Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 05:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,343,425 times

Advertisements

Good morning all my foodie friends! Oh the salsa does sound so good. I just read it to my DH and told him I'm going to make it soon. He is not into any kind of "heat" as his stomach can't handle it but I don't think a half of a chili would be to hot--just enough to flavor it.

I have been reading here just not posting much as I have been involved in another good book, "Girl With A Pearl Earring". Once I start a book I have a very hard time putting it down. I'm nearly done with it now so I'll be back......

As usual all of your dinners sound so good and I am taking notes. Tonight DH is making steaks in the house...we never cook steaks in the house but it's really to cold to BBQ so he's trying a new recipe he saw on the Food Network last night. If it turns out as good as it's suppose to I will share it will you all! We'll have a baked potatoe on the side with a green salad.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:55 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,685,636 times
[quote=cynwldkat;6469602]
I have been reading here just not posting much as I have been involved in another good book, "Girl With A Pearl Earring". Once I start a book I have a very hard time putting it down. I'm nearly done with it now so I'll be back......

As usual all of your dinners sound so good and I am taking notes. Tonight DH is

Hi cyn.......I read that book a few years ago and loved it too. I think I still have it too. Maybe I"ll dig it out and reread it.

Lets see.........I think I posted Roast beef and sweet potatoes fries yesterday but it ended up we had chicken Parm instead.

Tonight Roast beef on Kaiser rolls with sweet potato fries. Got a busy day and this will be easy.

Have a great day everyone

((((hugs))))

Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 AM

849 posts, read 1,955,249 times
Lacey, hope all will be well for Mr. L at the doctors. I'm up early, having my first cup of coffee.
Cranberry salsa sounds so good. I've gotta try that.
skbs, I don't know where you find your energy, but your family room sounds great. Some years ago we had replaced the carpet in our family room with tiles. It took a while to get used to the change, in a good way. I remember I kept doing a double take every time I walked passed the room.

I will finish the Christmas decoration today and start getting ready for baking in a couple of days. I have to take inventory of my baking ingredients and hit the store.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:24 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,432,143 times
Good morning everyone,

Tonight I am making a roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggies.

Last night I made hamburgers using the meat that was given to us by our cow owners. We have cows on our property and every year some of them disappear. Needless to say the meat was delicious. Maybe I'm going to have to stop naming the cows.

On to 2 questions for all of you.
1. What is your favorite meatball recipe? Do you bake or fry them? I made some yesterday and they are just ok.

2. Chicken Parmesan. Can you make it ahead? Then how long do you bake the chx, sauce, and cheese for?

I will also post on the recipes forum but I thought some of you might catch this.

Thank you all. I have to go now and write my story. Coffee is almost ready.

I'll check back later. I hope everyone is feeling better and for those up north staying toasty.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 AM

50,418 posts, read 64,172,963 times
cyn, they made a good movie of The Girl with the Pearl Earring also...a small, quiet, but visually beautiful film.

younglisa, my italian meatballs contain all the usual things, fresh bread (1 slice per pound), 1 egg per pound, water, plus grated parmesan and some herbs and garlic. They are a little loose when I form them. I bake them, then add to sauce to simmer.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,913 times
Gentlearts thanks for posting the recipe.that's a keeper for sure.

Good Morning everyone Happy Monday. Just started a pot of soup and it will have a mish mash of everything in it. Good day for it as it is freezing out.

Have a good day.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,068,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Old reliables tonight, spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread, chianti.

Simple, tasty, and satisfying.
Thanks for the inspiration - now I know what to make tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I will check for the latest tomorrow when posting the final dinner plan. This is going to be simple enough I can start it. Good night all. got to catch some z's.
Hope you got a good night's sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
We're off early to the doc for follow up and results on Mr. L.
Best well wishes to Mr L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That's next on my list, heard it's really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
1. What is your favorite meatball recipe? Do you bake or fry them?.
I cheat and just use Italian sausage, casings removed and rolled up, fried to brown them, then simmered in the sauce. The kids love them so I don't often make 'real' ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Good Morning everyone Happy Monday. Just started a pot of soup and it will have a mish mash of everything in it. Good day for it as it is freezing out. Have a good day.
Keep warm!

Happy Monday to all !!!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:08 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,734,288 times
For tonight first hint. Cabbage is on the menu.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:15 AM

48,229 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post

I cheat and just use Italian sausage, casings removed and rolled up, fried to brown them, then simmered in the sauce. The kids love them so I don't often make 'real' ones.
Keep warm!
Hmmmm they sell the Italian sausage meat in bulk form....like hamburger here in the market....I wondered why.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,432,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
younglisa, my italian meatballs contain all the usual things, fresh bread (1 slice per pound), 1 egg per pound, water, plus grated parmesan and some herbs and garlic. They are a little loose when I form them. I bake them, then add to sauce to simmer.
I put onions in. I think that was my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Thanks for the inspiration - now I know what to make tonight!
Hope you got a good night's sleep

Best well wishes to Mr L!

That's next on my list, heard it's really good
Keep warm!

Happy Monday to all !!!
This is for Wednesday company and I am also maiking sliced italian sausage in sauce. My hubby "loves" sausage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
For tonight first hint. Cabbage is on the menu.
I love cabbage but I'm not allowed to cook it in the house. I can get away with cooking it inside when I chop it up really small and use it in my vegetable and bean soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hmmmm they sell the Italian sausage meat in bulk form....like hamburger here in the market....I wondered why.
It's also great made into patties and grilled. Yummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.