Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM

737 posts, read 1,649,527 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Orlando and me and my friends didn't dress inappropriately ourselves but I have seen those who did there. I don't see alot of it now adays and it shocks me being in a smaller town for so long. One of my sister kids was down from Orlando and wearing shorts and they got upset because they said they were to short. I was like excuse me those are not short. They were normal shorts not short shorts. I have a few pair of shorts that are normal cut and yes I have worn them not often but I have worn them. I have always been careful not to wear my shorts to short or my dress/skirts.

However I did buy a skirt not long ago and when ever the wind would blow that thing would fly up and it was a long skirt also. I am thinking about adding some weights at the bottom of the hem. We are talking long to the ankles.

I remember being shocked when those girls were selling hot dogs in t-back bikini's I am so glad they outlawed those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 PM

737 posts, read 1,649,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountry View Post
Allow me to address this, seeing as I am a detective and the very thing I do is work with rape/sexual assault victims.

How a woman is dressed is the least thing that has to do with rape and sexual assaults. A lot of it is a power thing, the ability to control your victim. For some it's pysch issues involving whatever screwed up issues they have going on in their head concerning sex/women, whatever. And a lot of these sickos can commit these crimes based on opportunity.

A couple serious rapes that occurred over the summer, the victims were NOT dressed provocatively at all. Heck, they weren't even all that attractive, if you really want to know. You just dont understand that rape is about so much more than how someone is dressed. Trust me.
How very very true. It has nothing to do with a way a woman dresses. But she should try to be decent when dressing.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:38 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
WALMART and the Jerry Springer Generation

Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,706,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
..imo girls can dress how they want....we deal with enough bs anyway....

Absoloutley wear what you want.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,605 times
Oh well o like retro girls, they look misterious, i'm attracted, they make me want to discover there..... So I'm glad lots of girl prefer 50s fashion for example

Old 11-15-2009, 02:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashion View Post
Oh well o like retro girls, they look misterious, i'm attracted, they make me want to discover there..... So I'm glad lots of girl prefer 50s fashion for example
That's what I prefer Of course, at work I wear dickies and polo shirts... it's not practical to get dressed up when I sit in an aircraft hangar all day. Sometimes I wish I had a job where I could dress up every day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty