Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Just like the title says, I'd like to know some of your thoughts and opinions on how women dress these days. My general feeling is that I am amazed on a daily basis on what I see (literally), particularly with younger women from early teens through mid twenties.

I work with the public on a daily basis and see girls in groups together and with their families. I particularly find it hard to believe how parents allow their early teen girls dress, specifically in low cut tops showing cleavage and skirts and unbelievably short shorts.

I'd also like to from girls in this age group and what your thoughts are pertaining to what kind of reaction you expect by dressing in this manner, what input, if any your parents have on how you dress, and how you feel about the attention you get.

Disclaimer...........I am a happily married man with a beautiful wife, so don't take this as anything else other than a general interest in to the mentality of how and why women dress the way they do today. More than anything, I will turn 40 next year and am starting to feel that feeling where you kind of start shaking your head at the world around you, in disbelief.

Thanks for any friendly and insightful conversation.
Hmm, seems like there's an ulterior motive here of some sorts. I can't imagine my 40 something year old husband asking such a question under the fashion section of a forum. I'm glad my 2 daughters were older before the short bandaid skirts of today. As a parent I certainly wouldn't let my kid wear something that could blow up in the wind etc and reveal it all. Goodness I used to require my kids to wear shorts under their dresses if they were shorter, when they were grade schoolers There was a guy coined "the mall rapist" in my town. He cruised the mall shooting footage of young girls, actually stalked them without them being aware and committed many rapes. Turns out he had a wife and a young daugther at home. Scary these days to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I dress like a vamp from the 50s.
A Daddy-O's 50s Retro Rockabilly and Stop Staring Clothing Swing Dresses, Tops, Separates, Capris, 50's Clothes, Saddle Shoes and Vintage Inspired Fashion.

I've never understood why girls wear tight fitting tops and skirts that show off the vajayjay. But, to each their own. I have giant boobs and long legs so nomatter what I wear, I'll be considered a wh*re.

I don't think this style suits me at all but I think it is a really fun look and I like it just not on me

Old 10-27-2009, 09:08 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,705,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hmm, seems like there's an ulterior motive here of some sorts. I can't imagine my 40 something year old husband asking such a question under the fashion section of a forum.
Sorry to disappoint, no other motive than to ask.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:04 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Just like the title says, I'd like to know some of your thoughts and opinions on how women dress these days. My general feeling is that I am amazed on a daily basis on what I see (literally), particularly with younger women from early teens through mid twenties.

I work with the public on a daily basis and see girls in groups together and with their families. I particularly find it hard to believe how parents allow their early teen girls dress, specifically in low cut tops showing cleavage and skirts and unbelievably short shorts.

I'd also like to from girls in this age group and what your thoughts are pertaining to what kind of reaction you expect by dressing in this manner, what input, if any your parents have on how you dress, and how you feel about the attention you get.

Disclaimer...........I am a happily married man with a beautiful wife, so don't take this as anything else other than a general interest in to the mentality of how and why women dress the way they do today. More than anything, I will turn 40 next year and am starting to feel that feeling where you kind of start shaking your head at the world around you, in disbelief.

Thanks for any friendly and insightful conversation.
I'm a parent, but I have only a son. If I DID have a daughter, no, she'd not be attired in the hooker outfits I see so many in now. I fully fault the parents for this. Either they are too lazy to be a parent, or the mother is more concerned with living vicariously through her daughter. I wouldn't even let my son hang out with a chick that dressed like that. No flippin' way.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
Besides the sluts you have to deal with the muffin top girls and the fat ones who show all their belly fat. That'll make you want to skip lunch.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Besides the sluts you have to deal with the muffin top girls and the fat ones who show all their belly fat. That'll make you want to skip lunch.

That's hilarious! Definitely a lot of women out there showing things I'd rather not see!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm a parent, but I have only a son. If I DID have a daughter, no, she'd not be attired in the hooker outfits I see so many in now. I fully fault the parents for this. Either they are too lazy to be a parent, or the mother is more concerned with living vicariously through her daughter. I wouldn't even let my son hang out with a chick that dressed like that. No flippin' way.
That was one of my main reasons for posting this, but a lot of the girls I see are dressed like this in the pressence of at least one if not both parents.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post

Well now Charles you could certainly stand to drop quite a lot of weight so this works out rather well for you doesnit it

Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I don't see too many girls dressed like mini-hookers. Maybe it's just where I go or who I'm looking at. I know many gals DO dress trashy when they go out clubbing or to the bars but I don't go to those places myself. And I'm not appalled as much as embarassed for them for thinking they look good that way. I think those gals should be forced to watch themselves on video, from all sides, completely sober.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't see too many girls dressed like mini-hookers.
I don't think girls dress like hookers, but it sure isn't modest either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty