Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:01 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
So modifying your appearance means you have no self esteem? Straightening your hair, wearing makeup or a girdle means you have no self esteem? Yeah...about that.
The only time I would straighten my hair is if it was humid and I had to go in for a job interview, otherwise, who cares.

I hardly ever wear make up because I'm pretty darn happy with the way I look...I didn't used to be...but I built up my self esteem.

Wearing make up and straightening hair is not permanent NOR does it require someone to go under anesthesia, (which can be dangerous all by itself), and under the knife to cut their body and insert a foreign object in that body in an effort to "feel good about themselves".

Deny all you want, girls need to start being taught how to build their character and self esteem and not worry about what size breasts they have as the end all, be all of "who they are" and what their worth is. It's disgusting that we sell girls on this and you, as a female, rooting and tooting for all of this, should be ashamed. You do women NO favors with this mindset.

Quote:
I don't understand why some people seem to itch to judge/look down on others because they don't have the desire to modify their bodies in a particular way. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves and that's where they derive all that high self esteem.
No. My problem with it is women who are the first to jump on the feminist bandwagon telling other women they aren't "good enough" how they are. Advocating a boob job over building up self esteem is so anti feminist I can't even believe so called feminists support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
very sad for the young woman.....her doctors to blame....he should have to compensate her in some way...that's for sure.
0.3 chance of rejection of the implants seems like a very small risk, as both the doctor and the patient seem to think.

Unfortunately this woman is part of the 0.3 percent, unless she can prove that the surgeon was in some way negligent I can't see what possible basis she has for a law suit.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:55 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Having a small chest is not a disability and it's pretty dang insulting to compare someone with small breasts to someone with the inability to hear. A small chest does not stop you from leading a normal life and, hard as it may be to believe, doesn't stop you from finding a man who finds you attractive.

Oh, grow up. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. For years I had girlfriends that were A-cups (and a body size 0 to 4). Now, being with a size 4 with a 32D (natural) for several years, I must admit, I much prefer it. This is just a personal opinion. I will admit that a small perky set of breasts are attractive, but I think that a larger set of perky breasts is more attractive. (And a body shape like an hourglass). But, to each his own.

And I don't see anything wrong with her. You can't even see what her natural chest looks like other than small, so I don't know where you're getting your excessively rude assessment of "marbles in a sock". You ought to check out Normal Breasts Gallery, part 1 - pictures of different size and shape breasts. Women who have not been pregnant. take a look at all the different normal, healthy way breasts can look.

You have large breasts, right? I'm surprised you of all people would be so cruel about another woman's chest.

What is more important, to a male, is the woman's weight. Rule is "100lbs for 5 feet tall, and then 5lbs for every inch over that." Just my opinion, and I am just a messenger, so no flames, please. Not to digress too far (as I usually do), but a woman that has children is what we call "damaged goods". JMHO.
Mine in green, as usual.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe it's because I have rather ample breasts, but I just can't fathom anyone wanting bigger ones, especially of they have cute B or C cups! I'm a 36GG and would LOVE to have cute smaller breasts. I hope you gals contemplating large implants realize how terrible clothes shopping will become, and how people will think you're slutty If you decide to show a bit of cleavage. It will also become a bit more difficult to be taken seriously in the workplace.

I wish I could get a reduction, but I get keloid scarring really bad and I'm not willing to risk it. I wish I had cute C cup breasts
I know the feeling! Way easier to go bra shopping if you are under a DD. And go clothing shopping.

Have you seen Bustygirl comic? Hilarious!
http://bustygirlcomics.com/tagged/comics

Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Deny all you want, girls need to start being taught how to build their character and self esteem and not worry about what size breasts they have as the end all, be all of "who they are" and what their worth is. It's disgusting that we sell girls on this and you, as a female, rooting and tooting for all of this, should be ashamed. You do women NO favors with this mindset.
This is so important! Parents need to be more involved with their children's lives to instill values. And I must say, I'm a bit alarmed to find out what some women's attitude is toward women with small-to-no breasts. How can we build teen girls' self-esteem when people are going around thinking the girls are "deformed" for being late bloomers, or non-bloomers? What a shocker! Who knew people could be so harsh?

Other dangers to implants are that they can accumulate toxins. There have been articles about implants turning black from toxins accumulating in the body, and it's been recommended to change the implants every 10 years. Some women decide in the end they're not worth the trouble. Model Margaux Hemingway had hers removed, I don't recall specifically why.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
I sure do like larger breasts on woman and I am blessed with 34D, but, everybody is unique. Some men like small and some like large so that is just fine.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The only time I would straighten my hair is if it was humid and I had to go in for a job interview, otherwise, who cares.

I hardly ever wear make up because I'm pretty darn happy with the way I look...I didn't used to be...but I built up my self esteem.

Wearing make up and straightening hair is not permanent NOR does it require someone to go under anesthesia, (which can be dangerous all by itself), and under the knife to cut their body and insert a foreign object in that body in an effort to "feel good about themselves".

No. My problem with it is women who are the first to jump on the feminist bandwagon telling other women they aren't "good enough" how they are. Advocating a boob job over building up self esteem is so anti feminist I can't even believe so called feminists support it.

Self esteem is on the inside. Looks are on the outside. People with "high self esteem" in this thread seem to connect the two for whatever reason. Its not connected for everyone. And you obviously don't have very curly hair. Are you white? Cause the person you are replying is not. If you ever worked with ethnic hair or extreme curly hair...Leaving it go = looking insane. Not everyone has the texture to go natural.

No one said having boobs was the be all end all. Maybe some people just want to experiment with who they are on the outside. I don't see the difference between someone who wants them or a cancer patient that gets them. Do you sling the same shame on them too? Because slinging shame is also a sign of low self esteem.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:06 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
I think there is a huge difference between primping and major surgery. I don't tsk tsk women for getting this procedure, I simply think it is a somewhat sad. Like you undergone surgery to make yourself look better...do you have any goals in life?

Because as a young woman, even if I wanted this procedure my goals heavily outweigh plastic surgery and make it impossible for me to do anyways without postponing my goals.

You make a big fuss about where people "derive" their confidence from....you seem to think women who see plastic surgery as negative "derive" confidence from putting women like you down. I think some of us wonder what type of psychological issues a woman has when she tries to model herself after a blowup doll.

To me it's like voluntarily injuring or disfiguring one's body to feel more attractive.

That's just my stance, I'm not saying it's correct...that's just how I see things as a woman who questions things.

Maybe I'm too much of a "feminist" for surgery like this. I will say if you are in the sex industry and this will further your career, it's totally different. But if you are just getting them to like yourself more...I'd say you have deeper issues than just small breasts.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError
Having a small chest is not a disability and it's pretty dang insulting to compare someone with small breasts to someone with the inability to hear. A small chest does not stop you from leading a normal life and, hard as it may be to believe, doesn't stop you from finding a man who finds you attractive.

Oh, grow up. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. For years I had girlfriends that were A-cups (and a body size 0 to 4). Now, being with a size 4 with a 32D (natural) for several years, I must admit, I much prefer it. This is just a personal opinion. I will admit that a small perky set of breasts are attractive, but I think that a larger set of perky breasts is more attractive. (And a body shape like an hourglass). But, to each his own.

And I don't see anything wrong with her. You can't even see what her natural chest looks like other than small, so I don't know where you're getting your excessively rude assessment of "marbles in a sock". You ought to check out Normal Breasts Gallery, part 1 - pictures of different size and shape breasts. Women who have not been pregnant. take a look at all the different normal, healthy way breasts can look.

You have large breasts, right? I'm surprised you of all people would be so cruel about another woman's chest.

What is more important, to a male, is the woman's weight. Rule is "100lbs for 5 feet tall, and then 5lbs for every inch over that." Just my opinion, and I am just a messenger, so no flames, please. Not to digress too far (as I usually do), but a woman that has children is what we call "damaged goods". JMHO.
Mine in green, as usual.
I really hate it when people reply within a quote. It makes it very difficult and messy to reply back.

You think the person comparing small breasts to being blind or deaf is the more mature, rational one here? That's not an opinion, it's hateful and malicious codswallop. I don't really give a hoot what kind of breasts you like, no individual opinion really matters. The fact is, you absolutely do not need large breasts for men to find you attractive. It might not hurt, but it's not in the least bit necessary.

I should have read the second part before giving you the least bit of credibility. That "100lbs plus 5" thing just shows how very very little you know about women or body composition or attraction.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I really don't understand why women pay thousands to have this surgery. I lived in Miami for 5 years and half or more than half of the women I was friends with had fake boobs. Some looked good, others looked fake and beat up.

To me it's just like hanging as sign around your neck saying "I have no self-esteem".

Has anyone been to a nude beach in U.S? It's pretty easy to spot quite a few fakes. Imagine if men got fake ball implants and they sat nice and high and extra round. LOL...sounds ridiculous.

Anyways, I guess I'm bias because I have natural c-cups on a petite frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe it's because I have rather ample breasts, but I just can't fathom anyone wanting bigger ones, especially of they have cute B or C cups! I'm a 36GG and would LOVE to have cute smaller breasts. I hope you gals contemplating large implants realize how terrible clothes shopping will become, and how people will think you're slutty If you decide to show a bit of cleavage. It will also become a bit more difficult to be taken seriously in the workplace.

I wish I could get a reduction, but I get keloid scarring really bad and I'm not willing to risk it. I wish I had cute C cup breasts
The bolded quotes represent my frustration with discussing breast augmentation with women. NEITHER OF YOU HAVE SMALL BREASTS and have absolutely no idea how self conscious you feel in every shirt you wear. Of course, on that same token, I have absolutely no idea how self conscious you might feel in every shirt you wear for the exact opposite reason.

Some with large breasts will say they'd love to get a reduction to a B or C cup. I never hear anyone say they want an A or a small B cup. Nope, 9 times out of 10, they want to reduce to a C cup. So why is it beyond the realm of possibility that someone would want to increase to a C cup?

Personally, my overall self esteem is fine, but I don't like my breast size. Some women don't like their abs, others don't like their thighs. While I, personally, wouldn't get implants, I understand why some women want to. I'm not necessarily pro-implants because I think some women get them due to a lack of self esteem that runs much deeper than what implants can fix. But I'm not against implants either, especially when breast size is disproportionate to body size. Frankly, I wish more women would try removable inserts. Hell of a lot cheaper and no risk.

With that said, small breasts don't mean "unattractive" or that one is not sexy. For this particular case, considering she got knocked up by what, 2 different men, clearly there are men who do find her attractive enough to lay down with, so I'm a bit baffled by her "I'm so unattractive" stance. In addition, I can't help but roll my eyes at her because she couldn't afford the implants herself. She needed her parents to front her the money, since she has a low wage job and I somehow doubt that she's got money saved up for her children's future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty