Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
what??? Of course that happens!!! LMAO!!! You know, it's like when they use that rod thing to check if you are carrying any weapons in to the interview.....
oh heaven forbid,
how could i forget that?
wow im slipping these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Eh, I was hired at the BEST job I've ever had and accidentally flashed my tattoos in the interview. My boss actually likes my tattoos and thinks they're interesting... and I work with very very wealthy clients on a daily basis. I've never regretted getting any of my tattoos done.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
That's a cool story, JetJockey. It's nice to see bosses that are so progressive.

I love my tattoo and have never regretted it either.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I was hired at the BEST job I've ever had and accidentally flashed my tattoos in the interview. My boss actually likes my tattoos and thinks they're interesting... and I work with very very wealthy clients on a daily basis. I've never regretted getting any of my tattoos done.
When I was young and worked at the best place I have ever worked, I was close to the owner and manager, and I got my tattoo when I was working with them. They were fine with it. It was when I worked at a high end mens clothing store too. No one cared. I dressed CEO's....hell, I had the CEO of EA Sports in there regularly.....

Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
When I was young and worked at the best place I have ever worked, I was close to the owner and manager, and I got my tattoo when I was working with them. They were fine with it. It was when I worked at a high end mens clothing store too. No one cared. I dressed CEO's....hell, I had the CEO of EA Sports in there regularly.....

Yep! We fly all kinds of CEOs, celebrities and whatnots around on our private jets and I have yet to meet one person who has even looked at me funny because of my rather large tattoos. My doctor is covered in tattoos too

Old 02-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep! We fly all kinds of CEOs, celebrities and whatnots around on our private jets and I have yet to meet one person who has even looked at me funny because of my rather large tattoos. My doctor is covered in tattoos too
yeah there are many professionals who are covered! People have no idea....lol

Old 02-13-2009, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,926 times
Personally I think tattoos are beautiful its like turning your body into your own personal scrapbook, all i ever heard from my parents were your gonna regret it later. I consider and reconsider everything i do to my body. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. You can either blend in or stand out make a choice.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
They get all blurry and faded.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
They get all blurry and faded.
Not true...I have one that is 20+ years old, and still looks like it did when I got it....

Also its' not like you can't get them touched up....just like anything else, maintenance......

Old 02-15-2009, 07:53 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,265 times
My brother had some done while in high school and beyond, and he regrets them all now. His life is entirely different than it was and he wishes he could afford the laser treatments to remove them. Some are tiny, like the initials of his old band on his thigh, and some are huge, like the huge jungle theme on his entire other thigh, nothing gory, just not him anymore. He is also a mechanic, so he doesn't dislike them because of work intolerance or anthing.

My husband wants to get a tattoo...and probably will, of the American flag, or a Maltese cross, most likely on his upper arm. I don't care if he gets one or not, as long as he gets it done at a safe place.

For me, I just don't get the appeal. It's like a piece of jewelry you can never take off. Back in college, I really liked heart shaped jewelry. Now I hate heart shaped jewelry. What if I had a whole bunch of hearts tattooed on me? Yuck. I'd be stuck with them. I also can't stand the tattoos called "tramp stamps"...it's hard to see a tattoo on a woman's lower back and not think of that term...so why would a woman want one and get herself labelled that way? I know it's a stereotype, but still...I hope my daughter doesn't want one in another few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty