Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times

Advertisements

Well, I better actually MAKE dinner tonight....LOL....can't be heading to Amber's to eat, no matter how tempted I might be ....I think I will make Chicken Parm- the light version with a tiny side of pastaand a ton of veg.... shouldn't be too high on the WW scale.... and I really want some pasta...so, the kids will be happy with the chicken and I will be getting my carb fix.... Hubby will get his Italian and everyone will be HAPPY with dinner tonight hopefully there will be no complaints at dinner... fingers crossed...(nothing worse than slaving for ever over dinner and then a bunch of whining comes from the kids about how gross it is....)

Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
My split chicken breasts came out great for last nights supper.....I oiled them and rubbed them with a dry mix from my own herb garden...thyme rosemary sage plus some garlic powder and celery salt and pepper.....I put chopped celery and onion in the roasting pan.....and did them in a low oven. My DP had rice of course and I had a quicky version of potato kugel...using up the left over mashed from the prev. day.......with that we had farm stand butternut squash....with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon--an absolutely glorious taste of fall! We had cranberry on the side and from Japan some pickled UME (plums). Scrumptuous Supper. But that was last night......tonight DP asked for Curry beef and thats what he shall have .

Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Hello everyone. We had family from out of town visit us yesterday. They are former New Yorkers who had not had White Castle in a while. So dinner last night was White Castle cheeseburgers ... lots of them. Those groans you've been hearing have been me. I wonder why I'm not hungry this morning?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Well, no fish for dinner tonight---at least not any that we caught! Ha! Unless we wanted to bring home some baby fish! We caught a variety of fish but they were all small and we put them back to grow up for next time! I'm going to hint to hubby that we need steak tonight on the grill! We'll see what he thinks!
HighlandsGal...so sorry about yoiur BF grandmother. It's never easy. He's lucky to have you for support!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Hello everyone. We had family from out of town visit us yesterday. They are former New Yorkers who had not had White Castle in a while. So dinner last night was White Castle cheeseburgers ... lots of them. Those groans you've been hearing have been me. I wonder why I'm not hungry this morning?
Man we miss those little sliders! They are available frozen here but it's just not the same...

Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-Charley how fun was that. Your guests were happy and you got to spend extra time with them as no one had to cook!!!! Love White Castle-my grandfather and I spent many lunch times there when I was young.

Had enough chicken cacc left to freeze for another meal.

Tonight Mr. L has requested pepper n egg subs and that's what'll be.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
LOL I had never even heard of White Castle, let alone had a White Castle... didn't even know what the heck it was until I watched the Harold and Kumar Movies! LOL...

Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I didn't have a clue either skbs! Was just asking hubby and he siad they had them in Mich. when he lived there! A big deal there.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Good Morning..
Tonight is Lacey's chicken cacciatore and I can't wait.

Elston, may I suggest that the next time you make the butternut squash in addition to your ingredients that you use, a dash of cloves really enhances it.

Charley sounds as though you had a great day. Hope this week will be a little more relaxing for you.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Good Morning..
Tonight is Lacey's chicken cacciatore and I can't wait.

Elston, may I suggest that the next time you make the butternut squash in addition to your ingredients that you use, a dash of cloves really enhances it.

Charley sounds as though you had a great day. Hope this week will be a little more relaxing for you.
Crazyworld, I had the cloves out and on the counter....but held back....and only used the cinnamon....I also had ginger out...but held back on that....I didnt want to get too far off from standard...as I wanted to make sure I was cooking for DP palate...and in Japan squash (Kabocha) isnt mashed like I do it. It is cut and cooked with the skin still on in a sweetened and savory broth (dashi and mirin) and served in chunks. (and I didnt have any brwn sugar so I made my own using sugar and molasses....that was a real success...nice rich flavor.) It was all well received...enough that he was too full for breakfast!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink