Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,499,444 times

Advertisements

That is a crock of - - - -, prices are down over 11% from last year.

All this means is a few expensive homes sold and pushed the median up.

HousingTracker.net: Median Home Asking Price & Inventory Data for Orlando, Florida (http://tinyurl.com/23uer6 - broken link)

Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM

193 posts, read 489,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post

HousingTracker.net: Median Home Asking Price & Inventory Data for Orlando, Florida (http://tinyurl.com/23uer6 - broken link)

Very interesting data at that website. Two things stand out. 1 that market has not really taken as big a hit as others 2 the graph would indicate baseline prices are starting to stabilize. Overall more conflicting data.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:

The numbers you are using homes and condos. The numbers he was using were only homes. Condos have been much harder hit in the downturn.

As far as a few expensive homes selling pushing up the median that is the crock of ----. You can't use that argument and then turn around and use median home and condo stats to back up your argument

Old 06-12-2007, 01:13 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,205,137 times
Quote:

you can keep telling yourself that, but no matter how often you repeat it it doesn't change the fact that in some places real estate values are steady and in a few places values are still increasing.
in my zip code prices were up about 50% in the past year. look it up yourself 32082

all real estate is local, that is a constant that will always be true.
some places are golden and will remain so and some places aren't very desirable and that is where you'll see the most dramatic moves lower

Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
you can keep telling yourself that, but no matter how often you repeat it it doesn't change the fact that in some places real estate values are steady and in a few places values are still increasing.
in my zip code prices were up about 50% in the past year. look it up yourself 32082

all real estate is local, that is a constant that will always be true.
some places are golden and will remain so and some places aren't very desirable and that is where you'll see the most dramatic moves lower
Kort, I enjoy your posts and agree with everything you say. The market I am in is not doing badly at all, in fact there is still booming construction in this county, with no shortage of buyers. Also, the market I will be buying into later this year is one of the few counties in Florida that showed overall appreciation. I am not waiting around, I am hedging my bets and taking action now. After all, it's our home, not some investment property, and if I sell for a price that I am happy with and turn around and buy the same way, then all is well in my world, I don't care what anyone else wants to do or thinks is right.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 PM

372 posts, read 860,156 times
Quote:

Great site for numbers, Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 PM

U.S. Mortgage Foreclosure Filings Rise 90% in May
By Kathleen M. Howley

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. foreclosure filings surged 90 percent in May from a year earlier as more homeowners fell behind on their monthly mortgage payments, RealtyTrac Inc. said. ..
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Last edited by Marka; 12-10-2007 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 06-12-2007, 05:07 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,658 times
thanks hondax! ..I think my advice is good ...infact I think it's awesome!

I think things are looking up in my area. ...homes are selling buuuuuyaa!
you know tho, if everyone on this forum would by a house NOW the market would get better. ...prices are low enough, go get 'em tiger!

nychiefsfan ...I bought you a beer ...but then I got hot and drank it.
I hate busch gardens they make my garden look so pathetic. I went to home number one(old home) and played w/ my plants, because they are all in bloom and gorgeous.
The new home has lots of green ...think I need so FLOoooowwwerrrs to play with in the new house ...maybe I'll steal some from the old home HA!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 PM

Long but interesting read: The State of the Nation's Housing 2007
http://www.jchs.harvard.edu/publications/markets/son2007/son2007.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
nychiefsfan ...I bought you a beer ...but then I got hot and drank it.
pffffttttttttt!!!!

and I was gonna buy you an elephant with all the money I saved by renting LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida