Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 01:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I remember this thread. I had no idea it was still going strong. I just turned 50 and I refuse to wear shoes for the almost dead set. At age 50 I wear Nike's and Saucony running shoes. I have plantar Fasciitis and the Saucony shoes have helped a lot.

Then again I probably hace the PF because of wearing flip flops for years. After work it was always toss off the work shoes and either wear no shoes or if I had to go somewhere some flip flops. Bad move because of having no arch support. In the sand I don't see a problem maybe because the sand shapes to the foot.

What I am thinking is that most older people should forgo growing up and continue to live an active lifestyle. Keep surfing, skateboarding, riding bikes, swimming, running, take on a sport of some kind. No one is telling me to give up things that I love. I start Taikwondo with my kids in a week. They have been doing it for over a year now. You are never too old to try new things. I am betting that keeping active will keep people young.

No T shirts because I am older? Why would anyone place an age limit on clothes or shoes?
You should be wearing baggy khakis with an elastic waist band pulled up to your man boobs, white orthopedic shoes, black socks, a Hawaiian shirt (tucked in just under your man boobs), and a straw hat. Top it off with Blue Blockers. Now you're age appropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 01:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Oh for Goodness sake!!!

What if the guy has a lot of walking to do, you still want him to clomp around in heavy boots?

By the way, FASHION changes daily, so if you're in the business of dictating it to others you'd better ensure you are up to date on everything.

Men now wear skirts on the runway so....MAN UP....get your skirt on Fashionista!

Old 06-12-2015, 02:16 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I am almost 65,
I have worne jeans /levis and T shirts tennis shoes and leather boots, all my life ,except for uniforms as required.
I do not play dress up , If my wardrobe is a problem for some one, it their problem not mine.
I have been given a number of Tshirts that have logos usually for the companies I worked for, or a friends business .
I don't wear logos that I do not wish to support.
I normally wear black for no other reason than I like it ,it is not compeditive. but respectable in this part of the world.(southern California)
I wear pants, (not shorts,) that fit properly with a real 100% leather belt ( longer then necessary) , not for looks but for function.
I make my own custome holder for the phone/flashlight/and knife, in one from leather,as well.
Before cell phones were available, I carried a 2 meter amature radio (being a licensed amature).
Having a flash light and knife on me ,is as much a part of me as breathing.
I am not impressed with name brands .

Old 06-12-2015, 03:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Hell I'm 30+ and still sport step-sychronis heel blinkers

Old 07-20-2015, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,062 times
I say wear what you want wear who gives a **** what this guy saying

Old 07-21-2015, 01:34 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Theres a fine line between looking quite cool and looking ridiculous.. I like to see an older man taking care of himself with modern clothes but not trying to be hiphop or street..Funnily yesterday I was chatting to my 13 year old granddaughter about ice skating as that was my thing when I was younger.. she said she loved it too but that she couldnt go the old me like my age hahah, who wore drop waist baggy trousers with logo shorts showing at the back and their hats turned back to front... she said there was a clique of them at the skating who took over showing off to the young ones... Worrying hahahah.. I might join.. hahaha.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:46 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
i am over 30 and i only wear chucks and nike roshes. i have dress shoes from cole haans.

If you want me to stop, then please do the following without FAIL: pay my all bills,pay my rent, put food on my table and wipe my butt. Otherwise, shut da **** up!

Old 07-21-2015, 09:48 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
While most of the OP's post is totally ridiculous (they do kind of have a point about the graphic tees IMO), there also seems to be a reoccurring attitude in many of this thread's replies that you're either dressing extremely young... or you're dressing "like an old man", and this I find nearly as odd.

There are some ways for the guy over 25, or over, 35, or over 55, to dress a little more maturely and do so in a manner that's flattering and stylish, and that will look better on most of us somewhat older guys than sneakers and tees, 24/7.

So, there IS a third option.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:09 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
I'm a very fashionable woman, but I still like guys who wear converse when they're off work. It shows they're laid back.

I really can't date a guy who has to dress up 24/7.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:43 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Theres a fine line between looking quite cool and looking ridiculous.. I like to see an older man taking care of himself with modern clothes but not trying to be hiphop or street..

Really? A 26 year old cannot be hiphop or street?
This thread is about men over 25...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty