Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 03:52 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm from a little town right outside of Worcester. Very unpretentious area. It reminds me of Knoxville.

We do have the Boston accent, though. I bet he says, "Woostah!"
Yes he does, but also with his Peurto Rican accent mixed in. One of the coolest people I met from there. A good friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Good for you. Glad you found somewhere better and safer for you and your family.
Thanks man! I took the family there today to show them the property, they were in heaven, and my 10 year old daughter wanted to run out of the truck into the pool, she wants to move today!!!(so do I) Great move in my career. And with the way things are right now, I consider myself blessed by this and lucky.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,401,157 times
I'm not sure that the population is dropping. I met two people who moved here just recently, one from CA, the other from the New York area.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Thanks man! I took the family there today to show them the property, they were in heaven, and my 10 year old daughter wanted to run out of the truck into the pool, she wants to move today!!!(so do I) Great move in my career. And with the way things are right now, I consider myself blessed by this and lucky.
I hope you enjoy your new home of Estero (although I've never heard of the place until now). What is it safer from, hurricanes?

Old 08-22-2009, 06:21 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I'm not sure that the population is dropping. I met two people who moved here just recently, one from CA, the other from the New York area.
In a 'shocking' reversal, Central Florida is shrinking -- OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-population-drop-082009,0,7951930.story - broken link)

Old 08-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
In a 'shocking' reversal, Central Florida is shrinking -- OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-population-drop-082009,0,7951930.story - broken link)
I'm sure that trend turn around soon. The QOL is just too good here for people to stay away.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:28 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
I'm sure that trend turn around soon. The QOL is just too good here for people to stay away.
The extreme low wages alone in the Orlando area would ruin anyones QOL.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I hope you enjoy your new home of Estero (although I've never heard of the place until now). What is it safer from, hurricanes?
Safer from this ghetto area in Fort Myers. I live off Metro Parkway right now, where I also work(apartments). Low income hood, ghetto, craphole... I will NEVER work on a low income property again.

Estero is a small town between Naples and South Fort Myers(the only good part of Fort Myers I might add.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Example A: I went on a call about an hour ago. I drive my truck to calls I DO NOT WALK AROUND HERE AT NIGHT. The entire property is loaded with hoodies(hood looking people), hanging out at the breezeways of nearly all the buildings, except mine THANKFULLY. It looks like Compton out there. Subwoofers cranked up here and there. Little kids in the parking lots all over the place. Some dude getting yelled at by some woman to get in the car, as he stumbled into the seat drunk off his butt. The wonderful smell of weed, in the hallway to the building where I had to fix an air conditioner.... Ya, where I am going is heaven, believe me... Ya I am still alive after going out there at night, which I avoid.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:45 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
The entire property is loaded with hoodies(hood looking people), hanging out at the breezeways of nearly all the buildings, except mine THANKFULLY.
You've usually a pretty cool guy but I just don't get this comment man, What exactly does "hood looking people" look like ? black ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida