talk to Pileckas family.

“He was a real joy spreader. Very nice and kind. He was a big point in the classroom. If the whole class was down, he was a person who could always get the class to laugh,” a 15-year-old girl who went to the same class as Arminas told FriaTider.

A police spokesman said an investigation is under way to determine exactly what led to the murder at the school.

Arminas Pileckas wrote in his own words about the conflict and left the explanatory report to the school management, Kvällspostens reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe