Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
I am a professional thought not so young (42). I have a tatoo on my right leg. It symbolizes a huge turning point in my life. It is not so much to make me feel beautiful and it is tasteful- ageless IMO. It is not huge. I do not regret getting it at all and I've had it about 5 years and it still looks brand new. If it ever gets faded I'll just get it re-inked. It is not in an area that will distort with aging. I was very careful and put a lot of thought into it before I got it.

Well thought out tattoos are wonderful. Especially ones that signify a change in your life. Yes, some people will regret their tattoos and those are most likely the ones who got them as a trend, not those that know famous tattoo artists by name and go to conventions and enter competitions. I didn't get a tattoo to be 'trendy', in fact I wish less people had tattoos because it lumps me into the category of those who have tribal armbands to look 'tough'. I guess getting tattoos came naturally to me, I grew up with biker/cowboy parents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Grafitti...vandalism...

that's all it is.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
I just don't get the whole...my body is covered with this stuff. I just think that what some of these people are thinking in their 20's will come back to haunt them at 40. most are not attractive.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 AM

733 posts, read 1,928,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I just don't get the whole...my body is covered with this stuff. I just think that what some of these people are thinking in their 20's will come back to haunt them at 40. most are not attractive.
you are right, you don't get it. because I am 40+ and just got a half sleeve done.......

Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
you are right, you don't get it. because I am 40+ and just got a half sleeve done.......

Awesome! I have...well... sort of a 3/4 sleeve. I'm doing it bit by bit so I've got some on the outside of my upper arm, my entire forearm and part of my shoulder. Eventually it will come together though My dad is turning 48 in July and he plans on getting his whole upper back done sometime next year.

I dont' expect anyone to 'understand' why I got tattoos. It's my decision and I'm quite happy with it

Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Awesome! I have...well... sort of a 3/4 sleeve. I'm doing it bit by bit so I've got some on the outside of my upper arm, my entire forearm and part of my shoulder. Eventually it will come together though My dad is turning 48 in July and he plans on getting his whole upper back done sometime next year.

I dont' expect anyone to 'understand' why I got tattoos. It's my decision and I'm quite happy with it

My sleeve is actually just the beginning..... I just finished one half sleeve, have begun the other half sleeve, and will have my back done after that. It's been in the works for a long time......

It's good to pace yourself....a little at a time...

Go Dad! ...Does he already know what he's getting?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post

My sleeve is actually just the beginning..... I just finished one half sleeve, have begun the other half sleeve, and will have my back done after that. It's been in the works for a long time......

It's good to pace yourself....a little at a time...

Go Dad! ...Does he already know what he's getting?
Yeah, he wants a motorcycle (his harley ), with a pinup girl (for me, I was a pinup model for a while) and somehow incorporate a skull with wrenches instead of crossbones, since he's a mechanic. I'm also getting a skull and wrenches to match him, since I have a very stereotypical MOM tattoo on my arm that was kind of a joke, but I love it all the same. How bout you, do you have a theme?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, he wants a motorcycle (his harley ), with a pinup girl (for me, I was a pinup model for a while) and somehow incorporate a skull with wrenches instead of crossbones, since he's a mechanic. I'm also getting a skull and wrenches to match him, since I have a very stereotypical MOM tattoo on my arm that was kind of a joke, but I love it all the same. How bout you, do you have a theme?
Cool

well my left arm is a couple with amaryllis flowers above them on my and flanked on each side by vines. ( the couple is representative of me and him husband) and the amaryllis was because my dad use to say I ran around the house "half naked" and the amaryllis is also known as "the naked lady"

My right arm is a female Phoenix with a moon and stars. She represents the the many stages of my life, (single, married, mother, etc...) each being a sort of "rebirth" of each stage on my life's journey...

My back is going to be like a mural of many different images representing many different things.....

Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM

128 posts, read 403,360 times
The OP was talking about huge tattoos all over their body.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
Apparently Jesse James past ex wives and lovers think tattoos are hot, sexy and beautiful. LOL! YUK !!!!

* 1, 2 even 3 are ok, but those girls are covered *
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty