Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 05:01 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Ok ladies, I cheated big time tonight and I love it!

I went to my mom's today for lunch and the cooks had cooked too much meat (boneless tenderized pork chops, fried) so I brought that as well as green beans and cream potatoes home. I smothered the pork chops with gravy and let them simmer in a skillet as the rolls cooked. Very easy, very good, and so welcomed!
"I resemble that remark" lol it is at least ladies and gentleman. Thank you very much!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:12 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
morning, everyone! Had company last night, so I thought it might be a bit rude to post!
Made Thai green curry last night with shrimp, sweet potatoes, long beans, and water chestnuts, served with rice, spring rolls, and Singha beer. Had sticky rice with mangoes for dessert. Tonight its leftovers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Morning! sounds awesome... could you share the recipe for the green curry?

The weather here is stormy so tonight it's junk food..chili dogs and chili cheeze fries. Love chili cheeze fries!!!!!
I have to admit, I cheated. I usually make it from scratch, long complicated recipe, daytripper, if you want the scratch version, pm me, and I will send it to you via email.
I went to the Asian market, bought a can of premade curry, and used that, its really easy, and fast! The can should have directions on it!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,700,734 times
grilled tuna with cheese and tomatoe and clam chowder

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
Lasagna! Whole wheat lasagna with organic tomato sauce, soy "meat", ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, garlic, basil and oregano! Yummy...we rarely have leftovers

Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Lasagna! Whole wheat lasagna with organic tomato sauce, soy "meat", ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, garlic, basil and oregano! Yummy...we rarely have leftovers
I make a similar dish, and even use tofu for the ricotta, after it has been gussied up a bit. DD was lactose intolerant in her younger years, so I had to adjust recipes.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,545,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Ok ladies, I cheated big time tonight and I love it!

I went to my mom's today for lunch and the cooks had cooked too much meat (boneless tenderized pork chops, fried) so I brought that as well as green beans and cream potatoes home. I smothered the pork chops with gravy and let them simmer in a skillet as the rolls cooked. Very easy, very good, and so welcomed!
That sounds soooo gooddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Im so sorry..Ladies and Gentlemen...

Thank you, it was way good on this cold evening...

Old 03-05-2008, 04:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Good morning all!!!!!!!!! Missed you all lots.

Had a wonderful time but the trip from h---. It took me 24 hrs. to fly to NJ as the East coast had that snowstorm and my flight was cancelled. Long story.

Had a wonderful dinner at a friends-she used Rao's Ariabetta (sp) sauce and added shrimp-it was delicious.

Won't get in the cook mood here til I regain my senses!

Old 03-05-2008, 04:52 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I have to admit, I cheated. I usually make it from scratch, long complicated recipe, daytripper, if you want the scratch version, pm me, and I will send it to you via email.
I went to the Asian market, bought a can of premade curry, and used that, its really easy, and fast! The can should have directions on it!
I went looking around on the net and yes all the recipes were quite involved.
Think I'll try the premade also!!! thnx

Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Welcome back LaseyEX---we've missed you here. So sorry to hear about your flight back but it is another memory to add to so many others I'm sure! I did prepare crazyworlds chicken Marsala last night and it was good but I rushed it because I wanted to have the kitchen all clean before American Idol came on. Hubbie said if I'd let it cook a bit longer it could have been better. The chicken was done but the sauce hadn't cooked down enough. Oh well it was still tasty. I will try it again but on a night when I don't need to hurry it or I'll start it earlier. Last night was just crazy anyhow with the weather. I would not have gone out in that no matter what!! We had tree branches beating against our house and the windows were shaking...just really crazy weather!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink