Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 02:00 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Yeah when you're an adult, you should look and dress like one. People these days want to look sloppy and lazy.
Oh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 02:32 PM

253 posts, read 229,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. =
So basically you're a judgmental a******? Thanks for the fashion advice, but I think grown men are capable of choosing their own brand of shoes without hearing from the bigot peanut gallery.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:59 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
Eh, if you're paying your bills and working hard, wear what you want. I am a 43 year old woman and I have some of the coolest Chucks - camo, neon, different prints, Missoni, polka dots...and I wear them with no shame!

Old 03-28-2018, 07:19 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Mind your own business. I wear whatever the heck I want to wear, even if I'm 100.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:27 PM

128 posts, read 98,030 times
Never wore Converse shoes but had those blue Keds knockoffs for a long time when I was younger. Are the "real" Converse shoes just as uncomfortable? I think they have no sole or arch support. They look so thin and unsubstantial! Give me my good comfortable Reeboks any day!

Old 03-30-2018, 05:49 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve&Adam View Post
Never wore Converse shoes but had those blue Keds knockoffs for a long time when I was younger. Are the "real" Converse shoes just as uncomfortable? I think they have no sole or arch support. They look so thin and unsubstantial! Give me my good comfortable Reeboks any day!
I think that Converse are just fine. There are cut-for Chucks socks that I wear with mine and they don't make my feet hurt or anything. But to me, anything hurts my feet if I walk around too long in them.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:19 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,954,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve&Adam View Post
I never wore Converse but I used to wear ProKeds. They are naming a comeback too and have been relaunched. I saw them on display at a store in Hong Kong, of all places.

In my early teens, I switched to Adidas and Pumas and still wear them today. They are definitely a better shoe than the older sneakers like ProKeds, and some of the newer models are better still.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:53 AM

4,233 posts, read 6,913,427 times
I find chucks to be incredibly comfortable

Old 03-30-2018, 08:23 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,554,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Eh, if you're paying your bills and working hard, wear what you want. I am a 43 year old woman and I have some of the coolest Chucks - camo, neon, different prints, Missoni, polka dots...and I wear them with no shame!

Gotta love a woman in Chuck's! I'm on the wrong side of 60 and wearing black high tops right now. Started a million years ago wearing them when I made the basketball team in high school. That was the ONLY athletic shoe available then. And your choice of colors was black or white. When I was in college it was cool to pick up a date in a suit and tie and Black Connies, a fashion statement if you will. The other day I saw a woman shopping with her two little girls, all 3 wearing white high top Connies, looked cool. About 20 years ago when they became popular again my wife bought us each a pair of the old style canvas high tops. I forgot they offer no support, we couldn't walk in them, hurt too much.

Does the OP know that most guys in the NBA are over 25?

Old 03-30-2018, 08:30 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Funny, those "old" folks are the ones who made "Chucks" popular to start with. Me and my 60+ year old friends wore Chucks all the time when we were younger. (Chucks for olders and PF Flyers for youngers kids.) The only reason we stopped wearing them was because as an athletic shoe, they are lacking and also because they became scarce or even unavailable in the market.

Now that they are back, why shouldn't those who "made" the shoes still wear them?

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-30-2018 at 08:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty