Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

34 posts, read 30,596 times

Advertisements

Those kids should be in jail for the rest of their lives. What they did was horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
I normally don't post about this issues, but lets talk.

A third teenager was arrested Thursday in the gang rape and assault of a mother and her 12-year-old son in a housing project, police said. Up to 10 masked teenagers raped and sodomized the woman and beat her son, police said. They also forced her at gunpoint to perform oral sex on the boy, she later told a TV station.

According to the article this is in West Palm Beach? Gangs in the area? This is as bad as a battle front. Are the locals and authorities taking back the area? Should they bring the Guardian Angels to patrol the area.? Your views....

This story is sickening...i was reading these posts and i checked youtube because the news in Palm Beach had a story about the bashing of Dunbar Village being on youtube, but i ran across this video ...and you know what ..as a white person i am sometimes ashamed of my own race for allowing blacks to go through this stuff without 50 cops being in that town searching for these guys.....this video is right on because since these were black women it seems no one cared at the beggining until videos like this came out

YouTube - 12yo Forced To Rape Mother, Beaten & Tortured

YouTube - Dunbar Village

Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
as a white person, i am not ashamed for anything that i personally do. we are only in charge of our own lives, not someone else's. blaming white people for the perpetrators is beyond comprehension. here is hoping thatall the perpetrators spend the rest of their lives in prison!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:47 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
as a white person, i am not ashamed for anything that i personally do. we are only in charge of our own lives, not someone else's. blaming white people for the perpetrators is beyond comprehension. here is hoping thatall the perpetrators spend the rest of their lives in prison!
I wasnt refering to us ...i was refering to the media and how white people are put in a different category...any town with that many white women raped in that short of a time would have been a media field day....that is the truth!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I wasnt refering to us ...i was refering to the media and how white people are put in a different category...any town with that many white women raped in that short of a time would have been a media field day....that is the truth!!!
So how is that the fault of the "white people"? It's the media, not the Caucasian race in general.

And that is not true, because in Tennessee a few months ago six black kids killed two white girls and I only heard about it on the news once.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 AM

265 posts, read 665,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
If you're going to blame the media; blame the media!
What is the media composed of?
Liberals.
And what do liberals vote for and have in their ranks?
Liberal judges that punish people for self defense and do not punish
criminals.
We need judges and people that will care about the victims.
The criminals have too many rights-hardly any punishment and people
crying for the rights of criminals.
I read a statistic years ago that the majority of the crimes are commited
by repeat offenders; I doubt that has changed over the years.
I vote to put in conservative judges at the expense of my comfort level.
What's your commitment to punish crime?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,659 times
Default lived here 2 weeks

gangs lol thats funny.i lived in va all my life bout 15 min from richmond.which is a place that has high crimes murders and gangs.and for the pass 6 years live in the country 45 min outside of richmond.population of the county was 1k ppl.i lived on 2 acres and neighbours were far enough away where u could not c any other houses.i dont no all the percentages on how high the crime is.personally all the houses r close 2gether so of course im not use 2 that and tryin 2 get use 2 it.but i would feel safe in this city and county.were bout 4min from restaurants and shopping which is nice.and 10min from a beautiful flagler beach.were bout 25min from st augustine.and 25 from daytona.we watch the local news here daily there based out of orlando everyday that ive watched there talkin bout crime every where else and not here in palm coast.i no theres small crime that goes on in this city but theres nothin big going on like there would be in ghetto major citys.i would say this area is a great place 2 raise a family.i plan 2 start another bussiness here.i defnatly dont plan on staying here forever cause i would prefer more land with more privacy but if u like 2 live in a small city that i beleive still has a huge amount of growth then this is the place.locals around here say its the fastest growing city in america.
Estimated median household income in 2005: $46,500 (it was $41,570 in 2000)

[LEFT]Palm Coast $46,500Florida: $42,433[/LEFT]
Estimated median house/condo value in 2005: $218,200 (it was $112,500 in 2000)
[LEFT]Palm Coast $218,200Florida: $189,500
Races in Palm Coast:[/LEFT]

these r the only stats i have but judging by those stats this 2 me is no ghetto and have not seen any gangs.compared 2 fl this is a lil above avg city in fl.if u wants 1% crime i suggest u move far from a city and i suggest u plan on spending 500k for a home or move into the country areas or small towns.if u wanna find house avg cost 200k or moreu will be very happy and you need not worry bout crime.2 me i dont no how so much crime going 2 happen round here if i go in my back yard 2 **** 8 neighbors r going 2 see me.what drew me here was i visited daytona beach several times and since i was lil always wanted 2 move there.so i sold everything back in va.and put in search for daytona houses.and mostly palm coast houses came up.i noticed that most the homes r new and affordable.its 10min from beautiful flagler beach which is not all that busy compared 2 alot of beaches.and only a 25 min drive 2 beautiful daytona beach where i can drive right onto the beach.bout hour 1/2 from orlando.so move here with no woories of crime,nice houses,clean city,min from preety beaches.min from shopping and eating.but no that this city is growing.i have 2 small girls under 3 years old and i would never live here if i felt like they were in danger.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative09 View Post
I believe that a lot of Florida Cities are becoming Gang Infested! St. Pete, but The Beat Goes On I guess.
St. Pete does not have a major gang problem, knock on wood. Drug dealers, yes, but the largest gang is actually Asian- Asian Pride- made up of Laotian, Cambodian, and Vietnamese kids. THere was a spate of shootings about five years ago, but the cops busted them up. The leader was recently sent to prison.

Brandon and Tampa are different stories.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,702 times
Default per the gang arrests

Hello, I hope someone here can help. I'm trying to locate a young man who may still be in your area. His name is Colin Nash. His grandmother cannot find him. Colin lived in PSL... with his parents.... When they moved he stayed.... He was born in 1986.. I'm not sure where to start... He may have gotten in trouble or... maybe not. I sure hope not.... if anyone knows him or has access to any city records, please email me. Thanks maheddlesten@yahoo.com

Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 PM

123 posts, read 134,544 times
I think the article in the Palm Bch Post speaks volume in this matter. The number of Haitians moving into that area will, unfortunately, imo, change things. PSL is not a place I'd consider moving to. In fact, because of this reason, I have decided to not pursue a move to the Vero Bch area, b/c I wonder how long it will take to go down hill too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida