Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times

Advertisements

bleach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,153 times
What IS the fascination with blond hair? As a brunette, I stand in a crowd and see the predominance of fake blonds with roots showing and all I think is cheap and vulgar. Do they really think this look is superior to a natural healthy head of brunette hair?

I am over sixty years old and have never used dyes, peroxides, or perms on my hair. When I'm at the salon for a trim, everyone remarks about how healthy and thick my hair is. I am starting to go gray and am fine with that. I'm fortunate to be allowed to live long enough to go gray. Women have lost the art of aging gracefully. I don't intend to use the years I have left fighting to maintain a fake hair color.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The number of natural blondes, is dependent on the nationalities that settled the area where you are at the present time. Areas with lots of Scandinavians, etc., will have more blondes. As the areas of the county change which race is predominate, the more or less natural blonds you will find. Example. Just a few years ago, in California over 80% of the population was from northern Europe, Scandinavian countries, etc. Today the white race is less than the Hispanic population which is now the predominate race in California, and a high percentage is Asian. White race is now just over 1/3rd or nearly 50% drop in population, which leaves a lot less natural blondes. But if you look around California you still find a lot of blondes which is because Hydrogen Peroxide is cheap.
Uh, just a few years ago? Maybe more like in 1950 or 1960, it didn't change THAT quickly, LOL!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,535,208 times
Blondes do it better is the sayin

Old 12-22-2013, 09:52 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
Where I live I would say a good 60 percent of the girls have light blonde hair, this is in the USA.

If it is so rare then why do I see it everywhere?
It's called Clairol. AKA hair dye! You can have any color hair you want in the US including purple!

Old 12-22-2013, 10:00 PM

3,073 posts, read 8,025,234 times
Don't see many real blonde haired women anymore as I did in HS forty plus years ago. Back then few if any colored their hair. Today it's the norm. As for those real blondes back then, either they have colored it since then or their hair has turned gray. I just don't know, but h this is what I believe has happened.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 552,061 times
It's rare on a worldwide basis since, to start with, it's only found among whites (and a few melanesians and australian aborigenes). Northern europeans are blonder than average within the white race itself. Lots of the whites in the usa are northern european in origin so you expect to find many blonds among them.

Last but not least, one can be blond with the help of a bottle.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM

830 posts, read 1,538,945 times
Quote:
I have heard more men say they prefer brunettes but I guess men might say they prefer brunettes when they really want blondes.

As for the entitled attitude, I have seen it more among blondes that are somewhat attractive than any other kind of women but I know it is more of an American thing than a worldwide thing. When I visited Europe women didn't act like that at all.

But it isn't just the blonde hair that does it, it is also the expensive clothes and fake tans which kinda gives off the whole "she is looking for a rich guy" or "she is looking for a male model" kind of vibe.
What do you mean by acting entitled? Also, I have to say that this look is pretty rare where I live in New England. I actually don't see that many blondes. I think the look and the "entitled" behavior is regional. It seems to me that even many Americans have no idea that there are regions of the US which don't have the same culture as where they live.

Women in England and Australia, particularly in big cities, bleach their hair at a much higher rate than I have seen anywhere in the US, even in L.A.. It's a really obvious white-blonde, even on wealthier-looking women. And plenty of women in Europe act as obnoxious as any women in the US.

Last edited by cowbell76; 12-23-2013 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 09:41 AM

204 posts, read 309,862 times
Brunettes are usually sexier then blonds. IMO

Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Why would you want to be a redhead over a blonde?

Blondes are more preferred and treated better by society than redheads are.
I have had wife/GFs ranging from brunette to red. Brunette wife was down to earth and didn't think better of herself. Brunette GFs were the same...though some were stunners it didn't change their mindset.

Blonde GFs had a show dog atmosphere as in they were 'ON' at all times. One was vain to the point of having her own portrait painted to hang in her dressing room so she could see it in the mirror behind her. Others knew they were eye candy but didn't flaunt it. The blonds always had some lightener going on.

I had one redhead GF/fiance and yep, she was fiery. This was before women were expected to be completely hairless, still unnatural to me, and red was everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty