Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2022, 07:33 PM

689 posts, read 638,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
...Just imagine all the snot on those things day after day.
This. I have allergies too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 08:18 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Being a bit of a smartass here, but in 2022, there's disinfectant and hand sanitizer around every corner almost. It's easier to keep one's hands clean now, more so than ever before.
I don't think you're being a smartass at all. What you said is true. The problem is that too many people just skip the sanitizer even when it's right in front of them. One of my doctors has it for the patients right at the front desk with a sign asking patients to please use the sanitizer before signing in. It gets ignored quite often.

Old 10-19-2022, 08:45 PM

2,215 posts, read 1,321,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Someone upthread mentioned the nasal cavities being an area that contains some nasty stuff like viruses, bacteria, germs, etc.
When I see someone with a nose ring, I think that they probably need to adjust it or touch it during the day without being able to wash their hands afterwards. It reminds me of someone blowing their nose and not washing their hands afterwards.

I know it could just be perception on my part, but that's what comes to mind. It seems like an unsanitary way to express yourself.
Would wearing a Copper Septum Nose Ring kills germs inside the nostrils or prevent them from entering through the nose?

https://creatrixsolutions.com/shop/n...tum-nose-ring/

Old 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
A small stud doesn't bother me but when I see a nose ring the first thing I think of is being led around by it like some rancher's prized Hereford bull. Not exactly my idea of sophistication. Either that or I'm tempted to offer them a hanky to wipe away a drip.
Bingo, on both accounts.

Old 10-19-2022, 09:56 PM

4,200 posts, read 4,451,892 times
Any overtly attention getting facial piercing is unappealing to me. Subtle little things like a stud may be tolerable if the rest of said wearer is attractive, but generally all except for ears seem disconcerting to me. I am glad they feel good enough to telegraph aspects of their taste in aesthetics in relation to their own face.

I do recall years ago meeting and flirting with a fine looking woman who had a few facial piercings but I was so enamored with her goddess like body within its fine accoutrements that I didn't really care. Plus she initiated the conversation, so I guess I was flattered enough to over ride the 'metal' content as a turnoff. I think she was trying to make someone else at the particular event jealous, and I was working at the time, so I never followed up. She was one of those healthy hearty earthy types who gave off the "sex is like an amusement park ride" vibe.

One positive of piercings, is that they can provide an easy way to get information one may be seeking, a la, Mel Gibson trying to recover his share of the heist money in the movie Payback.

Old 10-20-2022, 04:10 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Would wearing a Copper Septum Nose Ring kills germs inside the nostrils or prevent them from entering through the nose?

https://creatrixsolutions.com/shop/n...tum-nose-ring/
Interesting article. If the copper has a practical use like filtering out pathogens I might view the "look" a little differently.

Old 10-20-2022, 05:02 AM

2,045 posts, read 783,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I'm starting to see well dressed women usually younger than 35 with a nose piercing and it's just so unappealing. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder and trends always change over time. I find the trend of dressing well and nose piercing to be very unappealing and distracting.

1st of all, facial beauty is all about symmetry. If you have one bigger ear ring on one ear, it looks off.

Having nose piercing is like having a shiny pimple next to the nose.

What do yall think about it?
If the girl is hot, I'm all for it. If she's an uggo or a blob, it makes her look like she's given up.

Old 10-20-2022, 05:14 AM

9,411 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I'm male, have had sinus issues forever, and had sinus cancer a while back, and have to use a sinus rinse to clean out my nose. When I see a nose piercing, the only thing I can think of is how much that would irritate the inside of the nose, and feel like there's a chunk of dried mucus stuck there.
Yes indeed. When will we begin to see eye piercings or throat piercings?

I think these trends are stupid and pathetic. Not to mention there's nothing more appealing than a drying booger swinging around on that nose trapeze. Very chic.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:44 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,046,770 times
gotta agree on the small round studs looking like a pimple, esp. in photos or from a distance. They do the same thing with the chin/lower lip studs.

Other than that, I don't really think or care about other people's piercings. If you find nose piercings gross, do NOT look up piercings as a category on Wikipedia. Nose piercings are white-bread compared to some of these.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:05 AM

253 posts, read 190,613 times
Unpopular opinion time...

I equate nose rings, non-ear piercings and sleeve tats (or various tats located on arms, shoulders, thigs, etc.) on females the same way as I view tongue piercings: a sign of "loose moral standards".

Back in the day, if you wanted to find a woman to hookup with, find one who smoked. Nowadays, find a woman with the characteristics I've mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty