Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday You all!!!!!!! I will be celebrating with my chocolate cake today! Thank you for that!!!! Enjoy your day and PARTY HARD!

Oh, and I thought I would go back and catch up.... LOL only got so far as hot dog and Bite me...LOL....Sounded like I missed a FUN NIGHT!

Today seems like it might be a slow day.... everyone seems a bit tired tired this morning. Mr S is still snoozing away... taking this turning the clocks back thing VERY seriously HE told me it was TOO early.... I told him his body clock was telling him the real time as the kids were jumping on our heads LAUGHING to get up at 6:00 "body clock" time (5:00- actual time).... so Skbs got up with the tiny and hyper individuals So Mr S could take advantage of the exta hour (or two or three).... I am a good wife.... I know... *Skbs pats herself on the back*

I have some Veggies that need to be cooked up and Mr S took to Halloween like a kid in a candy store.... did a little damage to the WW diet so we need to do some disaster recovery before weigh in on Tuesday.... SO we might be doing some Veggie Stir Fry or Veggie Sandwiches.... something very low fat and VEGGIE.....To help him recover (and he took the kids to the movies last night while I was at my Girls Night- and they went to Friendly's where he had a cheeseburger and a hotfudge SUDNAE!!! to add to the damage LOL).... serious disaster recover today.....

Have a Great Sunday and a GREAT BIRTHDAY TO MY FELLOW SCORPS!!!!!!

EDIT(LOL CD hasn't turned the clock backs yet)it is 6:45 when I am writing this

Old 11-02-2008, 05:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Good Sunday morning and-----

Happy Birthday Elston, NMS, 2Golden's and Jessie.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
I'm leaving for the grocery store now.

When I return, I'll make chicken salad sandwiches on sourdough bread.

Tomorrow: Salmon patties, blackeyed peas, steamed cabbage w/ bacon, and maybe cornbread.
So many pages to catch up on and I was only gone for a day, oh my!!

Sounds darn right good sooner! Thanks for coming and sharing with us. Welcome!

Seattlerain, I am so sorry to hear of your losses! My heart goes out to you!

Yesterday was a fun filled day. My grandaughter got a goal and played very well....had several really close goals, but I guess those don't count. I think she did quite well for 5 years old! Got to play with my new 3 month old grandaughter and she is now holding her head up easily and laughing...it only gets better from this time on. We had a great time with my son and his wife. Then, at the BBQ, my hubbys son had for all of us we were suprised to see several of their freinds and enjoyed their company too. The big suprise of the day was that hubbys son and his girlfriend just got engaged. I am so happy for them--they make a great couple. Hubbys son/my step son, grilled some fresh asparagus, artichokes, chicken, hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and the side dishes were a green salad with potatoe salad, veggie chips and powder sugared brownies for dessert. We didn't get home until dark and I was spent! Tired but happy! Sounds like everyone here has been cooking up a storm. I'm still not quite into doing anything new again but will have an old standby tonight, just not sure which one yet.

Nomoresnow, I think you are correct and the Birthday parties are today so I didn't miss em...yippie! I will be there with bells on my toes!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:48 AM

Seattle-I am so sorry.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
OMG Seatle.... I JUST read.... I have been so busy with the kids I have only skimmed these pages the past few days to catch up.... I am so sorry.... you are in my thoughts and prayers.....

Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Morning all and Happy Birthday again to all celebrating.

Up bright and early with the time change and the fact that we were in bed at 8.30 yesterday!!

Tonight I think we may do a roast chicken with stuffing or roasted potatoes, and salad.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:31 AM

Have some leftover ribs and rice n beans for Mr. L-I may do the salad,cottage ch, toasted whole wheat eng muffin.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
[quote=cynwldkat;5965951]So many pages to catch up on and I was only gone for a day, oh my!!

Glad to hear you had such a good time.

Seattlerain, I am so sorry to hear of your losses! My heart goes out to you!

Ditto

Happy Birthday everyone. Eat some, no lots of cake for me.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Tonight is leftovers for me. Marinated shrimp from last night, which was awesome, and veggies. For my dh either pizza or pigs in the blanket and beans.

I made that crust free low fat broccoli and cheese quiche yesterday so I'll be eating that for a few days- no room in the freezer.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Younglisa, Cheydee, Highlands and Lacey...thanks for teh b'day greetings.

I forget who suggested it, but I'll for the PJ party.

Seattle, my heart goes out to you, lady. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Cyn, don't you just love it when a baby laughs? It comes right from their toes. It's my favorite sound. Congrats on the new daughter-in-law-to-be.

Well, since it's my b'day, I've asked DH to take me out to Outback Steakhouse. That's about as fancy as he'll go, but that's ok. You have to eat somewhere besides an AYCE place once in a while, right? Can't wait. A nice steak.....I hope they have their mashed 'taters. I'll ask. And I see they have carrot cake now. mmmmmmm..... I wonder if they're open yet??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink