Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:00 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times

Advertisements

6' 173 lb guy "flaunting his wares" lol

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...7-133623-2.jpg

This is the bare minimum clothing I wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 11:45 PM

5 posts, read 4,111 times
I tend to agree with the OP. Some of the yoga pants or leggings I've seen women in are so revealing that they may as well be naked. So what you say? Well, I'm not a teenage boy anymore. I've seen plenty of naked women and I don't need to see the equivalent out and about in public. It's a distraction, everyone notices and everyone, tries NOT to look, except for teenagers and
pervy old guys. I have to wonder if some of these women check themselves in the mirror before leaving the house. From the sheer leggings to the huge butt cracks hanging out of jeans that don't fit right.

Most people would never go to work dressed like this (I think?) and I'm not saying we need workplace dress codes in society but doesn't society or public life at least deserve a fraction of the consideration and I guess decorum that is reserved for a workplace?
Do we need to see 3/4's of someone's butt hanging out of their jeans sitting in front of us while we try to eat lunch in an outdoor cafe? Do we need jogging shorts that are literally no different than underwear? When is enough enough?

Old 08-08-2015, 07:35 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Stacy London on "Love, Lust, or Run" just did a good makeover on a young-ish woman who was habitually flaunting. I'm sure people can view that somewhere.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:53 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
I ride around my neighborhood on my bike "flaunting my wares" daily while wearing a skirtini and bikini halter top. I have never had a single complaint or disapproving look, even from the very old ladies that live around here. I live in Florida and it makes sense to wear this both to get sun, or in case I get caught in a shower, which I often do.

I shall continue to "flaunt" - it's comfortable.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:36 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
I walked out onto my deck yesterday morning and straight into a huge spider web, which I entangled myself in. I flailed my arms and spun in a circle, and in doing so, I "flaunted my wares" because my too loose, baggy shorts slipped down to expose my butt crack quite a bit. I'm not sure if the neighbors saw me. But I'm pretty sure I heard the spider laughing.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:46 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I ride around my neighborhood on my bike "flaunting my wares" daily while wearing a skirtini and bikini halter top. I have never had a single complaint or disapproving look, even from the very old ladies that live around here. I live in Florida and it makes sense to wear this both to get sun, or in case I get caught in a shower, which I often do.

I shall continue to "flaunt" - it's comfortable.
Please do.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:41 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,519,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
And if less is left to the imagination, it's because you aren't very good at controlling your imagination.
If you're suggesting that this trend exists only in our imaginations, you're flat out wrong. Less is being left to imagination because less is being left to imagination. I don't criticize this trend in the least, because I think under most circumstances, outside professional settings, anyone ought to be able to wear as much or as little as one pleases. Most of America's population growth in recent decades has been in very HOT places. I've lived almost my whole life in warm climates and now I live in a hot inland climate. And I certainly understand why women, strongly encouraged culturally to do so, would want to wear skimpy clothing on a beach day, not just while on the sand itself, but from the time they leave the house and on through the rest of the day. (Substitute other activities for "beach" as desired.) As a male I wish to God we had the same liberty, but however much you might think we do, we don't.

I have a lot more to say on this but it would be best saved for a thread of its own.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody1 View Post
I think males can go shirtless because females are not visual like males.
But we can't go shirtless really. It's not like we can go about town shirtless on our days off, or obtain service at a restaurant, aside from something on the level of a boardwalk snack bar.

At home, of course is different, but I don't think that really counts.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Chris Rock tells a joke about that. Briefly, if he were to walk around wearing a police uniform, he would not be surprised if someone runs up to him calling for help to stop a crime in progress. In the same way, if a woman wears a "prostitute's uniform," she might not be a prostitute, but she should not be surprised if someone mistakes her for one.
The analogy doesn't stand up entirely. A police uniform is, for all practical purposes, always a police uniform, at all times, anywhere. While I can't look into Chris Rock's mind and know exactly what he meant by a "prostitute's uniform", I would be willing to bet that it's a perfect example of the "where she wears it" principle. A women in a halter top and ultra short Daisy Dukes seen walking alone about midnight, along certain stretches of Van Nuys Boulevard, might be a prostitute. But a woman seen wearing essentially the same outfit to a baseball game, or the beach, or the local supermarket on a hot August afternoon, not so much.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:03 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
The analogy doesn't stand up entirely. A police uniform is, for all practical purposes, always a police uniform, at all times, anywhere. While I can't look into Chris Rock's mind and know exactly what he meant by a "prostitute's uniform", I would be willing to bet that it's a perfect example of the "where she wears it" principle. A women in a halter top and ultra short Daisy Dukes seen walking alone about midnight, along certain stretches of Van Nuys Boulevard, might be a prostitute. But a woman seen wearing essentially the same outfit to a baseball game, or the beach, or the local supermarket on a hot August afternoon, not so much.
And "where she wears it" was my first comment in this thread. As I said before, there has always been scanty women's clothing, and there have always been women wearing scanty clothing, but these days more women seem to be more oblivious as to where they wear scanty clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty