Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:43 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,316 times

Advertisements

A lot of women dress like hoes these days and then wonder why the "creeps" are staring at them - like - duh -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hmm, seems like there's an ulterior motive here of some sorts. I can't imagine my 40 something year old husband asking such a question under the fashion section of a forum. I'm glad my 2 daughters were older before the short bandaid skirts of today. As a parent I certainly wouldn't let my kid wear something that could blow up in the wind etc and reveal it all. Goodness I used to require my kids to wear shorts under their dresses if they were shorter, when they were grade schoolers There was a guy coined "the mall rapist" in my town. He cruised the mall shooting footage of young girls, actually stalked them without them being aware and committed many rapes. Turns out he had a wife and a young daugther at home. Scary these days to say the least.
Seriously? Is this how scared of the shadows American society is today? Someone can't even ask an honest question about a societal shift without being likened to a rapist?!?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 AM

5 posts, read 7,341 times
I think women have become more open minded when it comes to what they wear. For me this is a good thing because for me fashion is fun and it does not only end in just looking fab and stuff like that but actually helps women with their esteem and add "oomph" to themselves. I have seen so many fashion blogs on fashionable women who really feels good with themselves.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:53 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,612 times
To me, it's getting better on how women are dressing these days. It's getting so much better. The blouses and shirts are cute and pretty and do cover very well (where it needs to be covered). The jeans look more comfortable nowadays to wear anywhere now.

I thank God that the midriff showing type shirts are gone (or at least you hardly ever see it these days). I had enough of that, personally. It was getting too juvenile looking to me. I know, I'm guilty also, I used to wear navel-midriff showing type tank tops and stuff (I quit that about 4 years ago though). But I'm glad I had the nerve to get away from that fad.

And I like that jeans are getting back to the "normal" look again. I got sick of low-riders anymore and the "ripped up" look.

These are just 2 fashions that I'm glad went out of style (well, some women still wear them). Boy, the late 90's to 2005 was really rough for us women. I'm glad it's over now!!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
And I like that jeans are getting back to the "normal" look again. I got sick of low-riders anymore and the "ripped up" look.

These are just 2 fashions that I'm glad went out of style (well, some women still wear them).
I'll never wear waist-high jeans again. I can't stand them - all of my jeans - including my brand new ones, are lower rise. I think they'll be a staple in the jeans offerings, for good.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,612 times
I prefer waist high these days, because I don't exactly have a 24-25 inch waist anymore (more toward 28-29 these days) and the waist high kind make me look 2-3 inches smaller there. Don't get me wrong, I still workout and keep in shape. It's just age coming in and I just don't believe in starving oneself to stay in shape (I used to).

I used to hate them too, back when I was smaller (125-130 lbs. and a 25 inch waist) and would wear low-riders all the time. But they don't like staying up when I sit down. So, I have gone to waist high types these days (they stay put when you sit down).

Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You think its funny to creep out girls young enough to be your daughter? Because trust me...there is no 39 that does not look old to that age.
They dress to attract attention--and then question why they're getting attention? Really?

If they thought the guy was hot, then they wouldn't mind at all. But it's on display for EVERYONE to see.

Last edited by TKramar; 10-30-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,701,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
These are just 2 fashions that I'm glad went out of style (well, some women still wear them). Boy, the late 90's to 2005 was really rough for us women. I'm glad it's over now!!

There is one fashion statement I can't stand now, and that's those horrible big bug looking sunglasses.......WHY????

Old 10-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Seriously? Is this how scared of the shadows American society is today? Someone can't even ask an honest question about a societal shift without being likened to a rapist?!?
Really......and I even mentioned about having a friendly informative conversation about it.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpyoyo View Post
I think women have become more open minded when it comes to what they wear. For me this is a good thing because for me fashion is fun and it does not only end in just looking fab and stuff like that but actually helps women with their esteem and add "oomph" to themselves. I have seen so many fashion blogs on fashionable women who really feels good with themselves.
I understand that. My wife has lost close to 40 pounds since this summer and looks............WONDERFUL. I can see her esteem go up as she tries on smaller sizes etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty