Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I have read that it were only small stones that were thrown at the transvestites and that one of the two transvestites was Arab themself (I suppose so since it was able to speak Arab). Interestings times we are living in.
Well, considering that the biggest danger to an Arab in most of the world comes from other Arabs, this doesn't surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 07:17 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times
Transvestite is a silly word
I think that it's absurd

It gets me thinking about vests. My late dear mother would regularly order me to don one – even in muggy weather. (For the sake of good health, you know)
Then there was Angela Рmy remarkably well-built fifteen-year-old schoolchum. She was said to be so modest that she wore her brass̬ire over a woolly vest

Last edited by OldChina; 01-17-2016 at 07:26 AM..

Old 01-17-2016, 07:17 AM

861 posts, read 852,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just to clarify - the events in Salem happened nearly 400 years ago. Western society has evolved significantly since then. Islamic societies - not so much in many cases.

Yes George W Bush launches a 'crusade' his own words btw. With predator drones instead of stones...

Old 01-17-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Yes George W Bush launches a 'crusade' his own words btw. With predator drones instead of stones...
And Muslims worldwide have been establishing "caliphates" - or trying to - since the 700s.

I hate to break it to you, but there IS a worldwide religious war going on, whether some Westerners want to accept that or not.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:29 AM

786 posts, read 811,870 times
Who or what is nograviti?
(No, this isn't levity)

How can one be in three places (or 'locations' as some would put it) – "Location: London, NYC & LA" – at once?
Does he inhabit the quantum world or this one?

Old 01-17-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And Muslims worldwide have been establishing "caliphates" - or trying to - since the 700s.

I hate to break it to you, but there IS a worldwide religious war going on, whether some Westerners want to accept that or not.
Hmm, I hate to break to you, the West actually created Christian Caliphates of their own that ended less than 50 years ago. Try googling the 'British Empire' for example. My Nigerian ancestors for example were subjugated in the name of Christendom, civilization (whatever that means) and her majesty the Queen.

Also were it not for Western meddling IS would never have arisen. They arose from the power vacuum created by the removal of Saddam and the distrastrous decision to disband the Iraqi army.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Whatever helps you feel better, Ariete.
They don't allow freedom of speech in Europe, they can report speech they don't like and it's criminal so they hate that Americans exercise free speech on an American website...when it reports news that they don't like.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I hate to break to you, the West actually created Christian Caliphates of their own that ended less than 50 years ago. Try googling the 'British Empire' for example. My Nigerian ancestors for example were subjugated in the name of Christendom, civilization (whatever that means) and her majesty the Queen.

Also were it not for Western meddling IS would never have arisen. They arose from the power vacuum created by the removal of Saddam and the distrastrous decision to disband the Iraqi army.
You act as if ISIS is the first Islamic attempt at a Caliphate. Do you know anything about the history of Islam? Honestly.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:06 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
I just feel sad that Muslims have now become the modern Bogeyman. The thing is when I as a black male argued that Racism was ever present in countries like Germany and in Scandinavia I was shouted down as an individual looking for problems.

Sorry but the sheer number of race bait threads against Arabs/migrants is shocking. To make my point clearer, I remember chillin with some German girls back in my student days, a conversation started about Turkish people. It was quite negative and mid flow a German girl declared she hated Turkish people. When I asked her why, she said it was because she had been raped by one. Everyone nodded in agreement as if that was ok. I stared her straight in the eyes and told her she was an idiot and a racist bigot. Everyone was startled, I explained when I was kid in the late 80s I was jumped by racist kids from East London and they beat the **** out of me. I have scars on my face till this day. Does that mean I hate white people? Nope I hate racist dicks thats all. So yeah the guy who raped you was Turkish so what, he is rapist arsewhole and his ethnic group has bugger all to do with it. The seed of hatred was already there, with the attack you then felt it gave you justification to demonise a whole group of people? There was a stunned silence, then a good number of the group nodded in agreement and acknowledged my point.

Yes some migrants are misbehaving, but but even a 1000 is a small number out of a bloody million. If you want to blame anyone have a go at your politicians who brought them in with out any plans on helping them to assimilate! Fact is all of these race bait threads say more about the opinions of the poster than the people being described..
Do you really think that the (current) attitude towards Muslims is because they have on average a darker skin, hair and eye complexion? To answer this question, yes, some do but the overwhelming majority don't dislike them because of how they look but how they behave, their way of thinking and their culture. People like, who play the race card wherever possible, never tire to equate muslims=race, which is utter BS of course, as muslims come in all colours.

You think the number 1000 will be set in stone? Ignoring the fact that muslims didn't start to pour into Europe in 2015 but many decades earlier. What happened in Köln is just the tip of the iceberg, as stuff like this happened in other cities too and will keep happen in the future. What should the number of perpetrators be to not just chuck it aside as a single, rare occurrence, merely a misunderstanding?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Do you really think that the (current) attitude towards Muslims is because they have on average a darker skin, hair and eye complexion? To answer this question, yes, some do but the overwhelming majority don't dislike them because of how they look but how they behave, their way of thinking and their culture. People like, who play the race card wherever possible, never tire to equate muslims=race, which is utter BS of course, as muslims come in all colours.

You think the number 1000 will be set in stone? Ignoring the fact that muslims didn't start to pour into Europe in 2015 but many decades earlier. What happened in Köln is just the tip of the iceberg, as stuff like this happened in other cities too and will keep happen in the future. What should the number of perpetrators be to not just chuck it aside as a single, rare occurrence, merely a misunderstanding?
Yes yes, tip of the iceberg etc.. The funny thing is people said the same thing in Britain about the Hugenots, the Jews, the Chinese, the Indians and heck even the Nigerians. But all groups eventually assimilated well.. The same arguments were thrown at the Italians, Irish, slavs and jews when they arrived in America...

Some men were rapists well before the arrival the migrants. At the end of the day the politicians had no plans to help them integrate upon arrival nor explain what was expected of them in say Germany. So who is at fault here?? Plus Merkel and co invited them..

Race and Religion do intersect here, please dont try to pretend otherwise. The coded language used to describe so called darker skinned folk from the levant is not far removed from the language used to describe people of my ethnicity in the past. I will not stand idly by because I am not in the firing line this time.

They are here now, that cannot be changed. Western Meddling also is responsible for them being here as well. The issue is how do we reduce the rise of possible extremism in their ranks?? My answer is still the same, integrate them and ensure that they have good life chances in society. At the same time deal with law breakers of any hue and creed firmly/quickly. If you dont, then recent events in France with home grown jihadis will give you an answer of what may happen..

Re China (TheDentist is that you??) It may surprise you but some families live across a number of different nations and cities. Mindblowing as that may seem..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe