Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 PM

148 posts, read 136,520 times

Advertisements

I think more and more women think that home clothes are "fashionable" and look good to be wearing outside. In college, I see many girls wearing lounge shorts to school. It looks like they just woke up and then went straight to school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 09:45 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
If you're suggesting that this trend exists only in our imaginations, you're flat out wrong. Less is being left to imagination because less is being left to imagination. I don't criticize this trend in the least, because I think under most circumstances, outside professional settings, anyone ought to be able to wear as much or as little as one pleases. Most of America's population growth in recent decades has been in very HOT places. I've lived almost my whole life in warm climates and now I live in a hot inland climate. And I certainly understand why women, strongly encouraged culturally to do so, would want to wear skimpy clothing on a beach day, not just while on the sand itself, but from the time they leave the house and on through the rest of the day. (Substitute other activities for "beach" as desired.) As a male I wish to God we had the same liberty, but however much you might think we do, we don't.

I have a lot more to say on this but it would be best saved for a thread of its own.
Populating shifting toward warmer climates (along with global warming) - I've long believed that too. On top of that, women seem to be more temperature-sensitive than men. However, unless it's over 90 or so, clothes do not have to be skimpy to be comfortable. Clearly, in warm weather, many women aren't in very revealing clothing. "Comfort" as usual when it comes to style seems to be used as an excuse. Somebody in the media ought to come out with an article or report on how to dress inexpensively and comfortably for summer in clothes that don't look trashy.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post
I think more and more women think that home clothes are "fashionable" and look good to be wearing outside. In college, I see many girls wearing lounge shorts to school. It looks like they just woke up and then went straight to school
Oh, you mean like the boys do?

Old 08-14-2015, 11:08 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Two wrongs don't make a right, and I think most young men, at least the non-poor, dressed properly (stuffily, frankly) until the 1960's.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:10 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
I haven't read the whole thread....but what abt the guys, young boys, who wear their pants down to their knees w/their boxers and ALL that hanging out! I cannot stand that. I want to say something so bad, but i'm afraid they'll turn around and shoot me!

Old 08-14-2015, 12:43 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I haven't read the whole thread....but what abt the guys, young boys, who wear their pants down to their knees w/their boxers and ALL that hanging out! I cannot stand that. I want to say something so bad, but i'm afraid they'll turn around and shoot me!
I despise the look at all myself, but they are still only showing fabric--often expensive fabric--and not not flesh.

And it's usually pretty clear they're not "strapped."

Old 08-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Oh, you mean like the boys do?
At least men are honest - they know what their wearing is slobby. Meanwhile, for women, they think its proper and insist or else you are "**** shaming".

I saw a young lady walking with a tshirt and panty in Santa Barbara. Ive never seen a man walking with a shirt and boxers downtown. They will be arrested. Women should be held at the same standards as men. If they are walking downtown in their underwear, they should be arrested for indecency.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:11 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post
At least men are honest - they know what their wearing is slobby. Meanwhile, for women, they think its proper and insist or else you are "**** shaming".

I saw a young lady walking with a tshirt and panty in Santa Barbara. Ive never seen a man walking with a shirt and boxers downtown. They will be arrested. Women should be held at the same standards as men. If they are walking downtown in their underwear, they should be arrested for indecency.
I have seen men wearing boxers as shorts in college. Young people do odd thing sometimes. I've even seen boys wearing boxers to swim in public.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I have seen men wearing boxers as shorts in college. Young people do odd thing sometimes. I've even seen boys wearing boxers to swim in public.
You cant distinguish a trunk or speedo from a regular underwear boxer? Guess what..women wear bras and bikinis to the beach (disguised as "swimwear"). But funny thing, you mentioned beach, i mentioned about seeing a girl walking in panties in downtown... and not getting arrested. Men who would dare walk around boxer/briefs will be jailed for indecency

Laws have been made against those "pants on the knees", but there are no laws against womens butt cracks showing from their pants or with their **** almost falling off their shirts...(in casual situation. Job etiquettes not included)

Women just complain too much eitherway Complain that society does not find them attractive, complains if society looks at theie beauty.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:47 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
My mom's weird neighbor was walking around naked yesterday. He has snake tattoos all over. He was really flaunting those old wares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty