Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:06 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times

Advertisements

The only difference in terms is in who is selling what to who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 06:55 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Is that an old pic of Crystal? Because I've recently seen editorials and ads with her in them and she looked a lot thinner.
Oh really? Perhaps it is I dunno honestly or maybe she was thinner and put on a little weight for Mad Men. I had read some articles that said they encourage the woman on that show to have alittle something something if u know what I mean but I can't be certain. Either way I think she looks good in that pic lol

edit
here's her at the 2011 Emmys.. I think she looks about the same but I dunno what do ya think? (I think her shoes look REALLY uncomfortable!)

Old 10-02-2011, 09:10 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Oh really? Perhaps it is I dunno honestly or maybe she was thinner and put on a little weight for Mad Men. I had read some articles that said they encourage the woman on that show to have alittle something something if u know what I mean but I can't be certain. Either way I think she looks good in that pic lol

edit
here's her at the 2011 Emmys.. I think she looks about the same but I dunno what do ya think? (I think her shoes look REALLY uncomfortable!)

That was Christina...not Crystal.

Fashion Foie Gras: Crystal Renn walks the catwalk in the wrong Mark Fast designs

However, those ^^ pics above are from over a year ago. She's lost the weight now.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:

edit

I wanna take a bite

Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Mad Men's producers try to make the show as true to the time period as possible, even down to checking to see what the weather was like on a specific days. So going by that, women in the 1960s of the middle and upper-middle classes did not go to gyms or really exercise on purpose. So for the show, any housewife or office worker with a six-pack or a fake tan or visible arm muscles would be an anachronism.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times

Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy anne View Post
thick = she can sit on your lap, and you can still walk afterwards.
Plus size can sit on your lap, but your thighs take awhile to rerout the nerve endings.
Full figured she sits on your lap, but within 10 seconds, you are flattened face up into the couch, she's suffocating you, and all you can say is "hwlp me. Mwfkllfwtz. I can't bweeve. Oooof"
bwahahaha!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
In reference to SweetBottoms post #86 - I'll take "Average", "Atheletic", "Hourglass" and "Sexy Toy" please. "Buff" and "Pear Shaped" can come to providing that buff is still feminine and Pear Shaped doesnt have flat booty.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
"Average" looks the same as "Pear" in the figures other than the breast!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:17 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:

edit

Geez, can Christina Hendricks wear a dress without pushing her breasts directly underneath her chin? They just end up looking like bowling balls strapped to her chest. She's lucky to have such a defined shape at that size, but I would not want her body, I would feel so big all over.

And Crystal Renn is back to a size 2. She's getting a lot of criticism for it but is also booking more jobs. I don't know if she played the system, has an eating problem, or if she really lost the weight through natural non-dieting means but I do know that one eyebrow is always cocked above the other and it really freaks me out.

Here's a before and after. I don't know why they chose the most unflattering photo of her at her larger weight because there are plenty of lovely photos of her as a plus size, but I will say that a better, perhaps thinner body would have been more appealing in that particular dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty