Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 11:38 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Homemade pizza tonight with from the garden sliced potatoes and yellow squash, red onion and mushrooms. Large for less than $4
Thumbs up! I have been making 2-3 pizzas a week because I have fresh garden tomatoes coming out of my ears. I have to learn to can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 10:58 AM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
I love several different types of pizza: vegetarian, pepperoni & mushroom, sausage & mushroom, Indian (with tandoori chicken or chicken tikka masala), sausage & pepperoni and "all meat".

I love it with "light cheese" (about 50% less). Normal or thick crust is good for me, but no "filled" crusts or stuffed crusts.

Best eaten while watching football in the fall, with wings, salad and cold Budweiser Light!

Old 08-05-2017, 08:03 AM

36 posts, read 30,710 times
One of the newest pizza spots in the Triangle, Benny Capitale's and their SUPER-slice...

https://www.nctriangledining.com/blo...c-pizza-first/

Old 08-05-2017, 08:05 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonboNC View Post
One of the newest pizza spots in the Triangle, Benny Capitale's and their SUPER-slice...

Now that actually looks like Pizza! It's a bit of a drive from Concord though

Old 08-05-2017, 05:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonboNC View Post

Those are some nice looking slices! Nice to know if I am ever in NC I can get a decent slice.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,790 times
So subjective but for me personally, the best pizza I've ever had was from Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT. Tomato pie with regular cheese. The fresh cheese is good too. Also there is a place close to home that makes a traditional pizza margherita that is excellent. It's called Saverio's and he is a certified pizzaiolo and uses only imported DOP ingredients. No slices and not cheap but really good when we want to indulge and don't want to cross bodies of water!

Old 08-06-2017, 09:42 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
So subjective but for me personally, the best pizza I've ever had was from Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT. Tomato pie with regular cheese. The fresh cheese is good too. Also there is a place close to home that makes a traditional pizza margherita that is excellent. It's called Saverio's and he is a certified pizzaiolo and uses only imported DOP ingredients. No slices and not cheap but really good when we want to indulge and don't want to cross bodies of water!
It's hard to NOT get good pizza in New Haven. I love Frank Pepe's... and there are other great ones nearby when the wait is too long at Pepe's.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:54 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
It's hard to NOT get good pizza in New Haven. I love Frank Pepe's... and there are other great ones nearby when the wait is too long at Pepe's.

We've been there 2x so far and been pretty luck. First time was in the evening but only waited about 30 minutes and the second time we arrived just before opening and were 2nd on line so waited maybe 15 minutes in total. I do want to try Sally's down the block.

Dawn if you've been there what's the scoop on Tony and Lucilles? The reviews are all over the place! Any good? Thanks.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:49 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
We've been there 2x so far and been pretty luck. First time was in the evening but only waited about 30 minutes and the second time we arrived just before opening and were 2nd on line so waited maybe 15 minutes in total. I do want to try Sally's down the block.

Dawn if you've been there what's the scoop on Tony and Lucilles? The reviews are all over the place! Any good? Thanks.
Sally's is great too! Like I said, it's hard to find bad pizza in New Haven.

I haven't been to Tony and Lucille's. I've never even heard of it. I used to live in CT, but haven't for a long while, although I've gone back to visit a few times. If I go to T&L before you, I'll let you know. If you're planning to try it, ask about it in the CT forum -- dozens of people will chime in! They take their pizza VERY seriously!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:50 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
Worst pizza I ever had was in Rome across the piazza from the Spanish Steps. I tried sounding out the toppings. I think I picked the ones that "sounded" like they tasted the best. I ended up getting a pizza topped with grisly, tasteless sausage and what might be the Italian version of collard greens. I had another pizza not far from the Vatican that was much better with ham and artichoke.

I love NY-style with thinly-sliced sausage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink