Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Yes I spend money on clothes because I can't go to work or school naked! I'm not sure how that correlates to =plastic surgery.
I didn't say 'clothes'. I said 'certain clothes'. Do you just buy the cheapest clothes you can or do you consider other factors, such as how you look in the clothes?

Quote:
I get my hair cut once or twice a year at the hair salon...guilty.

Yes, i buy clothes that are cut for my body but I won't tarnish my body with permanent work done so I can be more like the current male ideal.
You realize that cutting your hair permanently alters your body, right? And you realize that this alteration more than likely puts you closer to the male ideal, right?

Unless never cut hair is the male ideal, which I doubt.

Quote:
This is all diffrent than getting implants because we are not having a surgery to stick unesccesary prosthetic breasts in our bodies.
I don't think that it is that different. People choose to adorn and modify their bodies in many different ways.

Quote:
Again, to each their own but I'd say most women agree it's a red flag for low-self esteem or a cheap way to try to catch men.
A lot of people agree on a lot of things that are verifiably false. So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Sooo...still waiting for women's reasons for augmenting perfectly normal and healthy breasts other than "because I wanna".

If it isn't to attract men, if it isn't some deep seated insecurity, then why?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

If it isn't to attract men, if it isn't some deep seated insecurity, then why?
Why do I straighten/weave my hair? I like the way it looks. I have normal, healthy hair.

Every woman has a personal ideal for their appearance and looks.

There's nothing I like more than seeing a large, augmented woman in a low cut shirt (most augmented women aren't large, but I like the look of implants 500cc or greater). I think it looks amazing.

Trust me I have no issues attracting men and no reason to feel insecure about myself. It's my idea of my personal best, which happens to be different than yours. Good enough?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 AM

And if I haven't said it enough I'll reiterate it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Women who find the way that other women alter their bodies a personal affront to them are the ones with the self esteem issues.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Why do I straighten/weave my hair? I like the way it looks. I have normal, healthy hair.

There's nothing I like more than seeing a large, augmented woman in a low cut shirt (most augmented women aren't large, but I like the look of implants 500cc or greater). I think it looks amazing.

Trust me I have no issues attracting men and no reason to feel insecure about myself. It's my idea of my personal best, which happens to be different than yours. Good enough?
Yeah, but straightening your hair doesn't put your health and life at risk. It's external and can be altered by a non-professional on any random whim. Surely you see how plastic surgery is in a different category?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Yeah, but straightening your hair doesn't put your health and life at risk. It's external and can be altered by a non-professional on any random whim. Surely you see how plastic surgery is in a different category?
Of course there's a matter of degree involved, but I'm speaking to the insinuation that an effort to permanently alter your appearance has to do with men or low self esteem. I know that many people haven't had surgery/gone under general before but I have a couple of times, I'm still alive and surgery is no biggie to me. This surgery will be a lot less complex and I'll be home in a few hours. Compared to my other procedures seems like a cakewalk (I've never been home the DAY OF a procedure), and I'll be far more pleased with the results in comparison to my priors, that's for sure.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:

....but you've had plastic surgery and are considering more.............OK..............

Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
....but you've had plastic surgery and are considering more.............OK..............
I haven't had any plastic surgery yet...but yes, I'm definitely having more cosmetic procedures after my jaw (non surgical) and augmentation. Lipo definitely, rhinoplasty maybe.

I've never been into bags and shoes...I like makeovers.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
I haven't had any plastic surgery yet...but yes, I'm definitely having more cosmetic procedures after my jaw (non surgical) and augmentation. Lipo definitely, rhinoplasty maybe.

I've never been into bags and shoes...I like makeovers.
I'm not going to get into a whatevering match with you. I have disagreed with you about many things - you quite frankly exasperate me - but think you are very beautiful and have no business doing all of these destructive things to yourself, as you look great the way you are. I suspect you will never be satisfied with your looks, and that's going to hurt you in the end. I hope you work these issues out and that your surgery goes well.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM

From a board certified plastic surgeon.

Quote:
The risk of dying during surgery for breast augmentation is extremely rare and is primarily associated with the risk of anesthesia used during the procedure. The death rate of having anesthesia is about 1.5 in 1,000,000. To put that in perspective the death rate associated with riding in a car in the United States is 350 in 1,000,000.
It's safer to have hundreds of cosmetic procedures than it is to be in a car, even on a part time basis.

Thank God I don't drive. I need to start lecturing you drivers about the hazards you're putting yourself through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty