Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 08:21 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times

Advertisements

https://hackspirit.com/small-boobs-h...ng-to-science/

Old 01-05-2020, 09:18 PM

5,764 posts, read 11,373,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Implants & surgery have come a long way in 20 yrs....BUT....why did she go to Mexico to have it done?
She lived in Mexico for a large part of her life, including the time that the implants were done. She did not go to Mexico to have the surgery, she was living there at the time. It was done by a high quality practice in Guadalajara, probably better than would be available to most people in the USA aside from those that live in a few select large metro areas. She has lived here in Tucson about 15 years.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:51 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Yes, men like ALL boobs. Women know that. No one has to do a research project to figure that out LOL.

Women don't get implants for men.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:56 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
I am sorry to hear that and would explain why someone would become self-conscious about their appearance.
Actually it did not make *me* self-conscious at all. The bullying contributed to making me a more independent and secure person, in fact. That wasn't my point.

My point was that it happens. You stated that you had never heard of it. But it happened to me. I was bullied, verbally and physically, repeatedly, by a gang of girls, in school.

Different people react differently of course. I was a very strong person, even at a young age. Thank goodness.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:21 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes, men like ALL boobs. Women know that. No one has to do a research project to figure that out LOL.

Lol....yes.......

Old 01-13-2020, 08:37 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
My wife works in the biz. They do quite a bit of counseling with the patient prior to any surgery. My wife went the opposite direction had a reduction. Saddest day of my life, still trying to cope.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:07 AM

3,144 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Actually it did not make *me* self-conscious at all. The bullying contributed to making me a more independent and secure person, in fact. That wasn't my point.

My point was that it happens. You stated that you had never heard of it. But it happened to me. I was bullied, verbally and physically, repeatedly, by a gang of girls, in school.

Different people react differently of course. I was a very strong person, even at a young age. Thank goodness.
I didn't state that it didn't happen. I stated that I never experienced it and my statement was a rebuttal to a previous post by TashaPosh about bullying by women (see post below). Another poster stated that she did not experience bullying either. So were we sheltered or are we more representative of most women? My point was that such generalizations about "other women" is inaccurate. Context is everything.

This is what I am struggling with understanding and i went to an all girls school. There wasn't any teasing at all about a girl's physical appearance.

You must be sheltered...........breasts....lips.....weight.... ......too much....too little.......too insecure.......too stupid...........other women are the worst critics of us when it comes to breast implants IMO & sometimes they even pretend to be your friend while they do the "stabbing"...........

Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Be careful of erroneous assumptions. Maybe some women do get implants for men. Certainly the reasons will vary and this will determine whether the implant was a "success story". It's not just about medical issues and physical results but what were the woman's expectations going in and the desired outcomes. Did the implant have the desired outcome?

Last edited by Maddie104; 01-15-2020 at 08:48 AM..

Old 01-15-2020, 12:12 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
I didn't state that it didn't happen. I stated that I never experienced it and my statement was a rebuttal to a previous post by TashaPosh about bullying by women (see post below). Another poster stated that she did not experience bullying either. So were we sheltered or are we more representative of most women? My point was that such generalizations about "other women" is inaccurate. Context is everything.

This is what I am struggling with understanding and i went to an all girls school. There wasn't any teasing at all about a girl's physical appearance.

You must be sheltered...........breasts....lips.....weight.... ......too much....too little.......too insecure.......too stupid...........other women are the worst critics of us when it comes to breast implants IMO & sometimes they even pretend to be your friend while they do the "stabbing"...........

What school we went to really has nothing to do with it tho when I'm really talking about the internet...& adults too...which is worse. Is anybody that edit: "sheltered" with the internet?

If you look at You Tube channels where somebody has a lower neckline on a tee or some cleavage is visible......you'll see all the mean stuff about their breasts & a good majority of the negative stuff is from other women. It's everywhere online.......& it *always comes up* with the topic of breast implants or breasts. I've had it happen to me...& my friend from my O.P. that looks amazing....has to. You don't have to have implants.......you just have to have breasts & be on the internet............& if you had a successful breast implant surgery it's 100 times worse IMO..........

Last edited by TashaPosh; 01-15-2020 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-15-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
What school we went to really has nothing to do with it tho when I'm really talking about the internet...& adults too...which is worse. Is anybody that edit: "sheltered" with the internet?

If you look at You Tube channels where somebody has a lower neckline on a tee or some cleavage is visible......you'll see all the mean stuff about their breasts & a good majority of the negative stuff is from other women. It's everywhere online.......& it *always comes up* with the topic of breast implants or breasts. I've had it happen to me...& my friend from my O.P. that looks amazing....has to. You don't have to have implants.......you just have to have breasts & be on the internet............& if you had a successful breast implant surgery it's 100 times worse IMO..........
So the audience you are referring to is the "You Tube" channels? That explains a lot. I repeat, do not make erroneous assumptions about all women. Furthermore, women who choose to make negative comments on the internet do not represent all women. I would suggest they represent a small subset of the female population. This is the very concern I have. People making comments on You Tube or other internet forums distort reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.