Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,925,314 times

Advertisements

I think women who have this done do have a problem except in cases where it is really necessaary, you only have to look in the mags. and certain newspapers there is always celebs. who have had this done posing and exposing them selves, "look at me, look what i've got" teenage girls are being sexualised by this sort of thing and older women feel insecure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
The bolded quotes represent my frustration with discussing breast augmentation with women. NEITHER OF YOU HAVE SMALL BREASTS and have absolutely no idea how self conscious you feel in every shirt you wear. Of course, on that same token, I have absolutely no idea how self conscious you might feel in every shirt you wear for the exact opposite reason.

Some with large breasts will say they'd love to get a reduction to a B or C cup. I never hear anyone say they want an A or a small B cup. Nope, 9 times out of 10, they want to reduce to a C cup. So why is it beyond the realm of possibility that someone would want to increase to a C cup?

Personally, my overall self esteem is fine, but I don't like my breast size. Some women don't like their abs, others don't like their thighs. While I, personally, wouldn't get implants, I understand why some women want to. I'm not necessarily pro-implants because I think some women get them due to a lack of self esteem that runs much deeper than what implants can fix. But I'm not against implants either, especially when breast size is disproportionate to body size. Frankly, I wish more women would try removable inserts. Hell of a lot cheaper and no risk.

With that said, small breasts don't mean "unattractive" or that one is not sexy. For this particular case, considering she got knocked up by what, 2 different men, clearly there are men who do find her attractive enough to lay down with, so I'm a bit baffled by her "I'm so unattractive" stance. In addition, I can't help but roll my eyes at her because she couldn't afford the implants herself. She needed her parents to front her the money, since she has a low wage job and I somehow doubt that she's got money saved up for her children's future.
I was an extremely late bloomer and didnt even own a bra until I was 19. I was a B cup until then and LOVED it, I'd give anything to go back to that. I'd love to buy a bathing suit off the rack, or a bra in an actual store and NOT have to pay $60+ for it. I'd also love to wear cute little v neck tank tops without looking like a lush, and sexy low cut evening gowns and cocktail dresses without looking like a prostitute.

So yeah, I've had these stupid boobs for around 8 or 9 years now and I long for the days when I had my perky little B cups. Luckily, my breasts aren't that saggy and are fairly perky for their size... But I still wish I didn't have them.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
This is common. I have heard of many of these procedures going bad. One woman needed reconstruction surgery after a botched boob job. I am flat chested and happy. Too bad this woman felt the need to have surgery for increased self esteem.

I do not put this type of surgery in the same category as hearing aids or visual aids. No one needs a larger bust. I find that analogy offensive. A small bust is hardly a disabling condition. Yes...some women have reconstructive surgery to correct malformations. But to go to a double D cup? Not.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:44 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I think there is a huge difference between primping and major surgery. I don't tsk tsk women for getting this procedure, I simply think it is a somewhat sad. Like you undergone surgery to make yourself look better...do you have any goals in life?

Because as a young woman, even if I wanted this procedure my goals heavily outweigh plastic surgery and make it impossible for me to do anyways without postponing my goals.

You make a big fuss about where people "derive" their confidence from....you seem to think women who see plastic surgery as negative "derive" confidence from putting women like you down. I think some of us wonder what type of psychological issues a woman has when she tries to model herself after a blowup doll.

To me it's like voluntarily injuring or disfiguring one's body to feel more attractive.

That's just my stance, I'm not saying it's correct...that's just how I see things as a woman who questions things.

Maybe I'm too much of a "feminist" for surgery like this. I will say if you are in the sex industry and this will further your career, it's totally different. But if you are just getting them to like yourself more...I'd say you have deeper issues than just small breasts.
Well not everyone's life would be postponed by getting plastic surgery. Women like me? I only had braces and that is it. So I partially did that for vanity but I guess braces are more widely accepted as no one likes or wants jacked up teeth. That is just silly to think someone has no goals in life because they want to buy boobs. Thats as silly as saying people who wear skirts don't want to be taken seriously.

I don't see personal modification as injury or disfiguring. Bad plastic surgery..yeh..I will label that as such.

I don't see how its different to do it for work or yourself. I actually think doing it for work is more degrading. You are filling a role for random male pleasure and profit? Yeh that is healthy. Doing it because you want to try on a different look is nothing like that at all.

Recovery time is not that long:
How Long is Breast Implants Recovery Time? Doctor Answers, Tips

I don't see how any of that would affect most people's lives.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I was an extremely late bloomer and didnt even own a bra until I was 19. I was a B cup until then and LOVED it, I'd give anything to go back to that.
HONEY! You call having a B cup being an "extremely late bloomer"? B for a LOT of women is full bloom! Some don't even make it that far, they can only dream of a B. Great post, thanks for the perspective from the other side.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
KYLIE HUDSON thought she had researched all the risks when she finally had the boob job she had dreamed about for years.

The mum of three had been so flat-chested she did not even have a cup size, and after the op she was overjoyed to be 34D.

But weeks later, just before a holiday booked so she could wear a bikini for the first time in her life, the implants burst.

My boobs exploded: Kylie Hudson's warning after horror £4k boob job | The Sun |Woman|Real Life
This is why I'll never get plastic surgery no matter how unhappy I am with parts of my body. It would be my luck to have something like this happen or it will be botched or I'll die from something like being put under. I will just have to deal with my unperfect body and so will everyone else.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:17 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
HONEY! You call having a B cup being an "extremely late bloomer"? B for a LOT of women is full bloom! Some don't even make it that far, they can only dream of a B. Great post, thanks for the perspective from the other side.
A B cup is late when you're destined for a GG.

But I've been in those shoes, too. I entered college wearing a 32A, though I of course realize now that that wasn't the proper size and I may have been more appropriately sized in a 28B or so, which is actually smaller than 32A. Regardless, my bust didn't stop me from attracting all sorts of attention.

I have a friend who, under normal circumstances, wears a 32AA and it hasn't slowed her down in the slightest from getting all the male attention she could ever want. She's married now and currently pregnant so her body isn't in its usual state. She said that when her milk came in with her first kid she thought it was really neato to have big boobs, but she didn't miss it when it dried up as quickly as it arrived. She feels no need to artificially change her form.

I don't think people who seek surgery are lacking in self esteem, I just think they're making a really stupid decision. The money, the risks, the damage to your body and the commitment to future surgeries either to have the implants removed or replaced and all of that for what? What can possibly be worth all of that cost? I know big boobs are great and may even be overall better than small boobs, but so what? Being tall is also awesome (MEGA awesome) but I still think the people who run out for limb lengthening surgery are crazy.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I have a friend who, under normal circumstances, wears a 32AA and it hasn't slowed her down in the slightest from getting all the male attention she could ever want.
I've seen flat-chested women attract guys like magnets. The guys don't notice, as long as there's a pretty face to gaze at. Really long hair helps, too, I've noticed.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:27 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
A B cup is late when you're destined for a GG.

But I've been in those shoes, too. I entered college wearing a 32A, though I of course realize now that that wasn't the proper size and I may have been more appropriately sized in a 28B or so, which is actually smaller than 32A. Regardless, my bust didn't stop me from attracting all sorts of attention.

I have a friend who, under normal circumstances, wears a 32AA and it hasn't slowed her down in the slightest from getting all the male attention she could ever want. She's married now and currently pregnant so her body isn't in its usual state. She said that when her milk came in with her first kid she thought it was really neato to have big boobs, but she didn't miss it when it dried up as quickly as it arrived. She feels no need to artificially change her form.

I don't think people who seek surgery are lacking in self esteem, I just think they're making a really stupid decision. The money, the risks, the damage to your body and the commitment to future surgeries either to have the implants removed or replaced and all of that for what? What can possibly be worth all of that cost? I know big boobs are great and may even be overall better than small boobs, but so what? Being tall is also awesome (MEGA awesome) but I still think the people who run out for limb lengthening surgery are crazy.
Not to mention the pain and recovery time. I'm recovering from a surgery I had to have and that wasn't cosmetic and I just can't imagine why people would put themselves through pain and downtime on purpose. It has been driving me nuts that I can't do what I normally do and have to slowly work up to being normal again.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm 6'1 tall, my B cup was small for my height and size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty