Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 01:31 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Then why did the Swedish police lie about the sexual assaults for years? What was their motivation?
It was not please the EU. I believe the Swedish police did not want to be portrayed as racists. The media and the political climate in Sweden are very PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 01:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChina View Post
The Daily Mail is about the best source of news that I know of. It's accessible, accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date and free-of-charge.
Only Old China would say this. And btw, you get what you pay for. It's like with Pravda, back in the day; it's free, but it's only good for toilet paper.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:47 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
It was not please the EU. I believe the Swedish police did not want to be portrayed as racists. The media and the political climate in Sweden are very PC.
The Swedish politicians didn't want to give SD a tool for increasing their support. They (interior ministry?) said to the police not to publish the report, and the police had to comply. When it was revealed, it was widely reported.
On the other side of the Baltic the news reported immediately 'Our Cologne' after they got the tip:
http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2016/0...-i-helsingfors
http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2016/0...-i-helsingfors

Quote:
No. Why would pro-open borders publications like the BBC post a lurid story about migrants stoning people? Even the Germany mass-sexual assaults were not accurately reported until two weeks afterwards. The Swedish mass-rapes were not reported for many years.
Are these examples also a part of the "PC open borders agenda"?

Cologne attacks: Migrant men banned from German swimming pool - BBC News
Migrant crisis: 'Welcome cooling' at borders across Europe - BBC News
How widespread were New Year's Eve assaults? - BBC News
Migrant crisis: Bridge over Europe's troubled waters - BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35298979

The rest of your post isn't even worth quoting. Do you at all follow European news sources or do you only read Guns, Ammo and Bibles Weekly? I remember you quoting something from a site in that fashion. You also know German, so that + English gives you a good platform for getting to know what really the media talks about in Europe.

Last edited by Ariete; 01-16-2016 at 02:07 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The rest of your post isn't even worth quoting. Do you at all follow European news sources or do you only read Guns, Ammo and Bibles Weekly?
LOL! Hey, I have a good idea for a new thread topic. How about:

Switzerland: Is it North or South Europe? Is it Central- or West European? Does it belong to the Germanic or the Latin world?

Now there's a challenge that should keep us all busy for awhile.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:34 PM

786 posts, read 811,685 times
^^^^ You know I'm Out4Truth, forsooth
And that, without uncouthness, Ruth—

Last edited by OldChina; 01-16-2016 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 02:42 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
The rest of your post isn't even worth quoting. Do you at all follow European news sources or do you only read Guns, Ammo and Bibles Weekly?
And this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Classic response.

If you are opposed to open borders, and German/Swedish women getting raped, then obviously you are only reading "Guns and Bibles weekly".

Obviously only intolerant fascists want lawful immigration rules, rule of law, and public safety. We must all be "progressive" and "civilized" and bow down to Shariah law! Germans must purposefully destroy their country to relieve themselves of WW2 guilt!

Old 01-16-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
And this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Classic response.

If you are opposed to open borders, and German/Swedish women getting raped, then obviously you are only reading "Guns and Bibles weekly".
Ya gotta admit, it was pretty funny. lol Hyuk, hyuk.

No?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101;
Obviously only intolerant fascists want lawful immigration rules, rule of law, and public safety. We must all be "progressive" and "civilized" and bow down to Shariah law! Germans must purposefully destroy their country to relieve themselves of WW2 guilt!
As we've examined and discussed on one of the other threads, "It's complicated", as far as the immigration control part of it, and deportations for people who turn out to be only economic refugees. And apparently, according to the Geneva Convention, you're not supposed to deport people back to their country of origin, if that place is under siege. Those who don't come from places that are under siege could theoretically be deported, IF they had valid papers, which many don't.

As to the rule of law, AFAIK, they're still investigating the New Year's crimes, and are tracking down perps. I don't know what's happened to the 5 they caught that night.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-16-2016 at 03:11 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChina View Post
^^^^ You know I'm Out4Truth, forsooth
And that, without uncouthness, Ruth—
Any excuse to make a joke at the expense of the USSR. Sorry old bean, I couldn't help it. You're quite good with the rhymed wordsmithing, though. I'm impressed.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:40 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Yes, I am. Because SOMEONE should've seemed the incident newsworthy, as apparently it happened almost a week ago.

The police statement said the women were hit by stones: POL-DO: Dortmund, Steinstraße / Leopoldstraße Übergriffe in der nördlichen Innenstadt Dortmunds | Pressemitteilung Polizei Dortmund

It says nothing about an "execution".

Username: Face of a dying Nation
"Julkaistu 15.1.2016
Dortmund, Germany: Last Sunday three North African Migrants attempted an execution by stoning after finding out that the two women they sexually harassed were actually men. Their honor was hurt, they grabbed nearby stones and attempted to execute them. They testified that "people like them" need to be stoned to death in accordance to Islamic law.

Both are traumatized, installed security cameras and didn't leave the house since the incident happened. One woman called the act "the icing on the cake" - because apparently in 2016 Germany you risk getting stoned on the street for not complying with Islamic law.

This is the reality of the liberal wonderland of "diversity" and "tolerance".

Germany has been letting in millions of Muslim fighting age men, dubbed "refugees" over the past years. Not only is this destroying native culture, but as German men aged 20-35 will be a minority within 5 years according to the Federal Statistical Office, the upcoming multicultural utopia won't be compatible with women's rights, transgender acceptance and gay marriage. There simply will not be enough Germans left to defend Western values and liberals are the first to pay that price."

You don't think a person with such an username and that text has an agenda? Because nothing in that text is true, except for the installed security camera.

This is not an stoning incident. It is a boy hit by one stone.

So, this just a redundant tread with one purpouse - fearmongering and xenophobia. In other words: jerk-off material for US conservatives.

So I'll report this thread.
That's because the police arrived to stop the stoning before it could escalate to murder as the teens said they felt justified in doing.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:59 PM

786 posts, read 811,685 times
^^ Thank you for the compliment. I began writing verse less than a month before my sixtieth birthday, following the death of my first wife. And I like to be encouraged that I've made some progress since

Isn't there a whole lotta quoting going on. I can't recall ever having done it. But Agarisha shall do it so fast and frequently that she'll complain about the original comment being emended after she's copied it: and that can take some time. Well – she oughtn't copy or quote so much. And regardless of when it's done or who does it, I've noticed that the whole piece, including any italics gets transcribed in dextral text, which, in most fonts, is the same as italic – and, therefore confusing. How much better it would be if, in that process, the plain upright text, which would form the body of the quote, were transcribed as sinistral (ie, left-leaning) text, no?

Last edited by OldChina; 01-16-2016 at 04:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe