Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
On theat tv show 1000 ways to die, they had a woman on there who was on an airplane and her breast implants exploded,killing her.

Mythbusters Cell Phone Destroys Gas Station (2/3) S01E02 - YouTube
Mythbusters covered that. But all products have the possibility of being defective. Its why you never use anything new on the market and know the reputation of the implant manufacture and limitations based on implant type.
But basically if you don't want to watch the vid: The pressure would kill you fake boobs or not at the pressure level that would destroy them. Implant test starts at 6:30

Just some funny news stories that implants saved lives:

Breast Implant-Breast Augmentation Saves Woman's Life - YouTube

Blue Marlin impales woman's breast implant - YouTube

I don't know about you...but if I went through ANY of that I would be so happy I bought some boobs. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow. I better schedule some plastic surgery to fix my out of proportion screwed up body! I am 5'11"...Size A barely B....flat as a board....my body is long and lean...swimmer, runner....and I have no desire for large fake mammory glands on my chest. Why on Earth would anyone even think that is attractive? Bizarre. I love my little bitty...I hardly wear a bra...and yes....men do notice my attractive natural beauty...I have had boyfriends and even been married....despite my "deformity".

Get some self esteem.....you are more than your boob size.

Yes please go fix yourself! You need to go at least to a c-cup. It's worth the time and effort...just wait until all of those guys see you and your designer rack!

This will certainly be beneficial to your life and your family.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,314 times
Women who get implants are doing it for aesthetic reasons with a little low self esteem mixed in. The only women who should get implants are the victims of breast cancer or for deformed breast (quality of life ..back pain etc).

Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Really the size of your chest should not be some random cup size. They have to work with projection and proportion based on the ascetic you desire. I have heard the average size went from a b to c awhile ago. Now linked to the obesity problem in the US its a DD. I think just in looking around the natural size is about b/c of people with healthy weights of average heights.
Blaming the explosion of breast size on the "obesity" crisis" is BS. We all know plenty of small women with natural large breasts, and plenty of larger women with small breasts.

Some people do gain weight, and gain in their breasts, but there isn't a one to one correlation. I think they don't want to admit the hormones in our foods cause problems.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Blaming the explosion of breast size on the "obesity" crisis" is BS. We all know plenty of small women with natural large breasts, and plenty of larger women with small breasts.

Some people do gain weight, and gain in their breasts, but there isn't a one to one correlation. I think they don't want to admit the hormones in our foods cause problems.

Yeh but most women get bigger boobs with weight gain. Its a very popular issue on weight loss boards. The boobs going with the rest of the weight. Obesity is not gaining a bit too much weight its definitely more times than not going to add fat to your chest. It does for men even. Its not about the current size of the person. Say someone who was big and then lost a ton of weight but didn't have a large chest. They may go from a c cup to b or even smaller depending on the ratio of fat tissue to breast tissue. And I think smaller people who are not active will have a larger chest too just due to higher body fat. With the current common lifestyle most people who are thin are not really a low fat body type unless they workout (skinny fat). Just in my weight changes everything stayed in proportion but it changed by bra size slightly. Some people lose as many as two cups sizes.

They do also link blame of early development in girls from the hormones in the environment.

They also link environmental exposures to weight:
Why Chemicals Called Obesogens May Make You Fat - The Daily Beast

Just google that term in the article if you want to find more reading on that. Its pretty interesting.
Side note: If you have issues with loss try going all organic and pesticide free for a couple weeks.
It can help clear out the thyroid slowing chemicals. Its easier to afford if you mix in vegan dishes. Meat prices are just ridiculous lately organic or not.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelia38 View Post
Going from that small to a 34D in one procedure seems like a questionable choice...
That was my first thought, too. Weird. Why not just a reasonable c ?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I went on to your website and the closest they have is a breast called Hypoplastic breasts, which guess what, is a deformity, as the breasts have a tubular shape and cannot breastfeed. Quote -

The condition is called by names insufficient glandular tissue, hypoplasia, or hypoplastic breasts.

So yes, they are a disability and I'm sorry my description appeared rude, I should have said insufficient glandular tissue.
You are fine. I think some of these folks are being a little sensitive/defensive. Wonder why ...

Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The issue of comparing blindness to a cosmetic procedure has already been dealt with in an earlier post.

Your reasoning is exactly what plastic surgeons use to sell cosmetic surgery to the poor in Brazil. Breast implants aren't safe, nor are they necessary for a happy and fulfilling life. But people are free to undertake risky procedures. Too bad our society has become so highly sexualized that girls and young women opt to take the easy way out and get surgery rather than develop their character.
Why are you assuming all women who might opt for this procedure are doing it for sexual purposes? Yes, they are terribly unsafe and I personally would not do it, nor do I think most women should, but can't you at least admit that there are exceptions to every rule, and perhaps you are not to judge in those cases?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 AM

Guess what ladies? We can have high self esteem, love the bodies we are in, AND do whatever we want to make ourselves look even better. It does not have to be one perspective or another.
It's acceptable to modify however we wish. Be it pedicures, piercings, hair color or even surgery. Whether or not we agree with it is not the point. Having the freedom to do it-is.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've seen flat-chested women attract guys like magnets. The guys don't notice, as long as there's a pretty face to gaze at. Really long hair helps, too, I've noticed.
And let's not forget the legs and other parts...some guys are not breast-focused at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty