Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,461 times

Advertisements

I am a Miami native. I moved to Georgia to give my kids a better life. Yes the housing is better and insurance is way less. The people are very friendly and simple. I made that move 20 yrs ago with that said. It is boring as hell in the winter months and the past winters have been cold and wet leaving us with nothing to do but get cabin fever. It is the bible belt so if you think with an open mind you are going to hell. Forget about the humidity, since we are land locked and have trees all around us the humidity and heat are ridiculous. Last summer we had 10 days that reached into the 100s. So there again unless you have access to a pool you just don't go out side. Most small town have minimum cultural events. If you are brunette, brown eyed and darke skinned as we are you are automatically deemed Mexican which is not bad but come on there are many other cultures out there folks. We are PR. Georgia is great for hunters, Baptists, mountain climbers and campers and folks that are content sitting in the a/c but if you enjoy being able to move about and love the arts and culture this is not the place. I miss BEACHES salt air, outdoor dining, culture, and flat land. I am definitely ready to make my move back. I must just decide where will be my final resting place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM

745 posts, read 1,583,324 times
i'm quite happy I moved here.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:16 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting-Out-of-Florida View Post
We moved here from Pennsylvania more then a year ago and regret every day of it. Affordable housing can be found anywhere if you want to live close to drug dealers, thieves, child molesters etc.
We are going to break our lease and get the heck outta here. People are nasty, minorities are flat out racist against whites, cubans will steal you blind and not many people speak English here.
It should be required for someone to be here, work here and live here to learn and speak our language. I should not have to learn what someone else speaks to understand them.
The trashy people are everywhere here. Only the well off older retirees with money dress nice, have clean bodies and homes and the majority of the rest of them are nasty people. Dirty cars, dirty clothing, dirty housing.
Kids are just as bad. None want to learn, most are not very bright and dont care if they learn anything or not.
How anyone survives years in this rat hole is amazing to me.
We pay 1600.00 a month in a decent neighborhood and once I go outside of my neighbor I feel like I am in Mexico or Puerto Rico.
We came here for many reasons, mainly to be in a warm tropical climate and was given a very good job offer that was hard to refused.
Almost every day other then at work I feel like I am at a crappy carnival, people are dressed like bums, have no manners, body odor is horrible and flat out nasty.
I was told by the health dept who had to sign my kids papers they were tested etc for schools here that we all needed to be vaccinated. When I asked why he said because those who came here from other countries and work at most of our food places do not have very good hygiene and many have never been vaccinated and carry many diseases.
If you want to be happy do not come here. Only the weather and the old retirees who are here are nice, the rest of the place is a crap hole filled with illegals, perverts, criminals and racists hateful to white people kinds.
Think twice before moving here. The sun might shine but the life is not very good as Florida as become a total home to illegals, criminals, pervs and those who ran from something else or a bad life elsewhere.
Being from Philly, I quite enjoyed your rant. Felt like home. Gurl. Where do you live???

Quote:
he said because those who came here from other countries and work at most of our food places do not have very good hygiene and many have never been vaccinated and carry many diseases
I believe he said this. My kid had a friend 20 years old who kept using his bathroom trashcan for a toilet. When he asked WTAF the kid said it's what they do at home, and have done HERE his whole life, just like in "the old country". He clued him in on the American way.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 06-12-2013 at 04:25 PM..

Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulumay View Post
If you are brunette, brown eyed and darke skinned as we are you are automatically deemed Mexican which is not bad but come on there are many other cultures out there folks. We are PR.
I never met a Caucasian in my entire life who ever cared where a Latino/Hispanic person was from or even thought about it for a second or could even be bothered commenting on it. If anything, even Floridians are so OVER IT. This is a very MIAMI Latino/Hispanic concern and point of view. You guys have lots of infighting on this - I remember it from here on the Miami forum years ago. I specifically remember the poor Mexicans on the bottom rung of the Hispanic/Latino social scale and all the shade about it. And funny you should mention it - also skin color is a BIG fight. Are you a landscaper? (joke)

I'm Greek do you think anyone wonders WHAT I am or accuses me of being Italian? LOL

Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
So with a topic 6 years old and close to 300 posts was there ever a consensus as to where the best place to live for work and affordable housing is actually located.?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
If you want to live around a bunch of idiots, racist, losers, welfare cases, drug dealers, perverts, child molesters, gays with aids, gun toting coke dealers etc come on down. Sure there are a few good people here and there but they are a very small number.
No one here wants to work for some reason. Minorities here dont want to work at all for some reason. Most just do there normal porch people type of thing and let the rest of us house and feed them.
Beautiful place but not worth it.

Anyone else find this post ironic?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
All of this was here before you came. Did you do any research or were you forced at gun point to relocate in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I cant wait to leave FL myself! Too much crime, too expensive, hate the heat and hurricanes, etc, etc.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Have a nice trip back!!!

Why on earth did you leave such a great place to begin with?

Quote:
We moved here from Pennsylvania more then a year ago and regret every day of it. Affordable housing can be found anywhere if you want to live close to drug dealers, thieves, child molesters etc.
We are going to break our lease and get the heck outta here. People are nasty, minorities are flat out racist against whites, cubans will steal you blind and not many people speak English here.
It should be required for someone to be here, work here and live here to learn and speak our language. I should not have to learn what someone else speaks to understand them.
The trashy people are everywhere here. Only the well off older retirees with money dress nice, have clean bodies and homes and the majority of the rest of them are nasty people. Dirty cars, dirty clothing, dirty housing.
Kids are just as bad. None want to learn, most are not very bright and dont care if they learn anything or not.
How anyone survives years in this rat hole is amazing to me.
We pay 1600.00 a month in a decent neighborhood and once I go outside of my neighbor I feel like I am in Mexico or Puerto Rico.
We came here for many reasons, mainly to be in a warm tropical climate and was given a very good job offer that was hard to refused.
Almost every day other then at work I feel like I am at a crappy carnival, people are dressed like bums, have no manners, body odor is horrible and flat out nasty.
I was told by the health dept who had to sign my kids papers they were tested etc for schools here that we all needed to be vaccinated. When I asked why he said because those who came here from other countries and work at most of our food places do not have very good hygiene and many have never been vaccinated and carry many diseases.
If you want to be happy do not come here. Only the weather and the old retirees who are here are nice, the rest of the place is a crap hole filled with illegals, perverts, criminals and racists hateful to white people kinds.
Think twice before moving here. The sun might shine but the life is not very good as Florida as become a total home to illegals, criminals, pervs and those who ran from something else or a bad life elsewhere.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 PM

Ironic? No, but idiotic yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Anyone else find this post ironic?

Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
i'm quite happy I moved here.
We love it here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida