Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
Great post OceanDreams on updating your time in Palm Coast. We have been here many years and also love it. New theatre is great and it's nice having our own radio station that supports the community with special events.

"If" we get any fallout from the oil spill I'm sure you'll want to volunteer along with the rest of us to help clean the beaches.
YES I will be a part of the clean up for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,142 times
Default re: Palm Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Hi everyone, for those who have been keeping up with my past posts on moving to Palm Coast and for anyone curious about moving here...I thought it was just about time for my yearly update.

It's hard to believe that we have been living here in Palm Coast, FL for 3 years now. We are still happy here for the most part. Palm Coast is still a pretty nice place to live, and is not as crime-filled as some tend to think. Most people here are pleasant, at least in my neighborhood. Maybe we have just been lucky.

It would be nice to see the Town Center be completed but that is probably a long way off. I believe we are supposed to be getting a second Wal-Mart and we really need another one, and hopefully it will open soon. I am not sure how far along the construction process is.

The weather is hot and humid but we like it that way!

Palm Coast is adding several really nice biking trails for everyone as well. We ride our bikes several times a week on these trails. They are peaceful, paved, and wide enough for everyone.

We still visit the beach as often as we can, but like many others, I am worried about the oil spill. I am not sure what will happen if it comes up as far as Flagler Beach. We have actually considered moving away if this happens, and that would be a very sad day. Each time I take pictures of the beach, I wonder if these will be the last ones that we have of it before the oil comes.

Our family misses us of course and would still rather have us living closer and I do still miss the change of seasons in the fall and winter months, but other than that we still enjoy living here.

If anyone has any questions about Palm Coast or moving to Florida in general, I am, as always happy to help as much as I can. You can send me a Direct message here for a faster response.

Have a wonderful summer!
This is very timely, thanks for the info. I was intending on moving to St. Augustine but as I look at rental options I continually see the types of homes I like to live in for several hundred dollars less in Palm Coast, so I was wondering what it was all about. As soon as I figure out how to PM I would love to know your recommendations as to the nicer neighborhoods and which, if any to avoid. I'm surprised at comments I've heard on the crime there, considering it's so small. But that is a concern for me as a single person, so if it's concentrated in a few neighborhoods, I'd like to avoid them if at all possible.

Thanks again!

Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,574 times
Oceandreams94, we are planning to move there also. Would love some m time with you to discuss the area. I have questions and don't know where to go for answers. A new local would be great to talk to. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiet.adams View Post
Oceandreams94, we are planning to move there also. Would love some m time with you to discuss the area. I have questions and don't know where to go for answers. A new local would be great to talk to. Thanks!

If anyone has any questions about Palm Coast, you can send me a PM anytime. I am happy to help!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Welcome back Oceandreams!

Glad to see you posting.

We often think of your success story of moving to Florida as we plan to move to Florida.

Your idea of the keep, toss and undecided before moving is one of the best pieces of advice I have read here.

Make things easy preparing to move.

We are heading to Florida sooner then later. We may even get down before winter?

Nice to see your posting.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,312 times
Hello,

My husband and I are thinking about retiring in Palm Coast and would like to talk to someone that knkows the community. We are from NJ and cannot get a handle on what is going on down there. We are looking in the C section and are afraid there are alot of rentals. Any help you can give us would be appreciated. You certainly can email me directly. Thank you Cathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Hi everyone, for those who have been keeping up with my past posts on moving to Palm Coast and for anyone curious about moving here...I thought it was just about time for my yearly update.

It's hard to believe that we have been living here in Palm Coast, FL for 3 years now. We are still happy here for the most part. Palm Coast is still a pretty nice place to live, and is not as crime-filled as some tend to think. Most people here are pleasant, at least in my neighborhood. Maybe we have just been lucky.

It would be nice to see the Town Center be completed but that is probably a long way off. I believe we are supposed to be getting a second Wal-Mart and we really need another one, and hopefully it will open soon. I am not sure how far along the construction process is.

The weather is hot and humid but we like it that way!

Palm Coast is adding several really nice biking trails for everyone as well. We ride our bikes several times a week on these trails. They are peaceful, paved, and wide enough for everyone.

We still visit the beach as often as we can, but like many others, I am worried about the oil spill. I am not sure what will happen if it comes up as far as Flagler Beach. We have actually considered moving away if this happens, and that would be a very sad day. Each time I take pictures of the beach, I wonder if these will be the last ones that we have of it before the oil comes.

Our family misses us of course and would still rather have us living closer and I do still miss the change of seasons in the fall and winter months, but other than that we still enjoy living here.

If anyone has any questions about Palm Coast or moving to Florida in general, I am, as always happy to help as much as I can. You can send me a Direct message here for a faster response.

Have a wonderful summer!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:00 PM

200 posts, read 684,027 times
I had to add my Palm Coast 2 cents - we have lived here nearly 20 yrs (Palm Coast) and the Christmas' do take one year to get used to (sunny and blue skies and palm trees lit up - it is WONDERFUL but no gloves/mittens are needed!!) And it is THE BEST the day AFTER Christmas when you know all your northern friends/family have at least 3 months of gray and cold and we have SUNSHINE and 70'S! So once you get through that first Holiday it is REALLY GREAT!!

Catjoh, don't worry about the rentals - they are being rented out all the time. I notice we are getting an influx of new residents just this past month. You will get some SUPER DUPER deals here and in a few years (if not sooner) you will be one of the lucky ones who bought because I know we will pick up......many get so tired of the cold and gray and we never really have that so we are still on the radar for a great place to live - either as retirement or family - good schools (I am a teacher). We did have a cold winter (50 degrees) but it was fun to wear the sweaters that we all packed away!! HA!

I have many students who live in the C section - their families love it - gorgeous area. Also Ind. Trails is nice since the new Palm Coast Parkway is nearly completed. Looks GRAND!!

So those of you who are thinking "hmmmmmmmm, I wonder about Palm Coast" I would definitely say CHECK IT OUT! It is nice with the new shopping - but we do NOT have a mall - but we do have some good shopping and now a new movie theatre - really SHARP!!!!! If you want the small town feel yet be only minutes from the ocean, or minutes for more shopping yet be much more affordable then I really believe PC is IT! That is why we came - and no I am not a realtor! HA!! Just a "coaster"!!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM

236 posts, read 901,083 times
We are also looking into moving to Palm Coast at the end of this month. We are also retired and looking to find a nice neighborhood. We have 3 little chihuahuas so are looking for something fenced. Any advise or information anyone can give would be appreicated!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 AM

200 posts, read 684,027 times
Blue, there are several great areas - look at "Grand Haven" esp now...very nice area and prices have been lowered - super area esp for retirees.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
I am looking to move to Florida. I live in NJ. I was looking at Palm Coast area. Any way you can give me information. I have kids and do not want to regret where I move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida