Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 06:40 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times

Advertisements

[quote=southdown;6479316]Not really - meat grinding/mincing is less violent than the whizzing chopping blades of a food processor. Mincing is forcing the meat, pushing it thu a load of tiny holes rather than pulverising it completely! Unless the newer processors have some fancy attachments...???

QUOTE]

I'd never have thought of it, but when I was at my friend's house this weekend, learning to make egg rolls, her fiance "ground" some boneless skinless chicken breast very succesfully by pushing it through the large grater blade of the food processor.

It came out looking somewhat like a "chili ground" beef. But chicken, of course.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I'd never have thought of it, but when I was at my friend's house this weekend, learning to make egg rolls, her fiance "ground" some boneless skinless chicken breast very succesfully by pushing it through the large grater blade of the food processor.

It came out looking somewhat like a "chili ground" beef. But chicken, of course.
That's a brilliant idea! Something scientific happens if you use the chopping blade on meat too much - it goes kind of pureed and disgusting but forcing it thru the grater is pretty much like grinding - how clever of him!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have some cube steaks defrosted for tonight.....probably will be swiss steak...but its not decided.
Recipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I think I will add some cayenne to the mix too.
Imagine that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Kats got enough for one more? ha ha ha
Anytime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Please, someone next time I am crazy enough to venture out of our safe and friendly FOODIE haven.... STOP ME..... My nerves are shot..... I just duked it out in the Parent forum..... I think I need a spa treatment from the stress.... LOL OMG I am so not like that either.... there is something about those forums.... ugh....
No doubt! I occasionally venture into "no-man's land" myself.....sometimes something just catches my eye that I simply cannot ignore and I feel that my input MUST be needed to restore order! HA! I normally get my bacon fried, unless it's something that I am passionate about enough to continue on with all the nonsense and bs. Sometimes I eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats me (but if he does, he has a good ole case of heartburn at least!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ah sweetie! It's ok, we love you here! I have done the same thing---when I was first finding my way around here--oh my! I really got upset by the things said and my feelings got so hurt not to mention how angry I got. And for what??? I decided I would avoid any threads that had any kind of controversy in them..period. I just want to come and enjoy myself and enjoy others--not argue! So here I am and that's my story! Ha!
I totally agree!
Quote:
SKBS. Food and games are the places to be. Well photography is good too. I avoid those other places like the plague they can be. Wife just called and confirmed for sure we will have a one dish casserole of cabbage, whole kernel corn, and kielbasa. One of my favorites. I'll grab a couple of oranges off the tree for some vitamin C and we will be set.
That sounds really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm sick in bed. Too tired and out of it to bother feeding myself. Would love some of your pasta!
Woofers
Feel better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
In Japan we ground our own seseme seeds (goma) into a paste at the table with a small pestle and a ceramic bowl and mixed it with a sweet Tonkatsu sauce for dipping and had large amounts of shredded raw cabbage.
I am so envious of your travels and experiences! I enjoy hearing about them!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,976 times
The talipia turned out great.. the mashed cauliflower on the other hand did not pan out for me. I did not like it Owell. icky blah! My son liked it though. Hub tried to eat'em. I think just to make me feel better. Back to the drawing board.

Is it me or isn't shepards pie made with ground beef? I always make shepards pie when I have left over meat loaf and mashed potatos. I guess there could be many versions

Old 12-08-2008, 07:59 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Quote:
The talipia turned out great.. the mashed cauliflower on the other hand did not pan out for me. I did not like it Owell. icky blah! My son liked it though. Hub tried to eat'em. I think just to make me feel better. Back to the drawing board.

Is it me or isn't shepards pie made with ground beef? I always make shepards pie when I have left over meat loaf and mashed potatos. I guess there could be many versions
What a nice hubby.... You gotta give it to a guy who will eat mashed cauliflower the chef didn't even like LOL AND YOU for getting back in the ring and trying again.... I would just say the heck with it...LOL..... More power to you Amber.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:

Better put some Velveeta on the drawing board for the cauliflower. Heavy cheese sauce and no mashing it. Leave it chunky. Try it. You maybe pleasantly surprised.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 17 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I thought you were going to tell us you were opening a restaurant.
You'll love what I'm presenting now on my blog pages. It might give you and others some ideas.

Earlier tonight, gang, my household was graced with smoked sausage and macaroni and cheese. Wonderful stuff this evening. For those of you wondering about the PB&B sandwich, this may be done tomorrow night; if not, then Wednesday for sure.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 17 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
If I could eat right now I would eat a PB&B. They are good. I don't heat them though. I also like banana and mayo a few times a year. Peanut butter and marshmallow cream is good. Peanut butter, banana, and marshmallow cream is better.
Mayo?? With banana??! Now that last sentence looks better, with a smoother, easier set of choices.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Mayo?? With banana??! Now that last sentence looks better, with a smoother, easier set of choices.
Absolutely Banana and mayo. Sort of like sweet and sour with much sour. Much rather have mayo on banana than on a ham sandwich. We we all need a little weirdness ya know. I got the gene for this from my mother. See eats them too. And at her age you would think they are pure health food.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
I like to dip steamed cauliflower into cocktail sauce. As a matter of fact that's what I did with the broccoli tonight.

Quote:
Absolutely Banana and mayo. Sort of like sweet and sour with much sour. Much rather have mayo on banana than on a ham sandwich. We we all need a little weirdness ya know. I got the gene for this from my mother. See eats them too. And at her age you would think they are pure health food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ah sweetie! It's ok, we love you here! I have done the same thing---when I was first finding my way around here--oh my! I really got upset by the things said and my feelings got so hurt not to mention how angry I got. And for what??? I decided I would avoid any threads that had any kind of controversy in them..period. I just want to come and enjoy myself and enjoy others--not argue! So here I am and that's my story! Ha!
Yes, something about foodies makes for nice people. Maybe because food has to do with sharing and taking care of others??

Tonight:
Roast beast with roastie potatoes and broccoli, pecan pie for desert. I am replete and unhungry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink