Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM

252 posts, read 459,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
The last 2 are just fine!
I think you mean to say yummy right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I was kind of thinking that, myself. It's one thing to be athletic, and if we're talking about relationships, I think men who play tennis or rugby or run or row crew can be attractive. Bodybuilding seems to just be about vanity. What it takes to make bodybuilders competitive doesn't seem to overlap much with actual health and fitness. The steroids, the restrictive diets with the weird supplements, and the fact that being that bulky doesn't actually make one fit. Some of those guys would probably get winded running up stairs, but hey, they can lift a lot of heavy stuff in a gym for no reason.
I'd say you are fairly correct on most of the assertions, with the exception of 'getting winded running up stairs'. To be able to get that big, one has to work out extremely hard in the gym.. and that requires an extremely large work capacity. Those guys have more work capacity than most average gym goers.

If we're talking about worlds strongest man, those guys could probably out run and out lift x10,(endurance, distance) most people on this forum... Below, if people think that's "all muscle"... they are significantly misinformed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvZIk0PB-TA&feature=plcp

Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
I admire the discipline that bodybuilders and athletes have.

Thank you to whoever posted the pictures. Picture #5 really brightened my day

Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,232,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Agreed, the first 4 pictures are too much....but seriously, isn't that size/definition primarily for competition? The bb I know do not live in that state.

The last 2 are just fine!
IDK about bodybuilding specifically. But way back in college I thought my calc professor was "chunky" or perhaps "stocky". Of course I always saw him in business attire with a tie.

Then a few years later I'm working out in the gym and he came in for his workout. I had to revise my opinion. No he wasn't ripped. He wasn't a bodybuilder. But there was hardly any fat on his frame. He was just bigger and stronger than any of us students had thought. Of course we weren't athletes either.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
I think you mean to say yummy right
You can interpret "fine" however you like...it could mean a lot of different things.

How about VERY FINE ??

Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Steroids and more Steroids...if you cant do it without drugs then its not much of a sport is it? It also says something about the persons character/integrity.

Not really, depends on genetics and person, obviously someone would hardly reach the sheer of mass and definition of guys like coleman, ruhl or cutler without roids, hgh, etc, Yet if you are naturally wide framed (from nature) work out smartly (with proper heavy weights), eat like a beast and sleep like a bear, you can gain more muscle than you think, specially if you add to your diet (the most important thing overall) some whey protein shakes post-workout and perhaps some amount of creatine (you can choose if you want it or not). You can "turn off" girls easily if you work out seriously, eat a lot, sleep well and take whey supplements. I'm already in the limit because I'm very wide myself, I've a lot of mass, but I lack a bit of definition.

If you have the genetics I do believe you can get as big as derek poundstone just but diet/training/sleeping and some whey post workout.

The insane ration of definition vs muscle mass is what calls out when someone is natural or not. Also when people have some muscle parts completly off, like way too big chest size or biceps in comparison to other muscle developments.

For example although that guy is smaller in overall muscle size, the extreme definition and unbalanced size of cheast vs other muscle body parts give away he is on some kind of gear...

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:57 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 11:29 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
guy #2 almost looks like a photoshopped picture. His head doesn't seem to match his body. And his body looks unnatural & asymmetrical....just weird...abnormal... Maybe its his position, not directly facing the camera.. Oh well, weird.
I'd take the bulkier guy over weird guy #2.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:44 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Can this possibly be real? Even half this size is gross. Would you want your man to look like this?
Good grief, it is a morphed photo!

As for real bodybuilding....you don't like 'em, pass 'em by.

But it ain't none of your business (or mine) if someone does it. Americans so need to have their beaks into everybody else's business.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:49 AM

31 posts, read 65,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Not really, depends on genetics and person, obviously someone would hardly reach the sheer of mass and definition of guys like coleman, ruhl or cutler without roids, hgh, etc, Yet if you are naturally wide framed (from nature) work out smartly (with proper heavy weights), eat like a beast and sleep like a bear, you can gain more muscle than you think, specially if you add to your diet (the most important thing overall) some whey protein shakes post-workout and perhaps some amount of creatine (you can choose if you want it or not). You can "turn off" girls easily if you work out seriously, eat a lot, sleep well and take whey supplements. I'm already in the limit because I'm very wide myself, I've a lot of mass, but I lack a bit of definition.

If you have the genetics I do believe you can get as big as derek poundstone just but diet/training/sleeping and some whey post workout.

The insane ration of definition vs muscle mass is what calls out when someone is natural or not. Also when people have some muscle parts completly off, like way too big chest size or biceps in comparison to other muscle developments.

For example although that guy is smaller in overall muscle size, the extreme definition and unbalanced size of cheast vs other muscle body parts give away he is on some kind of gear...
Yes--you can put on lean mass with diet, heavy lifting, rest...but to actually be competetive in bodybuilding you need juice. Its a known fact--guy #1 would get crushed on stage--he looks more like a lean powerlifter, and still maybe on mild steroids. Guy 2--probably extra help. I powerlifted in the 242 lb weight class, and was surrounded by both bodybuilders and powerlifters who couldnt do it without gear. It actually becomes easy to spot---the human body will not carry around 240+ lbs ripped naturally, particularly with heavy lifting--you will hold more fat.

I trained my arse off in Powerlifting with a solid diet and never saw my abs--it wasnt until I transitioned to low carb diet, got under 200lbs and went the crossfit/circuit/cardio route that I got the 8 pack.

There are no scruples in bodybuilding--its whoever has the best drug combo wins--just my honest take on it.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
pardon my ignorance but could you define "juice" and "gear".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness