Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:50 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Hey I've seen people wearing their "Members Only" jackets. Some of these jackets were so well made that they'll last forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I have a North Face jacket. It is warm, repels water, and still looks good. It's forest green and black. And it has lots of handy-dandy pockets so it's my go-to jacket for walking the dogs.

Is there a memo that I missed stating that I should toss it out because it offends someone's delicate fashion sensibilities?

(LOL at Member's Only jackets though - really? There are still some of those in existence?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I swear it's the truth. I couldn't believe it either until I saw it with my own eyes.
While helping my husband find a new coat, I saw some Members Only jackets in Burlington Coat Factory the other day *hangs head in shame at shopping at Burlington*

I didn't know they made those anymore. I don't think I ever knew anyone that wore them.

I see plenty of North Face jackets around here. Including on teenagers, the fashion arbiters of our time. Many stores have a huge selection of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter01 View Post
Come to Colorado. You will be really offended by the ridiculous amount of North Face clad people roaming the streets, bike paths and hiking trails.
Ditto here in the Pacific Northwest. My North Face jacket looks like new even though I missed the memo and according to the OP bought it when it was already passe in 2007; it's warm, and I love the lavender color.

I think when I was younger and worked as a field biologist, I must have spent too much time in Africa and South America around people who were happy if they had a striped shirt and plaid pants to wear together that didn't have too many holes in them, because for the life of me, I've never been able to understand brand and style snobbishness.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Hmmm it doesn't get cold in MD? It was 28 degrees here the other day and I didn't see as many NF coats as I used to about 5 to 8 years ago (hence the OP discussing whether or not NF is still popular or not in your neck of the woods ). Heaven forbid someone actually starts a thread on fashion and fashion critique in the fashion and style subforum. For all of the NF owners that say they don't give a crap, why would you bother to post then in the fashion forum if you don't give a crap about fashion? I get it I get it, the jeans + black NF fleece is safe and conservative. It is pretty much the suburbanite uniform in many parts still.
The DC area has plenty of people wearing them. I was up there during the recent cold spell, seemed like 80% of everyone on the metro was wearing a NF jacket.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Do people still wear North Face jackets where you live?
Only in the cold weather ...

Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Where whatever you want. I really thought only middle schoolers worried about who wore what.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The OP has stated that he is from suburban MD in other posts. Being "up to date" fashion wise is somewhat of a sub-culture in parts if the area. One reason one school system went almost 100% to uniforms several years ago.

"parts of the area"?? The fashion police patrol everyplace in Maryland that is civilized, and they are almost as tough as the state troopers. It doesn't matter what age you are, you will be ostracized if what you are wearing is not "cool". I think I'd be better off in a place where people use things until they wear out.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
"parts of the area"?? The fashion police patrol everyplace in Maryland that is civilized, and they are almost as tough as the state troopers. It doesn't matter what age you are, you will be ostracized if what you are wearing is not "cool". I think I'd be better off in a place where people use things until they wear out.
Haha. I agree. Maryland doesn't sound like somewhere I want to be.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:06 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
I rarely pay attention to what "brand" other people are wearing.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,530,984 times
I think Patagonia is more popular today than it was. Also, Marmot is bigger now than it was 5-8 years ago.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,925 times
Quote:
I thought it was ssoooo 2005? Do people still wear North Face jackets where you live?

Of course, its a great brand that performs very well in the Pacific Northwest where a rain coat is a daily need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty