Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Bummer. And I've been waiting at the front door for hours now! Oh, well. Maybe next time.
Well maybe one day soon. Of course I think wife is on call this week so we can't leave town. I do have a sense that we may have Cuban sandwiches for dinner tomorrow night. My mom has put in to go to a Cuban bakery in Tampa when finished at the docs tomorrow. We shall see. If we get the bread then off to Publix for roast Spanish pork and some good cheese. I may get one on the road too to make sure I get a least one tomorrow. Now for a pie with that I think key lime would be good.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Local market had specials on fresh mozzarella and Italian sausage.

Like a moth to a flame.....................................

Dinner was a sausage parmigiana sub.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

I'm so jealous...I'm sure it was "delish"!

Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am going to saute a pound of fresh Maine shrimp in garlic butter and olive oil....(the fishmonger said it will only take about one minute to cook them)....then I am serving them in the rough on a bed of fine linguini and perhaps some steamed spinach on the side with lemon juice. Sounds perfect to me.
Sounds perfect to me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

I think I should have gone to Maine via NJ and eaten my way through. Yum!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh Burdell-I'm dyin'.

One slice of pizza and spinach salad, fruit and goodnite. I am Freezing-beyond freezing-so down comforter and Mr.L for me-he's always warm.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Burdell-I'm dyin'.

One slice of pizza and spinach salad, fruit and goodnite. I am Freezing-beyond freezing-so down comforter and Mr.L for me-he's always warm.
Oh Lacey, get cozy, warm those knees and have a good night

Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Parmesan chicken tonight

Old 12-09-2008, 06:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Buffalo Wild Wings was the stop tonight we have never tried the one that came to our town a few months ago. I had pulled pork sandwich DD had honey BBQ chicken sandwich. It was filling but don't know that it was worth the $25 that included tip for supper though.

All you folks that can get fresh fish or nice sandwiches on special breads are making me crazy!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 PM

52,698 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Default The Results

Sometimes I can hype something that I think would be good, and guess what? Turns out it isn't what I thought. Tonight, I did the peanut butter and banana sandwich on the griddle. The final verdict, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best score, is........

......4. The bread, toasted on the griddle, just didn't taste right with PB&B, plus the peanut butter got real runny. So, I had a little fun after eating the sandwich, and that is scooping up the run-off peanut butter with my fingers, akin to "licking the bowl" when making a cake.

So, what will I do next time? Don't griddle the bread. I'll make an ordinary PB&B sandwich, just not heated. It would be better. I'd do that one as a lunch selection with chips.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Elston, mad props on the 21 pounds! I'm super proud of you, and you're going to inspire me to follow your excellent lead. That's simply fantastic progress, and you should pat yourself on the back for all the hard work.

Couple suggestions, if you don't mind interference from a semi-pro dieter: don't totally eliminate your favorite foods from your daily regimen, or when you do fall off the wagon, so to speak, and indulge, you'll go way overboard. And identify some non-food ways to reward yourself for the progress, too; it's fine to have one dish of mashed potatoes with that puddle o' butter, but give yourself a way to feel good without eating, too.

One thing that I've used is to reward myself with a professional massage for every 10 pounds lost (but then I'm a sucker for a good backrub, so that's a no-brainer for me). Other ideas I've heard from other folks is to give yourself a trip to a favorite park, museum or other destination, buy yourself a ticket to a good show, even something as seemingly minor as declaring a moratorium on housework for one weekend and spending your time engrossed in a good book. Rewards are an important way to reinforce good behavior, but when the "reward" is a return to the behavior you're trying to unlearn, it can be counterproductive to your longterm goal.

Good luck to you in any case, and please keep sharing your progress with your friends here! Your reports are inspiring, and goodness knows, some of us need ALL the inspiration we can get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink