Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 PM

1,517 posts, read 989,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I personally like to wear flowing outfits that are very classic in style...Greek style tunics and Roman togas are just SOO comfy!!
I like a T-shirt and sarong especially when it gets over 90 out as it does here in the summer, if I'm not going anywhere the day. Landlord wont' let me have an air conditioner, so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 PM

135 posts, read 90,550 times
Are you a homosexual OP? Why would u care what other men wear??? it is a very common gay male thing to want men to dress all manly hot and hypermasculine, do u wanna check out all those mature hot guys or something? btw guys who use 'gay' as an insult often are just trying to hide their own homoerotic feelings... there's been lots of studies on this. it's okay to be gay honey.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 PM

56 posts, read 46,911 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I suspect that Tony Hawk would not approve!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:08 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
My brother who's 48 wears them with jeans and a t shirt. Looks perfectly fine.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times
Yesterday I saw my 60-year-old uncle wearing some "youngish" Adidas and I thought they looked great and fitting for him.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
Your views are so absurdly outdated that I wonder if this is a fun thread

Anyway, I dress in line with my felt age. I couldn't care less about conventions. Despite my age I never wear a suit, I don't even have shirts and ties, nor leather shoes, I don't even wear a watch. It is mostly women that have certain views, expecting men to look this or that way, to wear certain things that are supposed to represent a certain social status, that whole bourgeois crap to fool themselves and impress others.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:57 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
I'm 40 years old and I love my 'chucks' and Star Wars t-shirts. Nothing is going to change this.

Having said that, for work, I am required to wear business casual. So, I wear my button up shirt, slacks, dress shoes, etc., but on weekends, I dress down to what is comfortable.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:14 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,696 times
I don't have a problem with whatever anyone wants to wear. Idk why some people on C-D are so concerned about the wadrobe choices of others. Sure, everyone has their own preferences, but to flatly state that people of a certain age shouldn't wear this or that is ridiculous. Here's an idea: worry about what YOU wear, and don't tell others how they should or shouldn't dress. *shrug*

Old 04-24-2017, 04:23 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Male or female, we should be able to dress as we feel comfortable. If your wardrobe consists of jeans and tank tops for summer, with some shorts tossed in, and sweaters fore winter, and furry boots or maybe cowboy style ones too, or for women, lace ups, and you feel just right, who is to say you shouldn't?

If you like to dress more formally, too, go for it. One thing about being 'older' is you know yourself a lot better. You don't feel nearly as much 'need' to be like everyone else. Some people dress 'down' more and some dress 'up' because they like it. But its a nice freedom to not have it

Anyone remember being a teen and how absolutely vitally necessary the latest style fad was to have at least one outfit to show you 'belonged'? Sure seems a little silly later on.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
I don't agree with this OP at all, which is a dinosaur thread from 3.5 years ago anyway.

I'm 34 and wear Vans every day. What are grown up clothes anyway? What are grown up sneakers/shoes? Penny loafers? I mostly wear a T-shirt, a pair of camo pants/camo shorts and Vans. I do pretty much dress like I did when I was a teenager, so heckle me if you want, I don't give a ****.

But I know 60 something year olds that wear Vans and Converse. It's not 1984 anymore, where the only people wearing those sneakers are teenagers and early 20 something.

Wow that post was brutal. I also wear hockey jerseys and hockey hoodies when it's cold out. You'll only catch me in a polo or khakis at work. Button up shirts? How old is this OP? Born in 1917?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty