Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 04:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Cardio day, and I was less than... energetic.

10 mins on stairs, 20 mins elliptical, 5 mins treadmill at 15% incline, 5 mins on the arm rowing thingy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 04:53 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,743 times
90mins on the bike. Waaay too hot for this time of year. Hard ride, legs feeling it now.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:26 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
First day at new gym and the latest model life fitness elliptical resulted in a fail. Small range of motion due to a bar that bangs your knees every time. Then my knee locked up and that was painful and made me stop and start. You cannot change the resistance either. The treadmill however was great, very fluid I could run forever. It is true though pay more you get more. An entire two rows of treadmills, various elliptical, eight stair climbers, and eight step mill type climbers!!! So many cardio options plus a lap pool. It’s an adjustment but I think this gym is far superior.

So did my forty minutes running and climbing before doing some strength. Followed it up with a more leisurely walk with my older neighbor friend. It was enjoyable and she likes the company. That was three miles. Pretty sore now

Old 04-15-2018, 04:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
First day at new gym and the latest model life fitness elliptical resulted in a fail. Small range of motion due to a bar that bangs your knees every time. Then my knee locked up and that was painful and made me stop and start. You cannot change the resistance either. The treadmill however was great, very fluid I could run forever. It is true though pay more you get more. An entire two rows of treadmills, various elliptical, eight stair climbers, and eight step mill type climbers!!! So many cardio options plus a lap pool. It’s an adjustment but I think this gym is far superior.

So did my forty minutes running and climbing before doing some strength. Followed it up with a more leisurely walk with my older neighbor friend. It was enjoyable and she likes the company. That was three miles. Pretty sore now
Get in that pool a couple of times a week - it's very good exercise and they say it's easy on the joints as we get older. I tried it for a yr or so but found it boring and I couldn't ever build up my stamina in the pool (even though I can run a pretty long distance without problems).....it's a tougher activity for me. Some day I'll get back into it. My pools have strict hours for lap swimmers - they cater to the non-lap people who just soak.

I do plan on returning some day to the pool.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:46 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Get in that pool a couple of times a week - it's very good exercise and they say it's easy on the joints as we get older. I tried it for a yr or so but found it boring and I couldn't ever build up my stamina in the pool (even though I can run a pretty long distance without problems).....it's a tougher activity for me. Some day I'll get back into it. My pools have strict hours for lap swimmers - they cater to the non-lap people who just soak.

I do plan on returning some day to the pool.

We are going to add one day of pool laps once the weather is warmer in the mornings, I am a weak swimmer but I think the variety is good and great for people with arthritis.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-15-2018, 10:51 AM

7 mile run @ 8:24 pace. These paces will stop soon as FL is about to get hot and humid and that slow the pace significantly. Good yoga session afterwards.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We are going to add one day of pool laps once the weather is warmer in the mornings, I am a weak swimmer but I think the variety is good and great for people with arthritis.
Yes. Cross training is key to keeping things interesting for me. I'll be doing a lot of mtb and road biking this summer as well......

Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,825 times
After a week off from working out, I returned to the gym yesterday, so:

25-minute cardio workout followed by legs and chest
Today (Monday): Seated military shoulder press.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:11 AM

2,740 posts, read 1,336,970 times
I am taking a few days off. My legs feel heavy while running. I need to do some cross-training, but haven't figured out what/when yet.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
Crap I think I trained too much last week. Have delayed muscle soreness and I'm walking funny. Damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness