Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 05:10 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

As a woman, I find it repulsive when a man is so lacking in confidence that he needs hair transplants or a toupee. It's icky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 07:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
As a woman, I find it repulsive when a man is so lacking in confidence that he needs hair transplants or a toupee. It's icky.
If your hair thinned out, wouldn't you wear a wig?

And, since men aren't really allowed to wear wigs, you can't think of reasons other than insecurity why a man would get a transplant? What if he looks much worse with for example his hair receded like Dave Matthews?

That said, I don't think men are avoiding transplants because women might then look down on them. After all, how would those women even find out?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.

Maybe they look like Yul Brynner.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Do you consider it repulsive and tacky when women decide to get breast implants?

Both are the same principles. Lack of breast size and thinning hair can affect one's self confidence and what not.

No need to judge others for what they choose to do to make themselves feel better.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:18 PM

I agree. Beyond that, a lack of confidence in a region of the body doesn't mean crippled by self-doubt. It can be a combination of slightly lower confidence, a modest objective decrease in attractiveness, and practical matters. Like small breasts can create fit problems, hair loss can create styling problems. Or maybe it's just perfectionism. What would a balding Patrick Bateman do?

Old 03-29-2015, 09:40 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That boggles my mind. You've never felt it was making you less attractive?
Just....wow.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:17 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
If it doesn't involve spending too much or instead of more important things, going despite the objections of a spouse, or (unfairly, I think) being ridiculed by important acquaintances or the public; it can only do tangible, lasting harm if the result looks ugly or unnatural, which I contend doesn't happen much these days.
But why would you want such vapid people in your life anyway?

If it takes getting hair transplants to keep you in my personal sphere, I don't want you in it anyway.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:44 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:

I never said women won't date balding guys, but virtually all of them would be more interested in the version of the man with a full head of hair.
You don't speak for ALL women.

I just reconnected with "the one who got away". He's lost most of his hair and I couldn't be more attracted to him. He's very fit and there's that same cute face I remember.

I'll consider myself the luckiest woman on the entire planet if this turns into a relationship. I intend to spoil him rotten. Not only do I love the way he looks now; I adore the person he is.

People like you miss everything.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 03-30-2015 at 04:04 AM..

Old 03-30-2015, 04:03 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

But why would you want such vapid people in your life anyway?

If it takes getting hair transplants to keep you in my personal sphere, I don't want you in it anyway.
I wish I could rep you again.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Classic City-Data, where people's words get distorted and anger is like a sport. This thread is about why more men don't get hair transplants; the focus should stay on that.

With that, I saw Tom Ford on TV yesterday. His hairline looked a little weird to me, like it's thick transplanted hairs. And still he looked good. It made me realize that some people can get away with fake-looking hair, and if hair looks fake, there's usually some way to fix or disguise it (even if someone runs out of hair to move around). I'm more convinced than ever that fear of an ugly or unnatural result shouldn't dissuade someone from a hair transplant; it will look better than being significantly bald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty