Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

All women go through that stage. Some do at 12, for some that phase lasts well into adulthood. Women live happy and productive lives, marry, have kids, all with this "deformity". How sad that people are pushing surgery on girls and women now, rather than emphasizing healthy self-esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
All women go through that stage. Some do at 12, for some that phase lasts well into adulthood. Women live happy and productive lives, marry, have kids, all with this "deformity". How sad that people are pushing surgery on girls and women now, rather than emphasizing healthy self-esteem.

You look at those breasts on that link, the hypoplastic ones, and tell me if you'd be happy if they were on your chest.

Some people have physical aspects that make them unhappy. Why on earth should they not get it corrected? I wouldn't hesitate.

But then I'm a blind person who chose to have laser eye surgery, how wrong of me.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
The issue of comparing blindness to a cosmetic procedure has already been dealt with in an earlier post.

Your reasoning is exactly what plastic surgeons use to sell cosmetic surgery to the poor in Brazil. Breast implants aren't safe, nor are they necessary for a happy and fulfilling life. But people are free to undertake risky procedures. Too bad our society has become so highly sexualized that girls and young women opt to take the easy way out and get surgery rather than develop their character.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Most of the people replying to this thread clearly know nothing about implants and neither does the author of this article from the language he uses. Another piece of high quality journalism from the Sun.

I've never heard of a breast implant "exploding". The article doesn't mention if they were saline or silicone but the cohesive silicone gel implants don't leak fluid, they stay in one piece even if cut in half (see photos on Mentor's website of a co gel sili implant cut in half) and saline implants slowly deflate and the saline gets reabsorbed into the body. Sili leaks that migrate were cause by implants that are no longer manufactured.

On youtube, you can find videos of implants being run over by trucks and the shell still remaining intact. Today's implants are very safe and high quality, but the scaremongerers will always be out there, trying to make women feel ashamed for the choices they make with their body.

Getting a sili augmentation in July and proud of it!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Most of the people replying to this thread clearly know nothing about implants and neither does the author of this article from the language he uses. Another piece of high quality journalism from the Sun.

I've never heard of a breast implant "exploding". The article doesn't mention if they were saline or silicone but the cohesive silicone gel implants don't leak fluid, they stay in one piece even if cut in half (see photos on Mentor's website of a co gel sili implant cut in half) and saline implants slowly deflate and the saline gets reabsorbed into the body. Sili leaks that migrate were cause by implants that are no longer manufactured.

On youtube, you can find videos of implants being run over by trucks and the shell still remaining intact. Today's implants are very safe and high quality, but the scaremongerers will always be out there, trying to make women feel ashamed for the choices they make with their body.

Getting a sili augmentation in July and proud of it!

I personally know someone whose implant exploded, though that is a bit of a dramatic term. Her saline implant broke one night and she woke up with one completely flat breast. Her family joked she had a flat tire.

Diminishing the risks associated with surgery doesn't do women any favors.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,262,618 times
"I wore chicken fillets 24 hours a day, even in bed."

???????????????????????????????

Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I personally know someone whose implant exploded, though that is a bit of a dramatic term. Her saline implant broke one night and she woke up with one completely flat breast. Her family joked she had a flat tire.

Diminishing the risks associated with surgery doesn't do women any favors.
Saying that "exploded" is a dramatic term is an understatement. Exploding connotes a sudden, violent rupture with matter everywhere. Her implant leaked and deflated.

There are plenty of scare sites all over the internet...and articles like this one full of partial/outright misinformation about implants in general and sili's in particular. To this day if I tell people that I'm getting sili's, people ask, "Are those the dangerous ones?", seeming to be completely ignorant of the fact that there's been numerous double blind studies on thousands of women with implants which have examined their connection to numerous possible ills and came up with nothing. Yet people will still tell me a bunch of outdated scaremongering "information" about implants. Any surgery involves some sort of risk, but the nature of the risk particularly when it comes to implants is subject to just about the greatest amount of misinformation one can find on the net.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Gross.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I went on to your website and the closest they have is a breast called Hypoplastic breasts, which guess what, is a deformity, as the breasts have a tubular shape and cannot breastfeed. Quote -

The condition is called by names insufficient glandular tissue, hypoplasia, or hypoplastic breasts.

So yes, they are a disability and I'm sorry my description appeared rude, I should have said insufficient glandular tissue.
Are you seeing some picture of the woman in the article that I'm not? They show two photos with her implants one of which shows her bandages, and a third of her without implants but with a large black bar covering them completely. How are you diagnosing her with a deformity when you can't even see her breasts?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Saying that "exploded" is a dramatic term is an understatement. Exploding connotes a sudden, violent rupture with matter everywhere. Her implant leaked and deflated.

There are plenty of scare sites all over the internet...and articles like this one full of partial/outright misinformation about implants in general and sili's in particular. To this day if I tell people that I'm getting sili's, people ask, "Are those the dangerous ones?", seeming to be completely ignorant of the fact that there's been numerous double blind studies on thousands of women with implants which have examined their connection to numerous possible ills and came up with nothing. Yet people will still tell me a bunch of outdated scaremongering "information" about implants. Any surgery involves some sort of risk, but the nature of the risk particularly when it comes to implants is subject to just about the greatest amount of misinformation one can find on the net.
They can "rupture" but plastic surgery has limits. She went up over 4 cup sizes which shows she did not research for crap as the safe and best result sizes are in a range of TWO cups. Not FOUR or more.
Go up that much and you will be going back for a lot of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty