Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 09:24 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times

Advertisements

I would say 18 or 21...when they are actually women, not girls.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
UCK, I see nitwit Moms dressing their little girlies up like Tartlets......WTH is wrong with you!?!?!?!?!?

I guess they are trying to get them married off before they "plump up" like mom when she finally let herself go.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:17 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
There is a line between feminine and sexy. I see nothing wrong with young girls wearing pretty, comfortable, underwear, and most likely VS sells it.
Most mothers can tell the difference.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 873 times
I will explain one thing. Wearing thongs and such underwear at a young age teaches children that they're not comfortable with their body. It's not showing a positive message and in all honesty, thongs, makeup, hair dye, etc, should be out the hands of any minor unless an age where they understand what choices they're making and just not to show off to the nearest friend they get. That You'll see it coming, don't put a bad influence on your children. Nowadays, children are getting more and more influenced by their newest favorite youtuber, or tv star and this can be an impact on their decisions. After all, you do not know what will happen in school when you send them to school wearing their first "thong."

Old 12-24-2016, 10:57 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
I agree 18, or older!
There was a girl in the store yesterday with her parents, I was shocked, her shorts looked like boyshort underwear. Well think Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, those shorts only sheer and tight. They were also up her butt. Left nothing to the imagination, she might as well been wearing a thong.
My niece at 16 has thongs. Not good. She doesn't dress for her body type, she is really overweight but wears very skimpy clothes, She bent down and I mean everything showed, I am embarrassed for her. But she is insecure and desperate for attention and thinks dressing like that will make her cool and well-liked. A lot of girls that age want to be sexy, the whole "selfie" culture and I think it's sad... I hope she will mature out of this phase.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:03 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Sorry, but 15-17 year olds are more adult than child. Considering how many people people lose their virginity before they are 18 and at the very least have already hooked up to some degree (and those that haven't by then most certainly desire to), I'd say you are the one who is off base.

Society isn't pushing for the sexualization of *young adults, they do that all on their own. Because they are going through/are finished with puberty and are looking to mingle with the opposite sex. You can't suppress hormones, and your child will not like or respect you for trying.
That doesn't mean it's right, or it's OK, or that they are ready for it.
I think it's the other way around - media makes things look a certain way, and kids fall for it. Girls think they need to dress and pose sexy, wear skimpy stuff, guys like it, they have to hook up or they "aren't cool". The Kartrashians set the example and it's sad.
I would think, just because you say it, doesn't mean parents have to accept it. What is one to do? Oh well yeah most kids are doing it, so I'll let my 13 year old daughter wear thongs and have sex.
Wow..

Old 12-24-2016, 12:45 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I think it's the other way around - media makes things look a certain way, and kids fall for it. Girls think they need to dress and pose sexy, wear skimpy stuff, guys like it, they have to hook up or they "aren't cool". The Kartrashians set the example and it's sad.
I would think, just because you say it, doesn't mean parents have to accept it. What is one to do? Oh well yeah most kids are doing it, so I'll let my 13 year old daughter wear thongs and have sex.
Wow..
There is obviously a middle ground.

You grant some autonomy within your established boundaries - that is what it means to be a parent. Some may push those boundaries and make things hard for their parents but not all will. I wouldn't try to tell others what to do with their kids and I will do what I want with mine.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:02 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Wow..
This. The demand is media-driven. It also really depends on the girl. Some girls aren't into that stuff, in spite of being bombarded with it in the media.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:15 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Dressing sexy leads to sex. And sex leads to all sorts of trouble for young women. Me personally, as long as she was living in my home and I was supporting her, I would just say no. Plus I would try to use the time to impress upon her that classy is a much better look than tween hooker.

Several people mentioned thongs. I think they are just underwear. I wear them myself when I am wearing clothes that show panty lines. I don't think they are all that sexy.

And BTW, this thread is really old!

Old 12-24-2016, 04:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
If they're young enough that you have to "let" them, they're too young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty