Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times

Advertisements

I wasn't very hungry tonight, so I just had a pumpernickel bagel, with lowfat scallion cream cheese, lox, a slice of raw onion and an aromatic mug of southern pecan coffee. It really hit the spot. DH had leftover pecan turkey cutlets, corn and 1/2 a buttered bagel. I was going to make something with ground beef, but it didn't turn out that way.

Sometime late tonight I will put meatballs into the crockpot and tomorrow morning I will put a couple in the fridge to reheat for dinner and the rest into the freezer.

I stopped again today at the supermarket for another 10 lbs of the freshly ground $1.49/lb. ground round. Tomorrow I'll prepare a couple of meatloaves to freeze and goodness knows what else. It was the last day of the sale and I would have felt guilty if I didn't stock up enough. All in all I bought 40 lbs of ground beef over this week's sale. I canned approx. 20 lbs of it in 1 lb jars, froze/will freeze approx. 18 lbs. worth of meatloaves, meatballs, burgers and who-knows-what-else, and will have eaten approx. 2 lbs in dinners. Total cost: under $60.

Lisa - Congrats on your weight loss. What a great start! I had a huge chuckle over "Mama Leone". That sure was a blast from the past! I remember the restaurant in NYC and went there once in the mid 80's; I didn't find their food to be all that great, but it was one of those touristy places to go when taking in a show - a "must do" once.

skbs - I knocked on wood and am keeping my fingers crossed your migraine stays away.

Lacey - Thanks for posting about Kelsie's daughter here. Did you say pie crust with vodka? Maybe it got everyone drunk enough they didn't even notice the crust.

{{{Kelsie}}} - Prayers for you and your family. I posted last night on the other thread, but will remember to pray for y'all each day, as I do for Nomad and his family and a couple of others.

Dxi, Babsmom & John from PA - Welcome!

RdytoGo - Welcome too! Thanks for posting the country chicken casserole recipe

MWBW - You had me rolling with that line about asking for a horse. I realize it is probably true, but to read it was hilarious.

Elston - I'm with you on the pie crust. I can't make a decent one to save my life and am a lousy baker. I could make a 6 course dinner, but can barely manage dessert.

Cyn - We saw a lot of folks up in Flagstaff wearing shorts and down coats too. We never saw people do that before. It's a college town; we just figured everyone was high.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Yippidy Doo Da!!!! You Bright STAR YOU!!!!!! I knew you could do it tonight!!!! oh.... phew...... look at you shine!!!! I gotta go get my shades......

Debsi I would rep ya but CD is being stingy...... dag nabit.....

LOL and she's off eating dinner....she doesn't even know! LOL
I couldn't get MWBW but I got Debsi for putting her over the top! Now do I need to go look for a new gold star thread?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I couldn't get MWBW but I got Debsi for putting her over the top! Now do I need to go look for a new gold star thread?
LOL....sounds like a whild goose chase.....hahahahaha

Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
The foodie section is getting brighter all the time. I'm here for ice cream....My favorite dinner add on. I know that some how chocolate is getting involved in it tonight.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
RdytoGo we dumped the carrots before I realized maybe we should dump the juice off the veggies. It was OK I just baked it a little longer to let it tighten up. Thanks for sharing it.

The reason I asked about the buttered bread was in a food etiquette thread I found out I have been buttering my bread wrong all my life. I swear I never knew you were suppose to butter each bite. Heck when we were growing up my mom or great gma would sit at the table and butter about 8 pieces of bread at once then pass it down to us to eat. I don't recall learning it in Home Ec or 4-H and I have never taken an etiquette class so..........................

At least for the most part I have buttered my bread on the right side.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
RdytoGo we dumped the carrots before I realized maybe we should dump the juice off the veggies. It was OK I just baked it a little longer to let it tighten up. Thanks for sharing it.

The reason I asked about the buttered bread was in a food etiquette thread I found out I have been buttering my bread wrong all my life. I swear I never knew you were suppose to butter each bite. Heck when we were growing up my mom or great gma would sit at the table and butter about 8 pieces of bread at once then pass it down to us to eat. I don't recall learning it in Home Ec or 4-H and I have never taken an etiquette class so..........................

At least for the most part I have buttered my bread on the right side.
LOL I am always afraid if I butter each bite I will use too much butter and have a butt the size of Texas!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL I am always afraid if I butter each bite I will use too much butter and have a butt the size of Texas!
You do not. Anyway, I've heard that if you buy a bigger purse your butt will look smaller.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
You do not. Anyway, I've heard that if you buy a bigger purse your butt will look smaller.
Or you can stash more bread in it at restaurants to butter at home

LOL I am SOOOOOOOO kidding.... I totally do NOT do that.....seriously.... i don't.....it just sounded so appropriate.....LOL....I am SO laughing at myself right now..... I swear I find myself so funny sometimes... hahahah

Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I've heard that if you buy a bigger purse your butt will look smaller.
Oh, I definitely have to remember that one!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,795,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The foodie section is getting brighter all the time. I'm here for ice cream....My favorite dinner add on. I know that some how chocolate is getting involved in it tonight.
My chocolate ice cream joined a sliced up banana and a bunch of whipped cream in my bowl.

The banana makes it healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink