Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
What I unattractive:

Muffin tops.
Hip-huggers (didn't even like them in the 60's that much).
Bovine-type nose rings, and I hate it on men just as much (makes me want to yank them).
Bleached hair with dark roots.
Too-high stilettos.
Jeans with holes in them (who try to look poor?).
Tattoo over-load but the same for men.
I don't mind very high stilettos on a purely aesthetic sense. The others I agree with and constitute most of my list of turnoffs. Also on it are dyed black hair, black fingernail polish, and blue or black lipstick, in ascending order of creepiness, although once in a while a woman with blemish-free porcelain skin can get away with fake black hair and maybe black nail polish. Ha, I forgot the biggest often-seen turnoff of all - short hair. Hrrm, I'm already over 5, but pigtails also are bad.

Last edited by goodheathen; 08-12-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
I am really digging women wearing suits. The gal wearing a tie looks so slick. I wonder if it would bother employers if women started to wear these style suits like this gal for job interviews(needs to change collar to white and suit should be black of course).

[Live HD 720p] 120307 - Brave Girls - Nowadays you - Music on Top - YouTube

Old 08-14-2013, 11:48 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
Women that wear underware and clothes that are too small for them, tend to emphisize their obesity, almost flaunting it.
Bald women have their reasons I respect that, but buch and short hair screems of lesbeanism. IMO
I find the boot fettish girls are doing now interesting ,some don't know how to coordenate their wardrobe though.
It's kind a cool seeing girls wearing riding caps, pants, and boots with spurrs , OK we live in wine country lots of horses.
But it says something about the person, they are doers not just talkers. Women that get dirty doing things is sexy to me.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM

117 posts, read 202,184 times
I don't think you know what generic means. It certainly would not be a name-brand. I think you meant to say 'too common.'

Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,063,465 times
Default Thank goodness! I thought I was losing my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Jyoti View Post
I don't think you know what generic means. It certainly would not be a name-brand. I think you meant to say 'too common.'
I was starting to doubt my understanding of the word generic. Generic is NOT name-brand.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
I'm not a fan of any words splashed across a woman's ass like "Pink" or "Juicy" etc.

Nothing extreme; that means I really don't care for clothing that is too revealing or too conservative.

Mom-Jeans

Frump: if you're going to the grocery store to buy milk there's no harm in throwing on a pair of sweats and an oversized tee. If you're dining out or coming to work dressed like Dumpy McFrumpy it basically says you've given up.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right on.

Take Biotin, ladies - your hair and nails will thank you. I've been taking biotin for months now and my natural nails are super firm and easy to manicure myself at home.

I opt for a clear base coat and a slightly pinkish or beige sheer top coat. This home manicure lasts about 5 days which is fine by me.
My nails have always been strong and I keep them short for typing but could grow them long if it wasn't annoying. But my babyfine hair was breaking off. I didn't get the walmart biotin, but ordered some from a company which sells European medicial grade suppliments, actually cheaper than walmart. Its done wonders for my hair and my nails seem to grow even faster. I find the shine on my nails which is natural is sufficent. A long while ago I discovered that polish damaged the surface and quit using it. They shine nicely on their own now.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, that would be hard for me to judge, because I naturally have a head full of hair with so much body and density that it's like having a badger living on top of my head.

I assume it would work well though, because supposedly biotin is good for nails AND hair. And my hair is certainly healthy...but then, it's always had a life separate from mine...
My hair would make hairdressers sigh, and say, Oh, babyfine... Even when I was in my twenties. I WISH I'd known about biotin then, but it makes a huge difference for my hair, making it a lot thicker. And it doesn't break off much either.

They actually make a scalp rub for a quick boost which helps a lot too, but I find the pills work too. Just don't get department store brands. They don't absorb as well.

Henna over chemicals if hair is breakable is good too since it actually strenghts with it as it bonds in the color.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I live in the suburban DC area, and go back home to Philly often.

Try and grocery store or discount retail store. I marvel at all the cashiers I see with dragon lady nails, or nails with some crazy three-colored design --and a crystal on the nails. No one in my social circle has nails or make up like that, but I SEE IT quite often.
Long time ago I remember this woman at Sears trying to work the register. This was when the really long fake nails were new. She was doing these finger contortions to hit the keys. They looked gaudy and like something you'd get from a dollar store, but I'm sure they were better 'quality'. I kept wondering why one would make your fingers dysfunctional for tasks you had to do with such fangs.

My nails at the time were long but real, and not as long as hers only because I cut them when they got in the way. Watching her made me want to ask her to step aside and I'd punch the keys for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty