Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,976 times

Advertisements

does any one have a cocamocha recipe? This is coffee (instant) hot coco mix of sort. I have great memories of this. My Aunt was the one who made it. She has passed and I don't have the recipe. Top it off with a dallop of whip cream and it is just the best

Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,797,147 times
Tonight's dinner was some nice thick pork chops with rice, vegetables, and applesauce. It really hit the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
does any one have a cocamocha recipe? This is coffee (instant) hot coco mix of sort. I have great memories of this. My Aunt was the one who made it. She has passed and I don't have the recipe. Top it off with a dallop of whip cream and it is just the best
I like to put a package of hot cocoa mix in a mug of coffee.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Amber, try Penzey's hot chocolate mix, a spoonful or two mixed into a cuppa good strong coffee with a bit of cream, and the result is wonderful. They use a really premium cocoa bean for their mix, and I can tell the difference.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Tonight:
Roast beast with roastie potatoes and broccoli, pecan pie for desert. I am replete and unhungry!
That pecan pie would have went fine with some Memphis BBQ.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
That pecan pie would have went fine with some Memphis BBQ.
True. And they do a mean pork bbq here, but I still recommend Texas for bbq beef, especially the brisket!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
True. And they do a mean pork bbq here, but I still recommend Texas for bbq beef, especially the brisket!
I have no problem with either for dinner. Alternating days. A nobrainer.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Another looooong day today, 12 hours at the office working on month-end stuff, followed by scraping the ice off my car and a slow drive home through the snow. The usual 25-minute drive took close to an hour tonight, plus scraping time, and was not at all what I wanted after 12 hours of teasing out balance sheet variances. Ah, well, winter in Wisconsin.... it still beats summer in the Rio Grande Valley.

Supper was leftover lentil soup, which is always better after a day or two in the fridge to blend flavors. Those chili peppers added a nice warm-up to it, too, a very welcome addition on a cold snowy night.

Lacey, I send the Mr. my best wishes for successful treatment of Crohn's, and I send you my best wishes for patience with his likely grumpiness as he gets used to the new regimen! It really is a far more treatable condition than was the case 20 or 30 years ago; it used to be that the surgical option you described was the ONLY thing they had to offer, and the patient would gradually lose his or her entire intestines, in foot-long chunks. You're in Minnesota; have you considered taking him to Mayo for an evaluation there? Could be well worth the trip.

Highlands Girl, congratulations on getting the move behind you, and good luck in finding all your treasures! When we moved into our current house, we didn't rediscover the final box of coffee cups for nearly three years... I hope you're better organized than we were!

To all those with colds, sinus infections, flu and the rest, drink lots of fluids, try to get as much rest as you can, and heal fast. It's a difficult time of year to be sick!

And Noma, I am so glad to hear that there may be a glimmer of hope on the horizon for your son! That truly makes my Monday, though I won't stop sending healing thoughts in his (and your) direction. Here's wishing you good eating, good sleeping, and better news in the days to come. Hugs, support and strong healing wishes to you, the Mrs. and all the family.

And to all, I bid good night and rest well. The alarm will be buzzing soon enough, and I already know that we'll start the day with the shovels and the snow-thrower, so I'm for my bed. See you in the funny papers.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
CheyDee I have never heard using applesauce in meatballs.
I started using it years ago, when I substituted ground turkey for some of the ground beef, to keep the cholesterol down. I use it in meatloaf too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
You'll love what I'm presenting now on my blog pages. It might give you and others some ideas.
I'll check it out later when I'm doing my night-owl reading.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I have no problem with either for dinner. Alternating days. A nobrainer.
Great idea! Throw chicken into the mix and is the word trifecta too retarded?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Great idea! Throw chicken into the mix and is the word trifecta too retarded?
Oh no. The "Triple Crown" would be appropriate too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink